Reports to: Pharmacy Operations Manager
License: Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy and local Licensing
Status: Full Time
- To screen prescriptions for appropriateness
- To supervise the activities of Technicians
- To provide final checks of completed activities
- Provide clinical services as defined by ABC & AHS
- Provide services that meet and exceed the Standards of Practice
- To ensure a controlled use of narcotics
- Graduate from accredited school
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of Alberta
- Supervisory experience and experience in diverse institutions desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer and staff relations
- Strong personal computing skills
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- High level of professionalism, energy and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of all Dispensary equipment
- A commitment to the pharmacy values: Integrity, accountability, respect and excellence
- Careful attention to detail
- Organized approach to workflow
- Experience working in long term care facilities an advantage.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and handle stress
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
- Ability to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of the patients served by the dispensary
- To provide direction to technicians regarding Policy and Procedures
- Strong Computer Skills
- Critical Assessment Processes for patients with complex medication regiments.
- Thourough understanding of formularies
- 3 years experience as a Pharmacist
- Administer, support and represent the core corporate values of Respect for the Individual, Service to our Customer and striving for Excellence
- Maintain Patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act
- Maintain a high level of customer service and patient care in the pharmacy
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
- Ensure proper storage and disposal of pharmaceutical products/medications in a manner consistent with legal and professional obligations
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Operate pharmacy computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Protect company assets
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee information, as well as all pharmacy proprietary information at all times
- Processes the necessary interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, coworkers and other health professionals
- Receives verbal Rx orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Consults as necessary
- Is both familiar with and compliant with all record keeping requirements for controlled substances
- Reviews complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint.
- The ability to communicate effectively to maximize accuracy in the delivery of patient care
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others
Our Core Values are Passion, Quality, Patient-Centered Care, Relationships & Innovation.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Pharmacare is an Alberta-based health-service company that supports over 4000 patients daily.
Our organization specializes in the...