PetSmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great people; fun interactions with pets and owners
Senior Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2016
For the most part working at PetSmart is great, lots of great co-workers and if you love animals the culture will satisfy you. Once your part of the benefits program it's really comprehensive and worthwhile.

Sometimes management can be volatile, usually changing and moving around.
Fun Place To Work, So Little Hours
Early morning stocker (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Fun work environment with all the animals
Cons: Needs consistent work schedules
Typical day at work would be 6AM-2:30 Mon-Fri, early morning stocker. Now it's "hey you're coming in on this day and you don't get to say no." I have no hours and they expect you to live off two or one shift a week.
I've learned about different pet products and what's in food, different brand names.
I think management isn't perfect but can definitely be worked on in some areas, for example creating consistent schedules for everyone.
Hardest part of the job is the inconsistent schedule I feel like I'm on call all the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the pet parents and seeing the live animals everyday.
Be yourself environment!!
Professional Pet Stylist (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Actually WANTING to go to work
Cons: Stressful and abused animals come and go
Petsmart; a fun place to work, you never know whats around the corner! You get to see the cute puppies, you have the opportunity to see the newest fashion and apparels; interesting things for your pet . At Petsmart you have the pleasure to learn so much from different peoples and how to communicate with different personalities, how to accomplish new things, and most of all, discover who you really are with the help of your co-workers. Unfortunately, it can be stressful with aggressive dogs or cleaning someones elses mess ( the dogs ) but the most enjoyable part of the job is that people know you love what you do. You can be yourself, have fun , laugh, make silly sounds and guess what? you get paid for it! Seeing the smile of someone walking away from a groom there first visit happy and cheerful, is priceless..
P-------
Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I enjoy my day at P-------. My day starts by doing some paper work that includes things like negative inventory, things to be written off or returned. I then assign tasks to other associates to do daily opening tasks like feeding the animals and sweeping. I then would count tills and the cash float and then open the tills so that they are ready for when the store opens. I have a very good relationship with my fellow co-workers. We all work together as a team and always know how to get things done while having a good time. The most enjoyable part of petsmart is when customers come in with their dogs and puppies looking to get something new. The dogs are always so joyful. The hardest part of being a supervisor at petsmart is having to deal with unsatisfied customers. Although, over time I have learned how to find a happy medium with the customer with both parties leaving the conversation happy and content.
Well run company but very tightly managed
Store Manager (Former Employee), Various locationsJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Good pay and bonus for managers
Cons: Long hours are expected, work/life balance is a joke
Well run but no room for interpretation, it is the company way or the highway. Very little feedback from the floor, very top down organization.
Reasons why Petsmart is an OK job.
Jack of all Trades (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Pros: Meeting other animals enthusiats
Cons: Little hours and little pay.
Typically you'll be understaffed in most departments.I've learned a lot about animals, mostly aquatics. Most of my co-workers are in high school and don't really care about the quality of work they preform. The hardest part of my job is seeing animals viewed more as a purchasable commodity then a living creature that deserves respect. That being the main reason I don't like working there.
Fun workplace
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoy going into work because i get to interact with both pets and pet parents (as we call them). The co workers are great and makes working enjoyable.
Reason for two star rating.
Professional Pet Stylist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Hours, Client loyal.
Cons: Poorly managed.
Petsmart is a decent employer, and I was a satisfied employee. The reason for the poor achievement in job security, or advancement is they don't allow for growth internally. Management was replaced frequently in short terms. They do have good branch management, but this location lacked consistency. Therefore, certain management teams were bias.
petsmart
cashier and general stocks person (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: met new people
Cons: long hours while standing
worked as cashier and shelf stocker. got to meet plenty of nice people. was paid for holidays. hourly wage was 11.00 hourly and was paid weekly
Awesome products, great staff
Associate (Former Employee), ChathamOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Staff, management, store layout
Cons: scheduling conflicts
Worked with fantastic people, management is amazing and will work with you to the best of their abilities. The products are great and you are always being updated on products and receive additional training if needed. You are kept up to date on on-going issues and product incentives so that you are able to help customers in the best way possible.
working around animals and with my coworkers was always fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and staff
Cons: not having enough staff
A typical day at work was always fun as there was always new stories being told by the customers that would come in and there puppies or the animal that they owned i learned alot about the different types of food and nutrients that animals need. My coworkers were always fun to be around they always left there bad mood at the front door and there was always laughter at work.The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and their pets.
overall great workplace
Early Morning Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Markham OnOctober 8, 2015
Pros: discounts, friends, learning expeirence
Cons: short hours
PetSmart at the time was a great place to work, good work relationships with fellow co-workers, it had a few kinks but other than that it was a fun place to work and always got the job done.
Productive workplace and really enjoyed the instore pets along with the walkin pets which made for an energized work enviroment.
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bedford, NSSeptember 30, 2015
Supportive management with positive direction.
Co-workers were very friendly and we all worked with a great team spirit. Constructive feedback was given often which helped me personally grow and develop strong work ethics.
Management is the key
Salon Manager, Groomer, Presentation Manager (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABSeptember 13, 2015
This company is great to work for IF you have a good store manager. A bad one kills the entire team and the higher management doesn't seem to see that.
My day at Petsmart.
stocker (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Unload trucks first thing early in the morning. Then with my team i make a plan on who will work each skid and what time it all needs to be completed by. Management was good, always looked out for us and were always making sure we were working safe and telling us how to interact with customers and make sales. Hardest part of the job is having multiple set goals and having them to complete them while offering customers help in the store. Great team.
working at petsmart
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee), ScarboroughSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: working with animals
Cons: inconsistant
it was fun to work at petsmart people there are supportive and reliable, they encourage you to do better.
a typical day at work would involve caring for the animals and preparing cages and food/water and clean environment, providing information and educating customers on products and animals.
the hardest part of the job i would say is time management with trying to get your daily duties done and assisting customers at the same time.
the most enjoyable part is knowing you are helping people and give a new animal a good and healthy home
PetSmart Inc. is a retail chain engaged in the sales of speciality pet supplies and services including dog training, grooming, cat and dog boarding an
Accredited Area Pet Trainer (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCAugust 22, 2015
Pros: the great animals and pet parents
Cons: cleaning up pet urine
I enjoyed working for this company, the customers are fun and getting to know their pets makes the job a fun one to come to each day. While there is a pattern to the daily work the customers and unexpected make the job anything but boring.
cashier in a pet store
Cashier / Front End Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: greeting pets all the time
Cons: not challenged
Unique. Exciting. Inspiring. Petsmart are packed with compassionate animal lovers.

The Cashier provides tremendous service by perfectly buzzing up purchases and replying phones.

The person must be at ease and particular when running with math and money.

I am confident in proposing other products and services to Pet Parents that will meet their needs I also must guarantee that each one of the customer obtains exceptional service by welcoming and recognizing all customer, upholding dazzling standards, and each and every other aspects of customer service.
Productive place
Support Manager, Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntAugust 10, 2015
I am currently working as a Pet Care employee where I manage all the animals, their habitats, preparing their meals and selling to customers. I also managed the store and closed cash, filed paperwork, and managed employee tasks and breaks.
corporate company through and through
Dog Groomer (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABAugust 10, 2015
Pros: good benifets
Cons: Very high turn over rate
I learned a lot working with petsmart. But the overall culture is'nt very professional. Management training is very good at all. I worked for the company for 4 1/2 years and as soon as i made some mistakes they fired me,
Headquarters