Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

easy and fun place to work, meeting new people
Offer an excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, QCFebruary 3, 2016
the pharmaprix I was at were doing about 150-200 prescriptions a day.
was never too busy, sometimes boring since I had done everything so quickly.
butable to do a lot of things as a pharmacy assistant such as the enventory, expiry dates on medications, able to get information on the transfers instead of always sending it to pharmacist to get all informations, e.t.c .

people are understanding, they help you if needed, go through things if not understood properly.

also learned a lot from where we would order the medicartions, when it would come in, how to check things on their systems..
Pros
learning different things
Cons
wrong positions, often on cash
looovved it
Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJanuary 23, 2016
only left because i moved, the job has nice, the people were nice, management were very respectful and helping, this place was awesome to work at. they cared for their employees and you felt it, i really appreciated working there.
Pros
all
pharmaprix
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCDecember 29, 2015
fill up the specials and the daily merchandise, help costumers in need. the management needed some work. I like speaking to costumers and helping them in their decisions.
b
Commis a la reception (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QCDecember 9, 2015
its a nice a job, it just dont pay enough. The people are good, the atmosphere is very calm. They have very assurance. This is a great place to be if you try to fix your life.
Productive and interactive work place.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 27, 2015
Pharmaprix is a interactive work environment. Co-workers and management are all very dependable, tasks are normally split in within the team judging by the employees skills. The hardest part of the job is communication, with a lot of employees miscommunication can easily occur. The most enjoyable part is pleasing the customers and getting the work done adequately.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Short Hours
It's okay
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
I've worked there for 3 years and the only problems are mostly the customers and some of the coworkers can be rude sometimes.
Pros
They buy pizza for us once in a while
Cons
Sometimes bad coworkers depending on your shift
great first job to learn responsibility and business basics
clerk\cashier\photo lab (Former Employee) –  montrealSeptember 21, 2015
I started as a clerk stocking shelves and receiving shipments. I then went on to cashier learning the register and spending more time with customers. I finished my time as a photo lab technician which gave me a chance to learn some new developing negatives and helping customers with photo touch terminals.
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCSeptember 16, 2015
Where I used to work management was bad and they don't know how to balance work and life, it's hard for me to even take a time off because they were always short staffed....
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Long hours, can't have a specific days off
Different
Floor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
See the first message regarding the other Pharmaprix experience. There was always something to do, and always something new to learn. I enjoyed learning how to do the planograms.
productive and fun
Pharmacien (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QCAugust 29, 2015
I like Pharmaprix as a reputable name as to work for it , where I can develop my communication and pharmaceutical skills to ensure maximum patient care.
Productive and amazing team to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marcel LaurinJuly 21, 2015
I would manage the cash deposits and the safe.
Open and close the store depending on the scheduled shifts
Prepare the cash reports for the accountant.
Do the reimbursements and cheque deposits.
Pros
employees discounts
Cons
short shifts
good working environment
supervisor promoted to assistant manager in 2012 (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCJune 26, 2015
I have learned how to deal with difficult people. at this store employees are family. job is stressful, but keeps you on your toes.
Pros
amazing crew
Cons
low pay, stressful
Nice part time job
Commis au comptoir postal (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QCJune 21, 2015
I didn't learn much, but it was, overall, a pleasant experience.

A typical day at work was getting there, opening the computer system, placing all the futile toys/cards/stamps/books that the supervisor was trying to sell for many years but in vain. Serve clients, get complaints about the inefficient mailmen, serve clients again. Do clerk job because theres not enough clerks in the store. Close the store and store all the futile stuff mentioned earlier.
Pros
not much supervision
Cons
unqualified employees
Productive and great atmosphere
Commis de Plancher (Current Employee) –  montreal, quebecApril 23, 2015
-placing stock
-using inventory systems
-facing and rotation of stock
-great management and co-workers
-the most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere and vibe from my co-workers
Pros
close to home, great job while in school, flexible with schedule
I had a great time and gained quite a lot of experience working at Pharmaprix. Great ambiance and workplace.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 8, 2015
I adore my years as a beauty advisor for Pharmaprix.
i was always encouraged and appreciated for being a hardworker and ponctual
Working at Shoppers drug mart
cosmetic manager (Former Employee) –  gatineauJanuary 30, 2015
The job itself was fun and there was always something to different to do. Had to work every other weekend and one night a week.
The manager needs a crash course on how to talk to employes.
Head Cashier
Head Cashier/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 13, 2015
I loved doing my job and making sure I gave a great customer service to each of the clients that came to my counter. I made sure that every cashier that I had to supervise gave the same service. I showed the example and always worked in a team.
Working at Pharmaprix
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 8, 2014
Working at Pharmaprix is a pleasure. The team is friendly, respectful, and always work together as a team. I enjoy going to work every day knowing that when my clients leave, they have a better day. However sometimes with the policies, there is not much I can do, and knowing that the client isn’t satisfied does not give me the greatest feeling. Therefore, I've learn to always smile and do my best no matter how much control I have over a situation.
Pros
satisfaction after a good day at work.
Cons
salary doesn't match up to hard work.
Interesting place to work
cashier for the lab (Current Employee) –  Greenfield ParkNovember 23, 2014
I work as a cashier in the lab but I also search for and give Rx's to clients. I refer them to the pharmacist for councelling. I file all the Rx's and prepare all the Rx's to be delivered the next day. I have to keep work area clean. I work with the technicians and the pharmacists.
Pros
working with a great team.
Cons
clients sometimes get angry and frustrated while waiting or paying for their medications.
An agreable place with great coworker
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QcAugust 27, 2014
Pharmaprix is a good place for a first job. I learned how to deal with client and how to be effective. The coworker are great. The supervisors are helping and do their job in a good way. The hardest part of the job, is the first of the month.This day, a great number of people come for their Opus Card and usually the promotion fall this day. The first times, it was hard to deal with the stress and this number of people, but with time, it became less overwhelming
Pros
coworker