PetSmart

PetSmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
pet care
Pet Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), edmonton abFebruary 28, 2015
my typical day was working with and cleaning the animals habitats, had to be knowledgeable about what that animal requires to strive
great place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), london onFebruary 16, 2015
Loved my job, miss it every day. amazing staff and hilarious customers, always something to do and just a great place overall
was okay
CASHIER (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 9, 2015
days at work were long, co-workers were amazing, manager was horrible, hardest part of the job is when there were no customers.
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Learn new things every day, happy to see customers come in with their pets and leave satisfied.Employers always knew the regular customers and exactly what they want
An entertaining and rewarding experience with great staff and opportunity
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great staff, friendly management, great pay, flexible hours
Cons: short lunch breaks
I held this job for about 2 months while I studying abroad in Canada. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did, and it was unfortunate that I had to leave as soon as I did due to personal reasons. I loved being able to share my pet knowledge with customers, and often times it made people very happy that I took a little extra time to explain to them the differences between certain products. I really enjoyed the staff, as they made it very easy to learn on the job. A typical day included:

Counting register
Handling cash
Handling returns and exchanges
Promoting Pet Perks rewards card
Lifting objects of at least 25 pounds
Stocking shelves
Facing merchandise
Displaying products in a creative/fun manner
Emptying trash
was a great place to work
Store Manager / Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 27, 2015
PetSmart was a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and our customers. Being able to educate our pet parents and staff to ensure that the pets in their care will be able to live a long and happy life. PetSmart provides products and services.
Productive and fun place to work in
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
5 stars to PetSmart!
It was a great pleasure working for Proset and PetSmart, merchandising job - greatly assisted my work experiences and took me to the next step in the job market.
Early morning stock, interactive employees.
Support staff (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Typical days at petsmart is unload skids, stocks shelves, and repack skids, help customers, help pet parents.
Worst experience ever
bather (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 16, 2014
Cons: everythibg
I worked there for 2 months in the grooming salon as a bather. The girls I worked with we're absolutely horrible. They made up lies about me to management to try and get me fired saying I was taking four to five breaks a day when I was barely getting one because I was so over scheduled. I had Absolutely no training and when I had a difficult dog the manager would just stand and stare at me as though I was incompetent! She even told me that she was upset she had to close with me because she hated me. How nice of her!
They are cruel to the animals they yell at the call them names and are extremely rough with them
I couldn't take it anymore
A living nightmare
Groomer (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 18, 2014
To be honest i would not have given this place any stars. It was an awful experience from start to end. Here are some of the things i endured and observed whilst working here, bullying, drug and alcohol use, small animals left to die, management constantly breaking the rules, little to no support from management, very high staff turnover. I guess thats why they pay minimum wage.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Oshawa OntarioNovember 7, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent customer service model. Fast growing.
Just a real mess
Salon Bather, Cashier, Pet Care (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: 15% discount
Cons: no training, due to no one knowing what they're doing
Policies and Procedures are continually preached at you, however, rarely adhered to. Qualified employees are given menial tasks, while inexperienced people are promoted. The only time any work gets done, and the store looks presentable is when the District Manager comes for a visit. Animals aren't looked after, and fish and reptiles are continually sick or dying due to new employees being put into Pet Care with no experience and/or training whatsoever. Store is under-stocked and filthy. Sales are the primary focus, not the animals. Employee turn-around is incredible, and no one seems to stay employed there for long.
Excellent place for a summer job.
Pet Products Associate (Current Employee), Store 1403November 3, 2014
Pros: flexible availability, easy work, educational.
Cons: scheduling, low paying, unrewarding.
While nothing about working at Petsmart could really be called difficult. That said job satisfaction will vary widely depending on management and unless you are in management you will not receive enough pay to accomplish anything above subsistence living. The opportunity to help customers find solutions to pet problems is an enjoyable and satisfying experience but is often overshadowed but the very limited time there is to speak with an individual customer.
Wonderful place to work!
Pet Products Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 14, 2014
Everything about working at Petsmart is amazing. From the management to the customers, I have nothing bad to say about any of it. Best part of the job is all the animals that you see everyday.
Realignment Crew
Realignment Crew (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: lead to me getting on at walmart
Cons: contract position
We remodeled the whole store. Restocked the store and setup new displays for the whole store. Co-workers were great to work with.
Very intense work with little rest.
Night Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: the dogs are cute
Cons: by yourself and overworked
You go on and clean everything. Takig care of the dogs should be high priority but with all the work it is impossible.
I truely loved and blieved in the company's mission statement. There were several aspects of the postion I enjoyed and did make a lot of friends.
Lead Core/Shipment Receiver (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 15, 2014
The day would usually start very early as stock work would have to be completed before the store opened to the public. The skills I acquired from this position would be employed as I would stage the store with overstock pallets to be worked with the walk-behind forklift. I would then lead my team to work the pallets by accurately stocking the product on store shelves using sku numbers. I was also responsible for receiving and processing new shipments in a similar manner.
More words but less action.
Pet Products Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: you are on your own and can be kicked out any time if your voice your concerns.
An excellent work place will be a place where u feel at home and work with people who love your presence. But the structure of a firm where your voice is not heard, no love and communication exists, there is no motivation to work and no free growth as expressed by the firm, such establishment is not the perfect working environment.
Co-workers do not understand and speak with each other, the management act as dictators while what is promised is not offered such as possibility of growth. The hardest part of the job is performing your task and that of others but yet, still being criticized and unappreciated.
It was a fabulous place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2014
A typical day at work involved working with the public at the cash register, stocking shelves, and cleaning. I learned more information on dealing with animals and handling of dangerous chemicals. Management was pleasant, professional, and always ready help in any way they could. Co-workers were also well trained, pleasant, professional. The hardest part of my job was the high turn-over in part-time staff. It seemed as though I would just get to know them and then they were off to a higher paying job. My absolutely favorite part of the job was working with people and animals.
A fun job that always kept you busy
Pet Product Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: always something to do, great people to work with
Cons: not being able to please everyone
My day of work would usually consist of stocking the shelves, make sure anything that wasn't on the shelves got stocked if we had it in stock. Helped the customers find what they needed and if they needed help carrying the time out would do that for them. The days were hard working, but my co-workers made it a fun time to be at work. Management was always busy dealing with orders coming in, but would also help us out if we needed it. Did their best to make sure we had what we needed to make the store run as smoothly as possible. Hardest part of the job would be when we didn't have what people wanted and not being able to satisfy their needs

1 2 3 4

About PetSmart

PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified – Read more