PetSmart Employee Reviews

dont do it
Cashier/stock/ pet product associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2016
I loved the customers and helping everyone but management is flawed. apparently they go quantity over quality. the pay rate is super low and you are not treated well
Cons
hours suck
A Part time Job
Stock/Inventory Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
As a full time College student any job that can help provide experience and a friendly environment is always welcome. Its a legitimate corporation that hires the right employees to work for them
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
No background store music making it awkward
Teaching assistant
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2016
It was amazing seeing the students learn the material and helping them along the way. I believed that a student must talk out their questions in order to achieve the answer and which this I saw a large improvement in their grades
Pros
The people
Cons
awesome place for a sales culture
Customer Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
I loved petsmart until they were bought out. It turned into a purely sales environment and became less about the animals and the customers.
Pros
get to play with puppies every day
Cons
high turnover
good company
Presentation Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2016
no comments, don't really want to talk about it. I rather not talk about the companies and I don't think you guys should ask for the reviews
fun place to work
Pet care specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2016
fun place to work, loved working with animals, minimum wage pay, great employees, flexible hours, if working in the petshotel you have to work holidays.
Good
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
This is a good place to work. I love the people i work with. Management is terrible though. They still haven't paid me the first 2 weeks i worked there.
Reason for two star rating.
Professional Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 November 2015
Petsmart is a decent employer, and I was a satisfied employee. The reason for the poor achievement in job security, or advancement is they don't allow for growth internally. Management was replaced frequently in short terms. They do have good branch management, but this location lacked consistency. Therefore, certain management teams were bias.
Pros
Hours, Client loyal.
Cons
Poorly managed.
Well run company but very tightly managed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locations21 January 2016
Well run but no room for interpretation, it is the company way or the highway. Very little feedback from the floor, very top down organization.
Pros
Good pay and bonus for managers
Cons
Long hours are expected, work/life balance is a joke
Not so much fun
None (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2016
No matter how many applications you send, they don't bother calling. Why bother wasting my time and yours. They post so many jobs , for what , obviously they go through a lot of people.
Pros
Cons
Staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 March 2016
PetSmart was an amazing place to work, they understand personal things and give you the time off that you need to deal with those things.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
fun environment to work in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 March 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work. I love seeing all the dogs and other pets come in the store because it always puts a smile on my face.
Pros
seeing dogs everday
very hard job
presentationmanager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 March 2016
good for people that dont want a life outside of work too much multi tasking not enough atention to details a reaily hard place to work
Awesome products, great staff
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham14 October 2015
Worked with fantastic people, management is amazing and will work with you to the best of their abilities. The products are great and you are always being updated on products and receive additional training if needed. You are kept up to date on on-going issues and product incentives so that you are able to help customers in the best way possible.
Pros
Staff, management, store layout
Cons
scheduling conflicts
working around animals and with my coworkers was always fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2015
A typical day at work was always fun as there was always new stories being told by the customers that would come in and there puppies or the animal that they owned i learned alot about the different types of food and nutrients that animals need. My coworkers were always fun to be around they always left there bad mood at the front door and there was always laughter at work.The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and their pets.
Pros
meeting new people and staff
Cons
not having enough staff
My day at Petsmart.
stocker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 September 2015
Unload trucks first thing early in the morning. Then with my team i make a plan on who will work each skid and what time it all needs to be completed by. Management was good, always looked out for us and were always making sure we were working safe and telling us how to interact with customers and make sales. Hardest part of the job is having multiple set goals and having them to complete them while offering customers help in the store. Great team.
Productive workplace and really enjoyed the instore pets along with the walkin pets which made for an energized work enviroment.
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS30 September 2015
Supportive management with positive direction.
Co-workers were very friendly and we all worked with a great team spirit. Constructive feedback was given often which helped me personally grow and develop strong work ethics.
working at petsmart
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough2 September 2015
it was fun to work at petsmart people there are supportive and reliable, they encourage you to do better.
a typical day at work would involve caring for the animals and preparing cages and food/water and clean environment, providing information and educating customers on products and animals.
the hardest part of the job i would say is time management with trying to get your daily duties done and assisting customers at the same time.
the most enjoyable part is knowing you are helping people and give a new animal a good and healthy home
Pros
working with animals
Cons
inconsistant
cashier in a pet store
Cashier / Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2015
Unique. Exciting. Inspiring. Petsmart are packed with compassionate animal lovers.

The Cashier provides tremendous service by perfectly buzzing up purchases and replying phones.

The person must be at ease and particular when running with math and money.

I am confident in proposing other products and services to Pet Parents that will meet their needs I also must guarantee that each one of the customer obtains exceptional service by welcoming and recognizing all customer, upholding dazzling standards, and each and every other aspects of customer service.
Pros
greeting pets all the time
Cons
not challenged
PetSmart Inc. is a retail chain engaged in the sales of speciality pet supplies and services including dog training, grooming, cat and dog boarding an
Accredited Area Pet Trainer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 August 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, the customers are fun and getting to know their pets makes the job a fun one to come to each day. While there is a pattern to the daily work the customers and unexpected make the job anything but boring.
Pros
the great animals and pet parents
Cons
cleaning up pet urine