PetSmart Employee Reviews

Petsmart was a nice place to work until managent started not supporting their staff.
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2017
When I started at petsmart back in 2015 the location I worked at was upbeat and even when we hit hard times there was still the time when we would come out of the not so nice rutt we had fallen into. But once management changed after the first year and a half we began our decent into the same rutt however there was no coming out of the rutt this year and I saw more and more employees leave and complain about how petsmart is not the best place to work than I ever thought possible.
Pros
You got a discount on your purchases
Cons
No support from management, wolves in sheeps clothing, semi rediculous policys, new rules and rediculous write ups, not a clean workplace.
Terrible Management
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 November 2017
7 years ago, when I first started at PetSmart, it was a great place to work. Over the last few years, with all the changes to the company, it has become a nightmare. The management no longer seems to care about employees, and in some cases, even what is best for the animals in our care. All they care about is money, and the environment/ workplace culture definitely reflects that.
Fun job
Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
The team of groomers got along well. The pay is not bad. Commission every dog groomed you get 50%. No real raised, though. Overall this company is good to work.
Great place to work if you love animals
PetCare Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  calgary alberta21 November 2017
great place to work if you love animals! friendly and understanding coworkers. i learnt a lot about customer service and the right way to treat and care for customers.
great place to work
early morning stocker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 November 2017
great place to work, friendly employees,Flexable shifts,
I would work there again, a great company with great moral values, always loved seeing the animals in the morning.
Company prerogatives have negatively changed recently
PetsHotel Manager (Current Employee) –  225 High Tech Rd16 November 2017
Not as pet focused as it used to be, driven strongly by metrics. Some of the upper management is complacent and do not properly uphold policies and procedures. The lack of consistency is confusing for staff.
Pros
Pet friendly environment
Cons
No positive reinforcement for employees
Job Culture is outstanding. Management is the biggest issue.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 November 2017
You walk into work and everyone there is super kindly and have all the same interests. You really get to connect with customers as the job environment is outstanding. Management is just a huge problem. They don't care about job security at PetSmart and good managers tend to get let go while other moody managers come in and bring down the spirit of the team members.
Petsmart, Some really great attitudes
Pet care associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 November 2017
Some of the workers and managers here are amazing but some of the policies are not something that should be in a pet store for the sake of the pet. Some times you have to perform time consuming task while paying attention to all customers.
Pros
Good attitudes
Cons
Sometimes to much responsibilities for 1 person
Petsmart
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 November 2017
One of the best companies I worked for.
Great opportunity
Fair dealing
Love of Pets
Amazing environment

I would recommend this company to anyone.

We have fun while being the best.
Fun place to work, live working with or around animals
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2017
Great place to work. Enjoyed my job there. Managers were ok but very young with not a ton of knowledge. If a Pet smart opened up in my town I would defenetly apply there.
Terrible Management
Petcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2017
The title says it all, they don't care about the animals and focus mainly on profit. They can care less about the staff and only focus on themselves. Management is terrible and incompetent.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Everything else.
was pretty good
stock\ customer service (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON24 October 2017
people are nice and inviting management was similar. customer can get very difficult and information on dog and cat food isn't exactly readily available
Pros
fun work enviornment
Cons
unreliable weekly hours
Great place great people
Pet Care Associate / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 October 2017
great place to work the crew and management are good but if your good at your job they will expect you to work every second you can. in my experience at least. i worked 15hrs 15 days in a row at one point but i volunteered and loved every second of it. i highly recommend this place as an employer they are an amazing company.
great place to work
Cashier / Petcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 October 2017
Love working at petsmart, but the pay is horrible especially for supporting a family.
Management tends to punish people with no hours if you book any days off
great atmosphere, awful management
Petstylist Apprentice/Bather (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 October 2017
working in a grooming salon is the best thing that's ever happened to me, unfortunately the corporate company has given poor management the opportunities for favouritism and there's little room for advancement in a fair workplace.
what can i say... DoGS
Cashier / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
Fun environment for animal lovers, customers not as irritable as most stores. Scheduling is fantastic. No benefits for part timers and must fight your way to become full time, but once you are all is good.
Management is like a dictatorship
Customer Service, and Petcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 September 2017
My manager treated the staff poorly if she didn't get her way. She lied about advancement and only used it as a carrot on a stick to get people to make more sales. My last day was spent having a mental break down trying to transition between two jobs and not make anyone fill my remaining shifts. I liked my Co workers but, the upper management expects too much from a minimum wage worker. They want you to prioritize Petsmart over anything else in life.

The discount is a joke too. Other places give employees 50% off over their 25 or whatever.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management, no steady hours, no advancement
poor
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK28 September 2017
NA.... This is not somewhere I recommend. that is why I am looking to work elsewhere. not a family friendly store. Not for the people. I can not give a good review.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
nice place to take a break
Pet Care/Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  BC27 September 2017
its an okay place for temporary placement, its an easy job, but don't expect too much out of it. Management is nice except the odd manager, otherwise staff is friendly.
alright
Morning Stock (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
usually wake up very early to make it for work generally stock shelves without much instruction which is alright. you learn essentially nothing here. its an alright place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K