PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS POSITION BY PASTING THIS LINK IN YOUR ADDRESS BAR:
Reporting To: Clinical Administration Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Schedule: Part Time 1 day per week (TBD)
The Part Time Pharmacist practitioner will help maintain continuity of care for clientele through providing initial assessment care plans and follow-up with clients. Ability to provide clinical services to senior’s residences, as well as some retail services will be essential in this position.
- Clinical Administration Manager
- PSP3 Store Manager
- All Clinical Administration Staff
- All Fulfillment Centre Staff
- Operations Supervisors
- Family Members
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To create networks with physicians and specialists groups
- To obtain initial access prescribing within 3 months of hiring.
- Ability to apply clinical knowledge and make sound decisions with minimum supervision.
- Follow policy and processes of the Clinical Program “Professional Services”
- To complete administrative and documentation requirements for clinical services within 24 hours
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organization and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Acts in the best interest to generate customer outcomes through collaboration with physicians
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, other health practitioners, as well as patients and family members.
- Ability to be self-directed, to organize and prioritize workload and to complete tasks with accuracy, precision and dependability
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Excellent documentation skills with attention to detail
- Documentation - able to provide concise information for summary reviews for physicians
- 40 – 60 words per minute
- KROLL system experience, and work in a long term care or assisted living setting would be an asset.
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong inter-team relationships
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized – Excellent time management skills and organized approach to workflow
- Works under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Must have Emotional Intelligence
- Strong Business Acumen
- Excellent Attention to Detail with a Quality Assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Strong stress management abilities
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Pharmacist in Alberta
- Strong preference towards pharmacists with Additional Prescribing Authority
- Strong understanding of western medicine treatments and medication therapies
- Provide evidence of advancing processes for clinical assessment and documentation
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Injection Certified
- Assisted Living/Long Term Care Pharmacy experience would be an asset
- Able to speak Cantonese would be an asset
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
Our core values are Passion, Quality, Patient-Centric, Relationships, and Innovation