Pfizer Inc.

Pfizer Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work but unstable due to company utilizing contractors
TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE, Precision Medicine (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 4, 2014
Great place to work with excellent benefits but due to industry utilizing contractors as opposed to full time staff, it makes for a shaky and uncertain work environment long term.
An excellent learning expierience for students looking to move into the pharmaceutical industry
Industrial Placement Student (Former Employee), ENGAugust 3, 2014
My 12 months at Pfizer was my first experience in the pharmaceutical industry and I learned a lot from it.
The main lesson I learned during my time is that everthing needs to be substantiated. I was an undergraduate student, with no idea about the complexity of the industry at the time. The team I was part of at Pfizer was a global team, reporting to – more... multiple stakeholders who, more often than not, didn't have a science background. I learned how to concisely and accurately report analytical data with all the relevant scientific backing. – less
Pfizer
Lean Deployment Leader Americas (Former Employee), Pearl River, NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexible in terms of work and life balance
Cons: complex processes/frustration buildup
Good company to work for. Management not really engaged and supportive of people.
Excellent company
Professional Healthcare Representative II (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, leadership
Cons: downsizing
Pfizer was truly a life altering experience. I am most gratified to have been part of that team.
Pays well but be ready to never have a life outside of work.
Mechanic (Current Employee), St. LouisJuly 31, 2014
Pros: pay is good.
Cons: too much to list here, biggest is forced to work too many weekends
I work in the St. Louis area for Pfizer. The pay is good but other than that I can't really think of anything good to say about Pfizer. They wait until Thursday or Friday to tell you that you are forced to work overtime on the weekend. And if you are in certain areas this is basically a 7 day a week job. Pfizer has this great global image but it is – more... just like any other company.....it just depends on what area you work in that determines if you will love your job or hate it. The biggist problem is WAY too many managers and hoops that have to be jumped through to get anything done. My location is also a union shop so that just empowers stupid lazy people to be worthless. They really need to hire a better class of people. – less
A great place to do science
Senior Associate Scientist, (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 31, 2014
A typical day comprises of performing experiments, managing junior scientists, troubleshooting experiments, helping other scientists in their experiments,and presenting data to the project management teams.
Team-work style work environment, scientifically outstanding and curious co-workers.
A great place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
The company seems to put real thought into assembling working teams, if this is not the case, I suppose the other way groups form is through recommendation and internal promotions. I was able to take my skills, knowledge, and expertise, contribute it all to the company and grow significantly from the experience. Constant lay-offs are a struggle but – more... also part of the learning experience. I would not trade in the experience I gained at Pfizer. – less
a new organization
Development Operations, Compliance Oversight Lead (Current Employee), Istanbul, TURKEYJuly 29, 2014
- A typical day starts with an issue and continues by trying to resolve theissue
- Learned a lot about oversight management
Unpredictable, challenging, long hours
Senior Business Finance Analyst (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPJuly 24, 2014
Pros: plenty of learning opportunity, challenging
Cons: lack of investement in proper systems
Unpredictable, challenging, long hours. Very hierarchical even though structure is very flay, making advancement into management difficult and entirely dependent on someone's departure.
best in class company
Development lab Technician (Former Employee), PRJuly 23, 2014
Pros: near home
Cons: don't give much oportunities to become a regular employee.
excellent lab experience, great great lab management
overall good salary, best in town.
Company in transformation.
Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Operations (Former Employee), Pearl River, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: managment supports employee development
Cons: large company in restructuring
Structural changes in the pharmaceutical industry have transformed the focus of the company from discovering, developing, testing, and producing drugs to more acquisitions and partnerships with smaller companies that do not have the sales and distribution channels that Pfizer does have. Although there is a lot of change internally, management has been – more... adept at managing the change and keeping the company in the desired direction. – less
Amazing experience and lot of learning
Internship (Former Employee), Karachi PakistanJuly 21, 2014
Pros: amazing lunches
Cons: long hours
I was intern at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals for the summer. The co workers helped me lot as it was a completely different atmosphere comparing it to my previous internships. I was the only intern in the department and there was a great work load. It was a very good experience as i learned time management and how to customise reports according different supervisors – more... preferences. – less
Very intergrative workforce, lot of benefits, and interaction
Biological production technician (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 14, 2014
Pros: picincs, holiday celebrations, paid holidays
Cons: working in extreme such as heat or cold
Performing assays,writing reports, equipment maintenance, maintain safety, ordering and stocking supplies.
On the job training of viral processes
Co-workers where energetic and wonderful to work with
Management was understanding and supportive of staff
Schedule changes
Working with assays and knowing that my work was excellent
Pfizer is a Good MNC Company
Professional Service Officer (Current Employee), Mahesana GujaratJuly 14, 2014
Work Culture is very nice in Pfizer. I learn lot of things from my co-workers and Managers.
Flexible working time
English speaking teacher (Intern) (Former Employee), 北京市, C22July 13, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Cons: expensive lunch
In America company culture, you gain flexible time, good cooperative team. All you can do is to deal with your own business work well.
Hard Physical Labor
Sterilization Technician (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 9, 2014
Pros: work as a team to get a reliable safe vaccine into production.
Cons: intense and extreme working conditions.
Maintained in place equipment. Maintained and aseptically cleaned and sterilized instruments and equipment for the animal vaccine production. Heavy lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling, hot steam, hazardous chemical handling, extreme temperatures, and detailed documentation.
Good work life balance
Supply Chain Senior Associate (Current Employee), Peapack NJJuly 9, 2014
Great working campus and good work life balance. Superb summer hour policy compared to surrounding companies.
Great job opportunity
Operator (Former Employee), Caguas,PRJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great place to learn and work
Cons: none cons
It is a great job opportunity as manufacturing operator. As operator you learn the importance and the minimum details of the manufacturing process.
productive workplace and exciting job
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaJuly 3, 2014
the work starts early at 8:00 A.M.
selling skills
cooperative management
the hardest part of the job is the difficult to manage time between work and personal
Physicians meeting were one of the most enjoyable part of the job.
The company also offered interaction with employees and their families. Summer Family Days were part of the agenda, Christmas Galas, and the site had
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Carolina, PRJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent activities to celebrate company goals, presentation of motivational speakers, presenatation of company stock option (both as gifts and to purchase). also, educational aid, making it possible to obtain a college degree with company help.
Cons: i honestly cannot find anything wrong with the company.
At Pfizer Corporation there was no typical day.
As previously mentioned I worked all aspects of Human Resources, from recruting, United Way Campaign--travelling to HQ for training, AAP, New Hire Presentation, among other duties.

