PetSmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Positive atmosphere and people
Cat-Shelter Associate/ Associée (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 24, 2016
-Managers and supervisors go out of their way to make everyone feel at home
-Customers are talkative and respectful
-Store was very clean and
-Co-workers are very helpful
Pros
Regular interaction with animals, very positive atmosphere
Cons
Paperwork
Fantastic people and a more positive environment!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 19, 2016
Management has changed in this store and the overall feel is completely different. Great team members and they genuinely care about their staff and the animals in their care! I love seeing regular pet parents come in and we get to watch their puppies grow up! Very busy and always something to do! Lots of opportunities to move within the company and management is very supportive of their staff! I love this place and the people that work there!
Pros
Great benefits, good staff and excellent support!
Cons
Work/life balance and hours allotted to store for scheduling are lean
energetic and fast pased
Cashier, Pet Care, Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NSMay 16, 2016
Management definitely needs work, as well as the people they employ. Very drama filled, need to be able to let things slide.
Love It
Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 9, 2016
I love working as a PetSmart associate but it is my goal to be able to pay for my own tuition in school and the hours they are providing just aren't practical for me.
Pros
Get to meet many people and animals
Cons
limited hours per week
Great Place to Learn great work experience.
Pet Care Assosiate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 7, 2016
Great place to learn work experience, but no room to grow with in the company. The store manager dose not give a great work environment always puts her employees on edge.
Pros
15% off employ discount
Cons
no consistency
Great work place but management sucked
Pet Care Associate,Bather, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 6, 2016
Loved working there customers were great for the most part. Petsmart employees actually do care for the animals rather well, better than most other petstores I've seen.
good company
Presentation Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 5, 2016
no comments, don't really want to talk about it. I rather not talk about the companies and I don't think you guys should ask for the reviews
Not bad but not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 28, 2016
The overall environment was good, past-paced, never without something to do and a lot of opportunities to get ahead. However, the management allowed certain employees to slack and behave completely inappropriately because they hired friends. There was a lot of drama too. A decent place as a whole.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Management, drama
Good
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
This is a good place to work. I love the people i work with. Management is terrible though. They still haven't paid me the first 2 weeks i worked there.
Very fun part time job
Senior Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 24, 2016
Supervised the day to day operations of the pet hotel. Cared for both dogs and cats staying at the hotel, including feeding, exercising and cleaning them.
fun place to work
Pet care specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 19, 2016
fun place to work, loved working with animals, minimum wage pay, great employees, flexible hours, if working in the petshotel you have to work holidays.
Productive a great place to work
early morning stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
the typical day working at Petsmart is always something new everyday. I learned how to handle different types of animals and how to count inventory. the location was well managed i would work there again if asked the I worked with were great people and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m) I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all the different customers that came in and helping them out with what they needed.
Pros
discounts on food for pets and grooming
Cons
over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m)
dont do it
Cashier/stock/ pet product associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2016
I loved the customers and helping everyone but management is flawed. apparently they go quantity over quality. the pay rate is super low and you are not treated well
Cons
hours suck
Busy, high traffic workplace, fast day, great people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 9, 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work, you're always busy, constantly on the move. Interacting with customers is a must, no matter what part of the store you work in. It's a great environment, as long as you're good with animals and pet parents.
great place to work
Animal care associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 4, 2016
had a great time there, wonderful people, wonderful customers , and a very layed back job, the animals are awesome and the staff is one of the most inviting people you will meet , very easy to pick up the jobs there , must be able to multi task
Stay away!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
They treat their employees like dirt. I've watched managers text message each other on the Floor to laugh about an employee. Ive seen management try to sabatoge a person's job because they didn't like them. I've watched managers avoid answering a page because they didn't want to be near the till. I've seen the store manager refuse to meet with customers. This company use to be about pets and owners and now they are all about money. They get the employees to work they're butts off and then give the store manager a bonus because the numbers went up. Oh, but at least the employees get a Care Card for their free can of soda (Really?!). This place is just slowly dying out. No room to grow, no support, horrible training. Bottom line... The place is a joke .
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 28, 2016
PetSmart was an amazing place to work, they understand personal things and give you the time off that you need to deal with those things.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Amazing people to work with
Core (Shelf Stocking) and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 24, 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work. Just like all other places of work their are those that are fun to work with and others that are not.
Pros
work
Cons
can't get full time unless you are a manager or a groomer
very hard job
presentationmanager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 23, 2016
good for people that dont want a life outside of work too much multi tasking not enough atention to details a reaily hard place to work
Management is the only decent thing about this job.
Groomer Trainee/Professional Bather (Current Employee) –  CanadaMarch 18, 2016
I work in the grooming salon, and a couple months into the job someone is trying to get me fired by giving customers false information and deleting appointments from the system, and claiming to be me. Because of this, the salon manager is treating me like garbage and never even confronted me directly about this. Instead I found out about this from a couple of the groomers that just happened to be in that day. Nothing but drama and you get payed the same as a cashier even though you're doing twice as much work and dealing with live animals. Also discussed the minimum amount of hours I need to work a week (20-25 hours) because I'm living off of this money and 2 months into the job and my hours have been reduced to 15 hours a week. Most of management is nice and do whatever they can to make everyone comfortable and happy but they are only capable of doing so much. I honestly hate going to work, the atmosphere is very uncomfortable in the salon. If one person is having a bad day, especially the salon manager, it affects everyone's day. My suggestion is if you're thinking about becoming a groomer, don't do it through PetSmart. They claim you only need to be a trainee for a few months before you get sent to the academy but there are bathers that have been working the same position for over a year now and are absolutely miserable.