Reporting To: VP Pharmacy Operations
Schedule: Mon-Fri 5 pm to 9 pm
How to Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=MYPHARM&jobId=14395&lang=en_CA
- To supervise the activities of Technicians and Assistants
- To screen prescriptions for appropriateness and provide final checks of completed activities
- Provide clinical services as defined by ABC & AHW
- Provide services that meet and exceed the Standards of Practice
- To ensure a controlled dispensing and inventory of narcotics, controls and targeted
- To assist in the management of inventory
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Administer, support and represent the core corporate values of Respect for the Individual, Service to our Customer and striving for Excellence
- Maintain Patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act
- Maintain a high level of customer service and patient care in the pharmacy
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
- Ensure proper storage and disposal of pharmaceutical products/medications in a manner consistent with legal and professional obligations
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Operate pharmacy computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Protect company assets
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee information, as well as all pharmacy proprietary information at all times
- Receives verbal Rx orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Consults as necessary
- Reviews complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- 40 – 60 words per minute
- KROLL system experience
- Knowledge of Dispensary equipment
- Experience using KROLL in a long term care setting would be an asset.
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Must have Emotional Intelligence
- Strong Business Acumen
- Excellent Attention to Detail with a Quality Assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and handle stress
- Demonstrates Consistent Exceptional Patient Care and customer service
- Ability to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of the patients served by the dispensary
- To provide direction to technicians regarding Policy and Procedures
- Strong English Communication Skills Careful attention to detail
- Organized approach to workflow
- A working knowledge of Evidence Based Medicine
- Effective management of Patient files in Kroll
o Retail Module
o Long Term Care Module
- Strong Pharmaceutical Care Plan Documentation Skills
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy and Alberta Licensing
- Graduate from accredited school
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of Alberta
- Supervisory experience and experience in diverse institutions desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer and staff relations
- Strong personal computing skills
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- High level of professionalism, energy and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of all Dispensary equipment
- A commitment to Pharmacare values: Passion, Quality, Patient-Centric, Relationships, Innovation
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK IN ORDER TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION - https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=MYPHARM&jobId=14395&lang=en_CA
**RESUMES SUBMITTED THROUGH INDEED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Pharmacare is an Alberta-based health-service company that supports over 4000 patients daily.
Our organization specializes in the...