I have always said more than any university, my learning experience from the company was priceless. It was during a period – more... of great change for any HR Department, as the Department was no longer an "attached" department of Finance and or Marketing. It was during the time period where federal laws were commencing, (such as AAP, Family Medical Leave Act, Pregnant Mothers, Discrimination Acts, among others). It was the moment of total organization and I was part of that movement.

Due to all the new changes, laws, etc., management of time and employees was of utmost importance. One had to know how to deal with changes, and although this was all new, it was a challenge, a well welcomed challenge.

During my tenure at Pfizer I can say that co-workers were excellent. Up to this date, I have never had problems with any co-worker. As a professional in HR, I have been able to work around even the most difficult people, always bringing out the best in them.

The hardest part of my job was a change in supervisor, whereas my first supervisor was more balanced towards both employees and company; my second sueprvisor was very demanding and along with many changes that were occuring within any HR Department during that time made it somewhat difficult work the balance the company had with internal customers, which were the employees.

The most enjoyable part of my job: my participation with the United Way Campaign, the company would completely go out of its way to make employee participation as attractive as possible. Also, working on behalf of the company in community awareness was also very rewarding. I would go visit different orphanages, homes for the elderly and evaluate their respective needs, and see how the company could contribute their needs. I made contacts with other companies and they too would help us with these needs. – less

About Pfizer Inc.

Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals – Read more