PetSmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good company
Presentation Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 5, 2016
no comments, don't really want to talk about it. I rather not talk about the companies and I don't think you guys should ask for the reviews
Not bad but not great
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Helping customers
Cons: Management, drama
The overall environment was good, past-paced, never without something to do and a lot of opportunities to get ahead. However, the management allowed certain employees to slack and behave completely inappropriately because they hired friends. There was a lot of drama too. A decent place as a whole.
Good
Pet Stylist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
This is a good place to work. I love the people i work with. Management is terrible though. They still haven't paid me the first 2 weeks i worked there.
Very fun part time job
Senior Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 24, 2016
Supervised the day to day operations of the pet hotel. Cared for both dogs and cats staying at the hotel, including feeding, exercising and cleaning them.
fun place to work
Pet care specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 19, 2016
fun place to work, loved working with animals, minimum wage pay, great employees, flexible hours, if working in the petshotel you have to work holidays.
Productive a great place to work
early morning stock (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Pros: discounts on food for pets and grooming
Cons: over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m)
the typical day working at Petsmart is always something new everyday. I learned how to handle different types of animals and how to count inventory. the location was well managed i would work there again if asked the I worked with were great people and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m) I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all the different customers that came in and helping them out with what they needed.
dont do it
Cashier/stock/ pet product associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2016
Cons: hours suck
I loved the customers and helping everyone but management is flawed. apparently they go quantity over quality. the pay rate is super low and you are not treated well
Busy, high traffic workplace, fast day, great people.
Cashier (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 9, 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work, you're always busy, constantly on the move. Interacting with customers is a must, no matter what part of the store you work in. It's a great environment, as long as you're good with animals and pet parents.
great place to work
Animal care associate (Current Employee), London, ONApril 4, 2016
had a great time there, wonderful people, wonderful customers , and a very layed back job, the animals are awesome and the staff is one of the most inviting people you will meet , very easy to pick up the jobs there , must be able to multi task
Stay away!
Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: To many to mention
They treat their employees like dirt. I've watched managers text message each other on the Floor to laugh about an employee. Ive seen management try to sabatoge a person's job because they didn't like them. I've watched managers avoid answering a page because they didn't want to be near the till. I've seen the store manager refuse to meet with customers. This company use to be about pets and owners and now they are all about money. They get the employees to work they're butts off and then give the store manager a bonus because the numbers went up. Oh, but at least the employees get a Care Card for their free can of soda (Really?!). This place is just slowly dying out. No room to grow, no support, horrible training. Bottom line... The place is a joke .
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 28, 2016
Pros: staff
Cons: hours
PetSmart was an amazing place to work, they understand personal things and give you the time off that you need to deal with those things.
Amazing people to work with
Core (Shelf Stocking) and Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 24, 2016
Pros: work
Cons: can't get full time unless you are a manager or a groomer
PetSmart is a great place to work. Just like all other places of work their are those that are fun to work with and others that are not.
very hard job
presentationmanager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 23, 2016
good for people that dont want a life outside of work too much multi tasking not enough atention to details a reaily hard place to work
Management is the only decent thing about this job.
Groomer Trainee/Professional Bather (Current Employee), CanadaMarch 18, 2016
I work in the grooming salon, and a couple months into the job someone is trying to get me fired by giving customers false information and deleting appointments from the system, and claiming to be me. Because of this, the salon manager is treating me like garbage and never even confronted me directly about this. Instead I found out about this from a couple of the groomers that just happened to be in that day. Nothing but drama and you get payed the same as a cashier even though you're doing twice as much work and dealing with live animals. Also discussed the minimum amount of hours I need to work a week (20-25 hours) because I'm living off of this money and 2 months into the job and my hours have been reduced to 15 hours a week. Most of management is nice and do whatever they can to make everyone comfortable and happy but they are only capable of doing so much. I honestly hate going to work, the atmosphere is very uncomfortable in the salon. If one person is having a bad day, especially the salon manager, it affects everyone's day. My suggestion is if you're thinking about becoming a groomer, don't do it through PetSmart. They claim you only need to be a trainee for a few months before you get sent to the academy but there are bathers that have been working the same position for over a year now and are absolutely miserable.
fun environment to work in
Cashier (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 18, 2016
Pros: seeing dogs everday
PetSmart is a great place to work. I love seeing all the dogs and other pets come in the store because it always puts a smile on my face.
awesome place for a sales culture
Customer Engagement Leader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Pros: get to play with puppies every day
Cons: high turnover
I loved petsmart until they were bought out. It turned into a purely sales environment and became less about the animals and the customers.
Terrible company. Slave drivers
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Not much
Cons: bad pay, over worked, no benefits, no breaks, rude management, terrible company
As a vet tech for 10 years, I was beyond disgusted over the care given to animals in their store. We had yellow fungus outbreaks on bearded dragons, the stores policy for keeping it from spreading was pitiful and not trained to staff. We had goldfish feeders that were dropping by the minute on the floor but the manager tried to say that it was NORMAL.. one morning there was 112 feeders dead. Explain that to customers!

Seriously... just stay away. They pay under minimum wage. The hours are terrible. They don't care about their employees or the animals. This is your warning!!
Amazing team and company to work for.
dog bather (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 15, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enoughpay
Wonderful company who care about the well being of not only the customers but the staff as well. I learnt how to bath a dog and do general grooming of dogs. Co-worker are friendly and very willing to teach you how to do things. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system and all the prices for different dogs. I enjoy everything about this job.
Respectful, comfortable, fun workplace
Merchandise & Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 9, 2016
Always something new and fun going on in store, lots of new challenges to grow as an individual, helpful staff, new products and services to learn about, great management team, love to work so closely with different animals, committed workplace, team players.
Not so much fun
None (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Staff
No matter how many applications you send, they don't bother calling. Why bother wasting my time and yours. They post so many jobs , for what , obviously they go through a lot of people.
Headquarters