PetSmart

PetSmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overall great workplace
Early Morning Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Markham OnOctober 8, 2015
Pros: discounts, friends, learning expeirence
Cons: short hours
PetSmart at the time was a great place to work, good work relationships with fellow co-workers, it had a few kinks but other than that it was a fun place to work and always got the job done.
Productive place
Support Manager, Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntAugust 10, 2015
I am currently working as a Pet Care employee where I manage all the animals, their habitats, preparing their meals and selling to customers. I also managed the store and closed cash, filed paperwork, and managed employee tasks and breaks.
Well run company but very tightly managed
Store Manager (Former Employee), Various locationsJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Good pay and bonus for managers
Cons: Long hours are expected, work/life balance is a joke
Well run but no room for interpretation, it is the company way or the highway. Very little feedback from the floor, very top down organization.
Great atmosphere
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: easygoing management
Cons: poor scheduling
Working at Petsmart was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had. Not because of the nature of the work nor the place of work, what made working at Petsmart enjoyable was the people I was working with.
staff was really good, management...not so much
professional bather (Former Employee), Langford, BCJune 14, 2014
Pros: 15% off store merchandise
Cons: treated like a minion. i felt looked down on by management
I really enjoyed my job. loved it actually. when I was with the dogs that is. I did meet some very nice people who feel the same.
Pet trainer
Certified Pet Trainer (Current Employee), MississaugaApril 9, 2013
Cons: not enough hours. no benefits
This is a great part time job as it allows me to be helpful to people and make a positive impact in the lives of our customers and their pets. The people are wonderful and the animals are even better!
Support Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2015
I worked here as a student attending SAIT. PetSmart has been very supportive during my time as a student. My managers were very nice and easy to get along with. I always maintained a good report with all of my managers.
Early stock Associate & Sales Associate
Early Morning Stocker & Sales Associate (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 20, 2015
Well, need to wake up very early in the morning to get to work on time at 5 am. Need to check existing stock and to replace sold goods. Manage time and to complete work. Team work.
The staff was very rude
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2013
A typical day at work was stocking the shelves of pet food and pet care. I learned that no matter how nice can you be to customers they do not always treat you how you wish to be treated. My co-workers were extremely rude
Wonderful place to work!
Pet Products Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 14, 2014
Everything about working at Petsmart is amazing. From the management to the customers, I have nothing bad to say about any of it. Best part of the job is all the animals that you see everyday.
Will never go back this company
PROFESSIONAL PET STYLIST (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 25, 2014
Very bad company, bad management but good co-worker.
I will never go back to this company due to the bad experience. got insulted and discriminated by the manager on my work injury.
Productive and fun place to work in
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
5 stars to PetSmart!
It was a great pleasure working for Proset and PetSmart, merchandising job - greatly assisted my work experiences and took me to the next step in the job market.
petsmart
cashier and general stocks person (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: met new people
Cons: long hours while standing
worked as cashier and shelf stocker. got to meet plenty of nice people. was paid for holidays. hourly wage was 11.00 hourly and was paid weekly
Very intense work with little rest.
Night Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: the dogs are cute
Cons: by yourself and overworked
You go on and clean everything. Takig care of the dogs should be high priority but with all the work it is impossible.
company sucks, have horrible management
Bath & Brusher (Former Employee), london onFebruary 5, 2014
manegment is horrible

job is wonderful, rewarding, fun. but the people you work for can ruin it fast.

bath brush dogs
trim nails
clean bathing area
clean front entrance
Fantastic career advancement oportunities
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton ABOctober 14, 2013
Pros: greeting a variety of pets and pet parents
Fast paced, interaction with all staff and members of management on a daily basis. Time management is a must.
Loved going to work everyday
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: None
It was a pleasure to go to work everyday. Spending time with pets and Pet parents became part of my life that is and always will be a love of my life
Realignment Crew
Realignment Crew (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: lead to me getting on at walmart
Cons: contract position
We remodeled the whole store. Restocked the store and setup new displays for the whole store. Co-workers were great to work with.
Management is the key
Salon Manager, Groomer, Presentation Manager (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABSeptember 13, 2015
This company is great to work for IF you have a good store manager. A bad one kills the entire team and the higher management doesn't seem to see that.
fun and furry
Volunteer (Current Employee), Richmond Hil OntAugust 8, 2013
great place to learn about pets. The cats are cute and cuddly and co-workers are amazing . Hardest part is cleaning the litter box (PU) and the most enjoyable part is appending time with the cats.
Headquarters