PetSmart

PetSmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I love animals
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: smiles all day long
Cons: some customers just don't know what they're talking about sometimes
In the morning I'd clean the adopt-a-pet centre, all the cat cages, litter boxes, etc..
after that I'd stock shelves in aisles with products that were running low.
then I'd go around to the other departments, such as small animals, birds, fish and reptiles, and help with whatever needed to be done.
My co-workers were very easy to get along with and I enjoyed their company.
Love the job
Petcare Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2012
Pros: good benefits, working with animals and customers
Cons: short staffed so you have to do more work, don't get paid enough for the responsibilities (even as a manager)
Love the job but not the upper management. Co-workers were great to work with but sometimes certain managers are not fair and can be rude often. When I first started there it was the best job I have ever had and being promoted 3 times was great, but then my manager went to another store and our store was being run by a manager that does not seem to care about the staff or the animals which is very serious to me!!
BUT, not all stores are like this!!! Petsmart still is a great company to work for but not specific managers.
Fun environment with genuine people who loves pets
SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 11, 2012
I enjoy being among other people who truly loves animals. There are always interesting things going on in the store with a lot of customers and pets.
I am responsible for opening and closing the store a few days a week. This includes making sure the safe is balanced, counting the tills and making deposits, helping out on the floor and take responsibility for customers and associates. During openings I make sure the store is ready for the day, inventory, reports and other things and of course always looking out for the safety and health of our pets in the store.
Customer service is a major part of my job, answering questions and concerns and taking phone calls.
They only care about the money
Bather/Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMarch 15, 2012
Pros: working with dogs.
Cons: management.
The store was full of drama, the management team were picking on their subordinates. Everyday I would come in to find one of the other employees, my friends, upset about the latest attack. The management team would gloat about ganging up on the employees, and prepare attacks for next time.

I was not happy there. I couldn't keep a positive attitude, and it started to show in my work. I couldn't get dogs dry in the allotted time because I was the go-to when anything in the salon needed to be done.
Fun workplace
Bather and Brusher (Current Employee), Woodbridge, OntarioMarch 15, 2012
Pros: a lot can be learned
Cons: no current manager at this time
The work place was fun and busy always been kept on your toes, many skills from grooming dogs to helping customers were learned

About PetSmart

PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified – Read more