Reporting To: Accounting Manager
A Customer Relations Clerk is responsible for day to day customer relation maintenance and promotes pharmacy services, and reports to Accounts Supervisor
- Facility Coordinators
- Accounts Specialists
- Public Trustees
- Facility workers
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Answer, in person or on the phone, inquiries from customers and investigate complaints regarding the Pharmacy goods, services and policies; arrange for refunds, exchange and credit for returned merchandise; receive account payments;
- Promote pharmacy billing services; respond to inquiries and emergencies; investigate complaints and update accounts.
- Explain the type and cost of pharmacy services offered; provide information about claims or accounts; update accounts; initiate billing and process claim payments; and receive payment for services
- Perform routine customer maintenance such as address changes; changing/adding direct deposits;
- Maintain knowledge of all pharmacy service rules and regulations
- Maintaining and preparing customer billing packets.
- Provide quality assurance to pharmacy billing
- Consigning quoting process including monthly quotes, requites and follow up with customers.
- Processes reconciliations as it relates to Pharmacare and customers
- Review customer balances as directed by supervisor to identify past due accounts
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- 40 – 60 words per minute
- Excellent math abilities
- Ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level
- KROLL system experience
- Experience using KROLL in a long term care setting would be an asset
- Knowledge of pharmacy service
- Knowledge of major insurance policy for medication
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Must have Emotional Intelligence
- Strong Business Acumen
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering customer information
- Excellent Attention to Detail with a Quality Assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy,
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- Effectively manages conflict between clients and organizational units
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, and walk throughout the day.
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Secondary School is preferred
- Pharmacy Service or Sales Experience is considered to be an asset.
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
Our Core Values are Passion, Quality, Patient-Centered Care, Relationships & Innovation.