Pfizer Inc.

Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

Professionalism is always present
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 November 2016
Pfizer is a multi national company which promotes medicinal product. It is a research based company which produces very effective drigs that can help to save man kind. Being part of this company is a honour, because you know by your self that you are not just promoting the brand with PRIDE but also you are saving LIFE.
Pros
Company car, health benefits, good compensation
Cons
High monthly sales target
really it was a big school
medical representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt24 May 2016
I've learned from Pfizer the meaning of SALES , that every time you are taking to some one , you are selling an idea. I've learned also, how to be organised and how to work under stress.
The hardest part of my work was the target achievement but it was overcome by planning and activity.The most enjoyable part of the job was the target also ,, as the achievements give us the energy to continue and enjoy success.
Pros
good income
Cons
crowded market
fun workplace
FITNESS TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2016
You go through security and cannot get on the property without your pass. Small gym but the group class room was a good size and the employees were always happier once they stepped into the gym facilities
Allowed to work in the field of auto-immunity and understand the science of the pathology
Rheumatology Specialist Representative (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Winnipeg, Abitibi,Sherbrooke20 April 2016
Evening before organize the following day.
Follow up was based on Physician or patient request
Working in close proximity wit the product nurses and reimbursement specialist
Provide peace of mind with rheumatologists and their patients.
I made sure that all concerned knew I had their backs
Pros
level of respect i developed from the rheumatologists
Cons
renumeration versusu sales
Great Culture
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Pfizer had a great culture and made great brand names. They had a good balance of work/life and had good managers that fostered an excellent culture for the team.
GP Rep, SPR, FST, DM, RSM, CHE
GP rep, SPR, FST, DM, RSM, CHE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada15 June 2015
Being with Pfizer for so many years I did almost all jobs with the exception of Access. The Management was great at all levels and my co-workers were also excellent. The hardest part of the job was to see the down-sizing every year when we were losing patents on our medications. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be with colleagues and to be Customer facing.
Pros
Customer facing with colleagues
Cons
Patent loss
A company that is always seeking business opportunities in improving people's lives.
PROFESSIONAL / SCIENTIFIC AFFAIRS REP (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2015
Pfizer has got good products to market in the various therapeutic segments. It's constantly in search of formulations that would continuously treat people.
Pfizer is a great company to work for.
Retail and Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2014
Pfizer is a great company to work for. All employees at all levels are professional, committed and work as a team to achieve the company's goals.

Their "Own It" culture is a success as we all felt responsible and accountable for our own territories, making it very easy to meet the demands or expectations placed on us.

The management team was always supportive and listened to our feedback from the field so that all of our jobs were easier and we could all succeed.

They provided us with all the tools needed to perform our jobs, whether it would be samples, equipment, training, etc.
Pros
Great company, great life/work balance and great compensation.
Cons
Working in the field in the winter is not always easy.
Large corporate entity-Good training program
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL7 May 2014
Long Days with self structured schedule. Highly competitive with proper training and qualified resources available.

Not much stability in volatile Pharmaceutical industry.

Great co workers who have great selling skills and product experience.

Hardest part of the job was instability and uncertainty year after year.

Most enjoyable part was building relationships with customers.
Pros
Company Car, Bonus Structure
Cons
Instability.
Administrative Assistant
Pharmaceutical Admin Assistant (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2014
1. A typical work day was to handle highly confidential docu0woments with the utmost integrity.
2. I learned to be very discreet.
3. Management was always receptive, understanding and professional.
4. My coworkers were communicative, diplomatic and team oriented.
5. The hardest part of the job was sitting all day without any breaks.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet such intelligent and cultured staff members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
amazing people and great workplace amenities
Clinical Supplies Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QC4 June 2012
Working at Pfizer has taught me a lot about how clinical trials are run and all the little steps that are involved. The people in the clinical research dept. are second to none. Everyone is always willing to help you and I consider them all friends. Some of the great things about working here are the fact that they offer a lot of amenities: a gym with aerobics classes and access to a kinesiologist and dietician in-house, a dry cleaner, a doctor and a great cafeteria.
Pros
all of the amenities you have access to, great people
Cons
so many changes all the time with re-structuring.
Would recommend this employer
Administrator, Health & Wellness (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, Quebec17 April 2012
Challenging work environment with execllent benefits. Good possibility for lateral movement within the company for administrative staff. Excellent HR programs for employees and excellent on site employee services.
Pros
excellent benefits & salary, education & training available, good values.
Cons
challenges to maintain healthy work life balance.
A great place to work
Coordinator for field Sales Force (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC26 May 2014
There was always new challenges and the people were all so familiar and friendly. You started your day in a good atmosphere, you knew what you had to do. You worked with a group of people who were your team for many years. The hardest part of your job, sometimes was staying on top of your work. Most enjoyable for me was the customer service for my internal and external clients. It was a place where you looked forward to go to work.
Pros
Free lunches, you were always informed on how the company was succeeding, there were bonus, and free gifts, also weekend trips to different places for team building
Cons
they outsourced world wide, it was difficult because they were combining your jobs with others, across the world, and your job became obsolete, you were told you had to train the new person who would be replacing you.
Pfizer offers lots of opportunities for personal development. Treat its employees with respect. Have lots of good values.
Professional Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta8 July 2013
Give employees some autonomy on the work place especially in the field. I learned a lot of good values working for Pfizer. The management treats its employees with lots of respect. Pfizer also offers its employees a lot of opportunities for personal development. Most of my co-workers are highly professional. There is good teamwork in the work place. It's a very dyamic company to work for. There are always changes happening that sometimes you miss the stability in your role and in your work place. You get to know a lot of people and learn new things from them.
Pros
It's a big company to work for with lots of resources.
Cons
Lots of the company's products have lost their patents. Weak pipeline.
Good salary and benefits, Comments from supervisors/mgmnt too subjective and bias. No job security or advancement.
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2012
Plan work day, typically about 3 full details (seeing doctors and entering call in the computer) in the morning.....pick up lunch for a lunch and learn.....discuss pertinent information with doctors.....enter calls.. do 2 full detail calls with docs and two pharmacy calls.....enter calls in the computer record odometer reading and expense report for the day.....plan for the rest of the week
learn new information from docs or pharmacists extremely dynamic.
hardly interact with co-workers
hardest part of the job is to enter the calls...process is too tedious and too much computer work...sample inventory
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers
Pros
flexible work hours...going to different locations
Cons
lots of driving and long hours
Great pay and benefits
DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2012
Productive work enviroment with great pay and benefits, all the workers were very close which made working there enjoyableThe leadership team there is hands on and understand the workers. This employer was also willing to train there warehouse employees to help them grow into bettter positions.
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga17 April 2015
Alot of work to do. People are great to work with
Everyday is very busy

Great company to work for and at times challenging.very diversed company which shows how different individuals can unite in order to accomplish goals.
good workplace
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalian, China9 April 2014
Product knowledge, meeting with sales team/medical department, etc.
I learned the process of launch of a new product.
The hardet part of the job is medical terminologies
The most enjoyable part of the job is your becoming an expert before the launch of the product
Pros
good workplace
Cons
far from the city center
Advancement, career booster
Field Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC2 February 2015
Fast paced environment with lots of place to grow. Empowered in decision making and team based environment which makes it a place to learn and gather experience.
Pfizer is a great place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  2400 Skymark Ave. Mississauga,Ontario14 January 2015
Pfizer is a great to work, it has excellent benefits, good wages, and great culture. I loved working here 15 years unfortunately i have to part ways do to outsourcing. I feel home work

4.2