PetSmart Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2016
Working at pet smart was a very good expierence, the staff was very nice they showed me the ropes fairly quickly and they made the enviroment very comfortable to be apart of.
Pros
Playing with puppies!
Cons
cleaning up after animals visiting
I really enjoyed working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 June 2016
A typical day for me was working as a cashier, helping to stock shelves and collecting donations for the local SPCA. I learned all my cashiering skills from this job and a lot of my people skills as well. My management was very organized and reliable in terms of giving me hours and my co-workers were easy to get along with. There weren't many hard parts about my job, I struggled at first with cashiering but managed to pick it up easier than I thought I would. I really enjoyed this job, if it weren't for school (I am graduated now) I would still be working there.
Positive atmosphere and people
Cat-Shelter Associate/ Associée (Former Employee) –  Mississauga24 May 2016
-Managers and supervisors go out of their way to make everyone feel at home
-Customers are talkative and respectful
-Store was very clean and
-Co-workers are very helpful
Pros
Regular interaction with animals, very positive atmosphere
Cons
Paperwork
energetic and fast pased
Cashier, Pet Care, Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS16 May 2016
Management definitely needs work, as well as the people they employ. Very drama filled, need to be able to let things slide.
Love It
Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 May 2016
I love working as a PetSmart associate but it is my goal to be able to pay for my own tuition in school and the hours they are providing just aren't practical for me.
Pros
Get to meet many people and animals
Cons
limited hours per week
Great Place to Learn great work experience.
Pet Care Assosiate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 May 2016
Great place to learn work experience, but no room to grow with in the company. The store manager dose not give a great work environment always puts her employees on edge.
Pros
15% off employ discount
Cons
no consistency
Great work place but management sucked
Pet Care Associate,Bather, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 May 2016
Loved working there customers were great for the most part. Petsmart employees actually do care for the animals rather well, better than most other petstores I've seen.
good company
Presentation Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2016
no comments, don't really want to talk about it. I rather not talk about the companies and I don't think you guys should ask for the reviews
Not bad but not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 April 2016
The overall environment was good, past-paced, never without something to do and a lot of opportunities to get ahead. However, the management allowed certain employees to slack and behave completely inappropriately because they hired friends. There was a lot of drama too. A decent place as a whole.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Management, drama
Good
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
This is a good place to work. I love the people i work with. Management is terrible though. They still haven't paid me the first 2 weeks i worked there.
Very fun part time job
Senior Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON24 April 2016
Supervised the day to day operations of the pet hotel. Cared for both dogs and cats staying at the hotel, including feeding, exercising and cleaning them.
fun place to work
Pet care specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2016
fun place to work, loved working with animals, minimum wage pay, great employees, flexible hours, if working in the petshotel you have to work holidays.
Productive a great place to work
early morning stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2016
the typical day working at Petsmart is always something new everyday. I learned how to handle different types of animals and how to count inventory. the location was well managed i would work there again if asked the I worked with were great people and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m) I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all the different customers that came in and helping them out with what they needed.
Pros
discounts on food for pets and grooming
Cons
over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m)
dont do it
Cashier/stock/ pet product associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2016
I loved the customers and helping everyone but management is flawed. apparently they go quantity over quality. the pay rate is super low and you are not treated well
Cons
hours suck
Busy, high traffic workplace, fast day, great people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 April 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work, you're always busy, constantly on the move. Interacting with customers is a must, no matter what part of the store you work in. It's a great environment, as long as you're good with animals and pet parents.
great place to work
Animal care associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2016
had a great time there, wonderful people, wonderful customers , and a very layed back job, the animals are awesome and the staff is one of the most inviting people you will meet , very easy to pick up the jobs there , must be able to multi task
Stay away!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
They treat their employees like dirt. I've watched managers text message each other on the Floor to laugh about an employee. Ive seen management try to sabatoge a person's job because they didn't like them. I've watched managers avoid answering a page because they didn't want to be near the till. I've seen the store manager refuse to meet with customers. This company use to be about pets and owners and now they are all about money. They get the employees to work they're butts off and then give the store manager a bonus because the numbers went up. Oh, but at least the employees get a Care Card for their free can of soda (Really?!). This place is just slowly dying out. No room to grow, no support, horrible training. Bottom line... The place is a joke .
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 March 2016
PetSmart was an amazing place to work, they understand personal things and give you the time off that you need to deal with those things.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Amazing people to work with
Core (Shelf Stocking) and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 March 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work. Just like all other places of work their are those that are fun to work with and others that are not.
Pros
work
Cons
can't get full time unless you are a manager or a groomer
very hard job
presentationmanager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 March 2016
good for people that dont want a life outside of work too much multi tasking not enough atention to details a reaily hard place to work