Reporting To: Clinical Program Development Manager
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
This exciting new position at Pharmacare Specialty Pharmacy offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be at the forefront of clinical pharmacy. Pharmacare is a provincial leader in providing clinical services across the province of Alberta. Our vision is to provide our clients with proven programs for the management of chronic diseases. The Administrative Assistant will provide:
- Administrative and clerical support for the clinical office
- First point of contact for patients
- Filing of documents in patient records
- Provide patient documents for the pharmacists as needed
- Photocopying, scanning faxing services
- Retail Clinical Pharmacists
- Clinical Administration
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Clients, Customers
- Contractors & Building Personnel
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- First point of contact in the Front Lobby
- Providing a compassionate voice for Pharmacare Clinical Programs
- General administrative and clerical support
- Mailing and distribution
- Preparing material for billing including tracking sheets
- Printing paperwork, preparing forms for pharmacists
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Demonstrated skills in both Microsoft Excel and Word
- Comfortable with web interface and computers
- Able to type more than 40 words per minute
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works well under pressure
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Must have Emotional Intelligence
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Excellent Attention to Detail with a Quality Assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- A passion for helping people
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Spends long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle and eye strain.
- May do light and reasonable lifting of supplies from time to time.
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a customer facing administrative role within the health care sector.
- Excellent computer knowledge
- 2 years of experience in an Administrative support function is preferred
- Experience handling confidential information and payments is a must.
- A commitment to Pharmacare values: Passion, Quality, Patient-Centric, Relationships, Innovation
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
Our Core Values are Passion, Quality, Patient-Centered Care, Relationships & Innovation.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Pharmacare is an Alberta-based health-service company that supports over 4000 patients daily.
Our organization specializes in the...