To provide technology expertise and leadership in the development and implementation of Pharmacare’s technology needs.
- Pharmacare Employee’s and all levels of Management
- General Manager
- Vendors and Contractors
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The Network Administrator would be responsible for all IT needs at Pharmacare in collaboration with Management team
- Facilitates implementation between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
- Oversees the back office computer operations including local area networks and wide-area networks.
- Responsible to assist in management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including data, imaging, and office automation.
- Oversees and evaluates IT procedures.
This is a hands on role that requires someone that is proven, responsible, proactive and sees the big picture around balancing functionality, access and security.
Assists in developing and enforcing policy and procedures to ensure the protection of the IT resources and the integrity, security and privacy if information entrusted to or maintained by the 3rd party.
1. Oversees the linkage between external technology systems (e.g. government, vendors and other health care organizations) and the IT resources; including systems for electronic data exchange.
2. Recommend changes to software applications based on analysis of their impact to all users requirements.
3. Gather and analyze technical requirements of users and develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements.
4. Develops and maintains the systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of health care network information systems.
5. Manages the system that provides training and support to end users.
6. Ensures that data systems are capable of provision of all patient data and statistics as required by law and Health Information Act. Supports the development of patient reports as requested.
7. Develop and maintain system recovery plan in the event of power failure, damage to system, etc.
8. Facilitate correction of any system failures, contact point for computer problems.
9. Update documentation and on-line help facilities.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
11. Track and maintain inventory of software licenses.
12. Primary contact for Technical Support.
13. Liaison with vendors to support number of pharmacy applications.
14. Track and maintain inventory of users and perform User Management for number of applications and systems.
15. Test and update security patches, and updates as required.
- Experienced troubleshooting desktop, notebook, handheld, and server computer hardware.
- Experienced providing IT Help Desk Support and ability to priority issues.
- Experienced with local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation.
- Experienced with design, architecture, implementation and troubleshooting of hybrid networks in virtual environment with Windows Server 2008 and 2012 and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experienced with design, architecture, implementation and troubleshooting of virtual environment – Windows Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Hands on experience with Windows Active Directory Administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
- Experienced using various computer peripherals such as printers, monitors, modems and other equipment.
- Knowledge of business processes and their interrelationships.
- Knowledge and exposure to Cisco devices.
- Security as it relates to information Confidentiality, Integrity and Authenticity.
- Must be able to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills, and effective presentation skills, all geared toward coordination and education.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills.
- Must have Emotional Intelligence.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative.
- Relate to all levels of the user community.
- Motivates, educates and support non-technical users.
- Plan, implement and support systems in a fast paced work environment.
- Set and manage priorities.
- Comprehend technical subjects.
- Translate technical language to lay audiences.
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies.
- Strong Technical and Business Acumen.
- Excellent Attention to Detail with a Quality Assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy.
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Excellent memory skills.
- Ability to lift/move computer, servers, printers and other devices as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The position requires an undergraduate or post secondary education with a preferred minimum of 5+ years of work experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of information systems and information technology.
- Experience in a health care setting is desirable, specifically in technology and information systems planning to support business goals.
- Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment.
- Current driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows Server 2008/2012, Active directory, Hyper-V), Red Hat System Administrator, CCIE, VMWare and/or ITIL Foundation certification will be bonus.
- A commitment to Pharmacare values: Passion, Quality, Patient-Centric, Relationships, Innovation
- The chosen candidate will be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
Our Core Values are Passion, Quality, Patient-Centered Care, Relationships & Innovation.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Pharmacare is an Alberta-based health-service company that supports over 4000 patients daily.
Our organization specializes in the...