Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

Gp rep, spr, fst, dm, rsm, che
GP rep, SPR, FST, DM, RSM, CHE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada15 June 2015
Being with Pfizer for so many years I did almost all jobs with the exception of Access. The Management was great at all levels and my co-workers were also excellent. The hardest part of the job was to see the down-sizing every year when we were losing patents on our medications. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be with colleagues and to be Customer facing.
Pros
Customer facing with colleagues
Cons
Patent loss
Pfizer - Professional and a great place to grow!
Specialty Representative - Man/Sask/Tbay (Former Employee) –  Manitoba/Saskatchewan/Thunder Bay4 June 2015
Pfizer has a very strong commitment to training and development. They provide many tools to help you succeed in your position and are committed to providing their customers with high quality information, products, and customer service.

Pfizer is an ethical company committed to operating within the guidelines set out for the industry and will always demonstrate a high commitment to operating with Integrity.

Customers trust in Pfizer is very high and many customers I have worked with consider Pfizer as the best company to partner with.

Co-workers are well trained, personable and have a high commitment to the success of the organization.

Hardest part of the job is managing the many appointments each day as our customers regularly have emergencies that they need to attend to which can often make getting to the next appointment a challenge. The good part though is customers are understanding and flexible.

The most rewarding part of the job is when you are able to demonstrate where your product can help patients the most. Then having the doctor report back on how your product was able to help a patient. That is what Pfizer is all about!
Pros
Training and resources to do your job
Cons
Scheduling customers
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga17 April 2015
Alot of work to do. People are great to work with
Everyday is very busy

Great company to work for and at times challenging.very diversed company which shows how different individuals can unite in order to accomplish goals.
Advancement, career booster
Field Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC2 February 2015
Fast paced environment with lots of place to grow. Empowered in decision making and team based environment which makes it a place to learn and gather experience.
Pfizer is a great place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  2400 Skymark Ave. Mississauga,Ontario14 January 2015
Pfizer is a great to work, it has excellent benefits, good wages, and great culture. I loved working here 15 years unfortunately i have to part ways do to outsourcing. I feel home work
Pfizer is a great company to work for.
Retail and Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2014
Pfizer is a great company to work for. All employees at all levels are professional, committed and work as a team to achieve the company's goals.

Their "Own It" culture is a success as we all felt responsible and accountable for our own territories, making it very easy to meet the demands or expectations placed on us.

The management team was always supportive and listened to our feedback from the field so that all of our jobs were easier and we could all succeed.

They provided us with all the tools needed to perform our jobs, whether it would be samples, equipment, training, etc.
Pros
Great company, great life/work balance and great compensation.
Cons
Working in the field in the winter is not always easy.
fun
Marketing Analyst Middle East Region MER (Former Employee) –  AfMER17 August 2014
Fun and success and experience. Reporting to HQ in USA. Travel time is 70%
Pros
free lunches. car free fule and car mantanince.
A great place to work
Coordinator for field Sales Force (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC26 May 2014
There was always new challenges and the people were all so familiar and friendly. You started your day in a good atmosphere, you knew what you had to do. You worked with a group of people who were your team for many years. The hardest part of your job, sometimes was staying on top of your work. Most enjoyable for me was the customer service for my internal and external clients. It was a place where you looked forward to go to work.
Pros
Free lunches, you were always informed on how the company was succeeding, there were bonus, and free gifts, also weekend trips to different places for team building
Cons
they outsourced world wide, it was difficult because they were combining your jobs with others, across the world, and your job became obsolete, you were told you had to train the new person who would be replacing you.
Large corporate entity-Good training program
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL7 May 2014
Long Days with self structured schedule. Highly competitive with proper training and qualified resources available.

Not much stability in volatile Pharmaceutical industry.

Great co workers who have great selling skills and product experience.

Hardest part of the job was instability and uncertainty year after year.

Most enjoyable part was building relationships with customers.
Pros
Company Car, Bonus Structure
Cons
Instability.
Great Environment to work in
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kirkland21 April 2014
I like working with the team We have ; they are a great group eager to help when in need etc.
good workplace
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalian, China9 April 2014
Product knowledge, meeting with sales team/medical department, etc.
I learned the process of launch of a new product.
The hardet part of the job is medical terminologies
The most enjoyable part of the job is your becoming an expert before the launch of the product
Pros
good workplace
Cons
far from the city center
Good Work Enviroment
Warehouse Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2014
Running the day to day operations of the distribution centre, learned and applied the use of SAP, had a fantastic mangaer and the co-workers were some of the best ever worked with
Wonderful company to work for
Associate, Submissions Management Sciences (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC25 March 2014
Great boss and colleagues to work with. Excellent work/life balance.
I have 5 years experience in Pfizer company
-Self effectiveness course
-Negotiations skills
-Problem solving, decisions making
Administrative Assistant
Pharmaceutical Admin Assistant (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2014
1. A typical work day was to handle highly confidential docu0woments with the utmost integrity.
2. I learned to be very discreet.
3. Management was always receptive, understanding and professional.
4. My coworkers were communicative, diplomatic and team oriented.
5. The hardest part of the job was sitting all day without any breaks.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet such intelligent and cultured staff members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Excellent
Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2013
Great and motivating company.
Well established in their business objectives, clear and concise goals are set for employees.
Excellent leadership and inspiring.
ok
Cardiovascular Specialty Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Canada3 September 2013
not any great opportunity for advancement

some senior management looked out only for the people that came from within other aquired companies that they came from as well
Pfizer offers lots of opportunities for personal development. Treat its employees with respect. Have lots of good values.
Professional Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta8 July 2013
Give employees some autonomy on the work place especially in the field. I learned a lot of good values working for Pfizer. The management treats its employees with lots of respect. Pfizer also offers its employees a lot of opportunities for personal development. Most of my co-workers are highly professional. There is good teamwork in the work place. It's a very dyamic company to work for. There are always changes happening that sometimes you miss the stability in your role and in your work place. You get to know a lot of people and learn new things from them.
Pros
It's a big company to work for with lots of resources.
Cons
Lots of the company's products have lost their patents. Weak pipeline.
Heavy workload. Too many changes
Clinical Project Manager/Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONT11 January 2013
Too many changes over short period of time. Interesting pipeline.
Good salary and benefits, Comments from supervisors/mgmnt too subjective and bias. No job security or advancement.
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2012
Plan work day, typically about 3 full details (seeing doctors and entering call in the computer) in the morning.....pick up lunch for a lunch and learn.....discuss pertinent information with doctors.....enter calls.. do 2 full detail calls with docs and two pharmacy calls.....enter calls in the computer record odometer reading and expense report for the day.....plan for the rest of the week
learn new information from docs or pharmacists extremely dynamic.
hardly interact with co-workers
hardest part of the job is to enter the calls...process is too tedious and too much computer work...sample inventory
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers
Pros
flexible work hours...going to different locations
Cons
lots of driving and long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pfizer Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2