PetSmart Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2016
I love working at petsmart because you get to see new puppys and work with a great staff. the management is fair. the co workers are amazing. the most enjoyable part is the environment
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
minimual hours
Great Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 November 2016
Employees are very friendly and easy to get along with. If you like working with pets and aren't afraid to get your hands a little dirty, this is the workplace for you.
Really busy and fast paced
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 November 2016
I enjoyed working here, but it was a bit much for me. I was an early morning stocker and lifting the heavy bags of food was a bit much to do 4 hours straight with no breaks in the middle. the staff were very friendly and inviting and were always willing to help each other out. this was a great job it just wasn't for me.
busy working place
Groomer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 November 2016
working all kinds of working house such as; 7am-10pm.
there are all kinds of co-workers such as part time and full time.
learning all the time. with customer services skills.
not the best
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
the managers have their priorities wrong and they choose favourites which is stupid, give bad hours. this place reminds me of high school
a lot of drama
Pros
good co workers
Cons
poor management, bad hours, low pay
I enjoy the people but no room to advance
Cashier/Pet care associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 October 2016
part time- sometimes I cashier and some times I do stock. I would like to be able to learn more than what they have allowed me.
Pet Care Associate
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
A typical day at work would be getting to the store around 8:00am cleaning the cat cages one at a time wiping them down, scooping litter, refilling water and food, and giving the animals some love. Then moving on to the back rooms. Treating sick animals, refilling their water and food, spot cleaning their cages and filling out a chart with what you had done for them and whether they had improved or not. Next I take care of the animals on the floor refilling food and water, spot cleaning and checking to make sure they're all healthy. Then I feed the fish and spot clean their tanks.
I learnt a lot about individual animals and their specific needs and how to properly care for them. I also learnt a lot about customer service.
The management and my coworkers were great. They were very supportive and goal-oriented which pushed me to be better.
Everything about this job was enjoyable. I learned something new every single day, I loved being around the animals and caring for them, the people I worked with were awesome and it was just an overall great experience.
Fun work environment, friendly staff
Assist groomers (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 October 2016
Day's start by checking dogs in making sure they are healthy and, making sure we know what needs to be done with them. The hardest part of the job would probably be making sure the dogs are not endangering themselves or others around them. The best part is would be when the pet parent picks the dog up they are so happy and thankful, makes you feel like you did a good job.
Pros
Learning how to work with the animals.
Cons
Not enough pay.
fun and frendly
Groomers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 September 2016
Had a wonderful experience working with this company the employees are all super friendly and there to help if you need it always working together to make it a safe and fun work environment
Amazing Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON21 September 2016
Petsmart was an amazing company to have worked at. I really loved the managers and staff as well as the customers. I had a blast working there and I will always feel like it is family.
good for new workers
Cashier, Customer Service, stocking, dog trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2016
This job is good for people to want a first time job or part time job, if you love animals. However, this job is only good for temporary employment in most cases there is no room for advancement.
Really bad and stressfull
Pet Stylist, Accredited Pet Trainer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia5 September 2016
They don't take care of dogs or employees. Very stressful. Policies are NOT followed. Management doesn't care or do anything. Human resources doesn't do anything but talk to the manager. Nothing ever gets resolved. So much stress. Corruption
Pros
Cons
All of it
excellent place to work at
Part-time pet care specialist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON30 August 2016
petsmart was a great place to work, friendly co-workers, enjoyable work experience, and there was always a dog around to pet! great management in every department.
cheap company /horrible pay/ bad managment
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  ontario canada26 August 2016
I worked at Pertmart for 5 years.. they give little to no raises, my manager would usually find a way to not give you a raise. for instance you must get 3/5 rating to get a raise, no one will ever give you a 5 I was told that in person by management due to fact that the raise would be to much. So I was given a 3 by my direct manager and the store manager changed it to a 2.9 which means no raise for me. They push sales on you for the most ridiculous things, I mean how hard Is it to sell hair extensions for dogs ?? ( seriously?) . I was making the same amount per hour at 5 years as people who were just hired, minimum wage would go up and then ours would just stay the same.

our Christmas parties were in the center of the store, I'm which we had to bringo our own food to. I'm sure a multi million dollar company cant even afford to buy some food for staff. All you're equipment that you purchase also has to be maintained and sharpened out of your pocket even though most to all the money for grooms Is going to the company.

managers try to over run you with dogs, not caring that you havnt had a single break in 8 hours just as long as you are making the quota so they can get their big bonus at the end of the year ( but you doing all the hard work? not so much )

oh and prepare to have some war wounds, can be a dangerous job at times with some poorly behaved pets!

I could go on. basically they don't care about staff in the least bit. which is ultimately why I quit.
Pros
Cons
terrible pay/ bad managment / dont care about staff / no perks
PetsHotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON23 August 2016
It's a great company to work for. Everyone who works there shares a passion for pets/animals, so it is easy to find common ground with co-workers and managers. Most managers are great, and they do not forget the human element when dealing with associates. It was like a family.
Loved working with the animals!
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 August 2016
How can you be in a bad mood around all those furry faces! Love working with the animals, feeding, cleaning up after them and of course cuddling. Learn a lot about nutritional benefits for several breeds of animals.
Fun workplace meeting puppies everyday
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2016
Petsmart is a welcoming environment. Fun meeting puppies and helping pet parents spoil their pets. Being a dog bather is great experience getting to pamper pets for their families.
very causal working environment
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 August 2016
I like their crossing training. Meaning you get trained for almost every aspect that needed in the store.

the great thing about working with PetSmart is that I can help pet parents and their lovely pets.
Pros
friendly co worker
Cons
low pay/minium benefits package
Great place to learn and grow
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON15 August 2016
Excellent training program and benefits. Had a great time. I was able to further my career and move up as the process was defined.
Pros
Great personal and professional development programs
A great placement of work
Professional Bather (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 August 2016
The people are so welcoming, and friendly, makes you feel excited to go to work. I work in the grooming salon and it is like a family in there, everyone gets along so great, there is always laughing. It's a wonderful environment to work in. The hardest part about my job is dealing with some uncooperative dogs, but its also the most enjoyable part of my job. I have learned patience, how to control stress in stressful environments, and how to handle unhappy customers in a professional manner.