Pfizer Inc.

• Salary/Benefits
effective and usefull
Professional Service Officer (Former Employee), chennaiApril 24, 2014
Doctors and Chemist are the Key opening leader
I learned about my profession
Constant changes and not for the better.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 24, 2014
Pros: very good researchers and suppliers
Cons: management changes and upheavel are more than the norm at other phramaceutical companies
They have the reputation of abruptly changing directions and canceling or changing contracts, deserverdly so.
That happened with me, they changed the contract I had and basically eliminated my position, or 90% of it.
overall good experience at Pfizer
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAApril 23, 2014
Nice to work at Pfizer. Great organization and co-operative people.
A nice place to work
Energy Project Manager (Current Employee), Vega Baja, Puerto RicoApril 21, 2014
Pros: excelent salaries and benefits
Cons: decision making is difficult, stressful work environment
A nice place to work, under management and personnel transition.
Ok place to work
Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee), Pearl River, NYApril 18, 2014
Good cuture, fast paced, good learning opportunties but constant changes in management and reorganizations.
Temp position
Special packaging (Former Employee), Portage, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: stuck in the building all day without windows
This was a temp job that when my contract was up it was up. The company is concerned with the bottom line like any major corp. Temps are Temps. My typical day was show up and do the task that I was given each day. I assisted chem operators in creating new drug products.
Great company; excellent opportunity to learn new skills
Senior Manager Global Trade Training & Development (Former Employee), Madison, NJApril 16, 2014
Pros: learning new skills; traveling
Cons: working in the middle of the night on conference calls
I did a lot of overseas travel and was able to experience many different cultures. I truly enjoyed them all and the ability to help them excel in their sales opportunities.
"boys club" mentality
Associate Director (Current Employee), Groton, CTApril 16, 2014
If you belong to the club, you are all set. If not, there are very few chances for a career at Pfizer, Inc. It's a shark tank and you are just the next meal.It's a shame...it didn't use to be like this...
Excellent working conditions
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: independent working enviornment
Cons: none whatsoever
Part of a team re-imaging approx 5,000 Lenova laptops and desktops, however team members usually worked independently of each other
Teamplayer
Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2014
Running reports
typing memos
answering emails
answering phones
troubleshooting
A good place to work
Production Activity Technician II (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIApril 14, 2014
Pros: i have good benifits and there are always new ideas for improvement
Cons: it can be difficult to move into other areas of intrest
I spend most of my days reviewing and updateing the production schedule, tracking attainment, colaborating with other colleagues about goals and best practices.
My employer, Wyeth, was taken over by Pfizer.
Senior Director - Global Research Facilities (Former Employee), Pearl River, NYApril 11, 2014
Pros: exciting, interesting job.
Cons: unsure future.
I worked for Wyeth and advanced in title and salary because of the successful completion of numerous very difficult assignments. Wyeth was taken over by Pfizer and my site was immediately reduced in size by one-half. There were ongoing reductions, which continue to this day. I was well compensated but the ongoing work situation was very difficult because – more... of the merger of the two companies. I chose early retirement because of health issues with my knees and because of potential changes in my retirement/health care packages. – less
Very Productive and Thoughtful of employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAApril 9, 2014
My position as a machine operator here kept my day straight forward and I had few stressful situations, I had great co-workers whom helped me with lot changes, roll changes, totes, etc... and I learned much from my peers which included CLI from maintenance and my own assembly and disassembly of my own Bosch Sig production filler machine. Management – more... there was very smooth and accommodated very well in schedule changes. As with anyone working in the pharmaceutical industry, the weekend wet cleans were a hassle but also a time to wind down from the week and have all shift work together as a team. – less
Reputable company, but can do a lot better
Senior Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: cutting back, but benefits are still above par
Cons: tolerance of mediocre performers, inconsistent rating system, compensation
Top performer, but overworked. Must play favorites to get ahead. Room for advancement can get capped very early.
Productive and Educational
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Andover, MAApril 8, 2014
I worked in Commerical start up product (Prevnar) for three and half years and then joined Clinical Quality for two and half years.
Best professional experience of my career
Safety, Health & Emergency Response Manager, TL (Former Employee), Puerto RicoApril 5, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity to implement a process safety managemnt program, and a behavior based safety process/program.
Excellent employer with outstanding approach on EHS. I had the challenging opportunity to implement the behavior based safety program and the process safety management program and export both programs to other international locations in US, Mexico, UK and Ireland.
productive
professional medical representative (Former Employee), AlexandriaApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I learned how to sell any product and how to solve customer problems.
Great Company
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Great place to work! Very flexible and great management!

It is a team environment, very conducive to learning new things and keeping on top of trends.

The most enjoyable part of my job is finding great talent for the company.
Great company if starting a new career in the pharmaceutical industry
Drug Safety Data Management Specialist (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 1, 2014
Pros: work hours, culture, training
Cons: employee appreciation
Contracted for only a year. Great company to work for if you're starting a new career but please note it's very hard to get hired internally (it's not what you know, it's who you know).
productive and great benfits
Sr. Logistics Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 1, 2014
Pros: cross training, pay and healthcare
Cons: no cons
My manager and co-workers are great. My job isn't hard because I am a fast learner and hard work. I love the cross training in all department and the Ownit the culture.

About Pfizer Inc.

Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals – Read more