PHP Developer (Entry Level) - Markham
PharmaCommunications Group Inc. is a leading provider of marketing, business process, and analytics solutions for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. Through our offices in Montréal and Toronto, we help the industry more effectively communicate with healthcare professionals and consumers; build greater loyalty for their brands; improve their sales and marketing processes; and assist them in identifying opportunities for future growth.
We currently have an opportunity for an entry-level PHP Developer to join our Markham IT team. Reporting to the Manager of Systems Development, this position involves (but is not limited to):
- Contribute to the development of software products.
- Actively participate in the agile development process – evaluating requirements and estimating development effort.
- Together with the development team, ensure iteration deliverable commitments are met.
- Ensure quality through unit testing and guidance for QA for the most effective testing of new software
- Maintain and augment internal documentation as reference for the support and implementation team.
- Contribute to external documentation for new and enhanced functionality.
This position requires a strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and organization skills. You must have the ability to follow direction and enjoy working in a team environment and independently.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience with IT and related technologies
- Must have minimum of 2 years PHP5 (Object Oriented Programming)
- Must have UNIX/Linux experience
- Experience with Perl
- Experience with HTML/CSS and JS/AJAX
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases (MySQL)
- Experience with Code Repositories (Subversion)
- Experience building online applications
- Enterprise-grade design
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience creating clean and User Friendly Interface designs
The following skills / qualifications would be considered a plus, but are not mandatory:
- Experience with E-commerce systems and their integration
- Experience with unit/functional testing in PHP
- Experience with VB.NET
Please include samples of or links to previous work (if possible).
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related science preferred, but not necessary if you possess the desired skill set. Entry Level / Junior applicants will be considered for an entry level position if they possess a relevant University or College Degree.
PharmaCommunications™ is a hands-on entrepreneurial firm, providing a fast paced and challenging environment. If you believe that you could thrive in such a setting, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please send your résumé in confidence to PharmaCommunications Group Inc:
By E-mail: careersATpharmacommunications.com Please use "PHP Developer" as your e-mail subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.