PetSmart
1,219 reviews

PetSmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and structured work place
Pet Specialist (Former Employee), Pelham, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: dogs, coworkers, decent lunch breaks
By far one of my favorite places to work for. Both customers and pets were wonderful. I loved playing with the pups during day camp, or simply having one on one time with them.
Management was always very helpful, and worked beside us, not over us.
Productive and fast paced environment
Bather/Prep (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNJune 17, 2014
I would have anywhere from 3-8 dogs in one day. The management was a little loose on the enforcing of the rules, but overall good. I loved my co-workers. The hardest part was the fast pace, but it was nothing unmanageable.
A ok place to work
Support Manager (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: pet friendly company
Cons: retail hours
Typical day at work begins with opening the registers and opening the store. I learned a lot about retail management and controlling inventory counts. Best part of my job was helping customers find what they were looking for and meeting their pets. Worst part was when customers would get upset if items were out of stock.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 16, 2014
I ran the cash register and assisted Customers.
I loved the staff and visitors.
I also enjoyed the pets that came in.
Petsmart
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), 1440 E Golf Rd Schaumburg, ILJune 12, 2014
Pros: friendly people and animals
Cons: cleaning feces.
I worked at the register and assisted customers with inquiries and transactions. I learned a variety of facts about dog breeds and food there which helped in informing people. The scheduling was a little scattered at times but the people made the experience fun and of course meeting a variety of lovely pets added to that.
Fun
Pet Hotel Manager (Current Employee), washingtonJune 12, 2014
I like working for Petsmart. I love working with animals and animal lovers.
Good job if you Really Love pets
senior member of the team (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, 2 weeks paid vacation, good people, get to work with dogs
Cons: dirty job!!, retail
Worked in the salon. It's a grubby job, and only one you can enjoy if you really love dogs. Petsmart provides its own grooming academy training fully paid for, all you have to pay for is your own grooming equipment, and the job pays quite well if you can handle a decent work load. Good people, good atmosphere. Most difficult part might be the customers – more... sometimes, might be a difficult to handle dog.
Job can be very rewarding when you fine those clients you build relationships with around their pets. – less
Great place to work.
Lead pet products associate (Current Employee), floridaJune 11, 2014
Fun place to work if you enjoy animals. Laid back atmosphere.
There are nice people there
Receiving/ Clerical Clerk (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: too many peices of equiptment
They need to worry more about quality instead of all quantity. I the merchandise is damaged due to rushing you can't sell it anyway.
Retail isn't for everyone
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 9, 2014
Retail jobs aren't for everyone. Management doesn't make the best decisions and expects a lot out of you for very little pay. My co-workers were one of the benefits of the job as they were great to work with and helped make everything better. There were some customers that you just got excited to see on an everyday basis.
Great place to stagnate
Retail Custodian Associate (Current Employee), Seneca, SCJune 9, 2014
Pros: pets!! yay!!!
Cons: management. great people, but poor managers. unfair and blind. gives totally wrong reviews.
People are great. But I guess if you're not pets don't expect too much. Unfair choosing of advancements. If you have a lot of pets get this job, if not stay away from it. Especially if you're looking for fair hrs.
Place to work if you love pets!
Regional Loss Prevention & Safety Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 9, 2014
Pros: leadership and development, travel, compensation
Cons: culture shift due to lack of sales
Family oriented, love for pets.

I travel 80% of the time, road warrior.

Leadership seminars and development.

Diversity and Inclusion
Dogs all day!
Pet Hotel Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: dogs
Cons: dirty
A typical day is spending a few hours in camp with the dogs. Playing with them, cleaning up after them, making sure they don't play too rough or fight. I also clean rooms, prepare meals, clean dishes, etc.
Quickly advanced to management
Night Operations Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 9, 2014
This was a high school job for me, and I carried it through after high school. I then pursued an advancement to management based on my performance reviews and dedication to the company's values. I was given a position as a night operations manager. In this role I managed up to four employees responsible for restocking the store, and conducting inventory – more... counts.
As over night work was waring on me, I tried to get a position during the day. When months passed without any success, I decided to find another job while I went back to school. – less
Fun job, somewhat unreasonable expectations
Cashier/Pet Care/Bather (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short- to no breaks
The benefits are great, the pay is good, but the superiors have never worked in a store so it makes some policies unrealistic and not quite possible. I did learn a lot about different types of animals and how to be organized in a job because I made appointments in the salon.
great place to start out
Pet Trainer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 6, 2014
Pros: working with animals
Cons: working for a large corperate comany
if you like retail there are advancement opportunities. can be tough working under the strict rules of a large corporate run company
BEST JOB EVER
Cashier (Former Employee), Apex, NCJune 6, 2014
I absolutely LOVED work at Connexion. Every day was something new. The people were great to work with. They were friendly, funny and really cared.
It was an ok job
Pet Hotel Associate (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJune 6, 2014
Pros: animals
I love animals so it was a very interesting job in that factor, besides that i have no real big issues with this job. Only problem i had at the time was transportation.
Great place
Bather/Cashier (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 4, 2014
Petsmart is a great place to work with lots of oppertunity for growth within the company and moving up does not take forever and a day
PetSmart
Associate (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAJune 3, 2014
A typical day at this job included working with many different people and animals. To be successful at this job multitasking was a MUST. Also, working closely with management as well as other team members. The hardest part of this job was that we were constantly under staffed, causing me to have to take on many tasks at once, coming in early and staying – more... late. This job did have it's rewards, working with animals sometimes required a great amount of patience, and this is something I definitely took with me when I left. – less

About PetSmart

PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified – Read more