PetSmart
1,236 reviews

PetSmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun job that always kept you busy
Pet Product Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: always something to do, great people to work with
Cons: not being able to please everyone
My day of work would usually consist of stocking the shelves, make sure anything that wasn't on the shelves got stocked if we had it in stock. Helped the customers find what they needed and if they needed help carrying the time out would do that for them. The days were hard working, but my co-workers made it a fun time to be at work. Management was – more... always busy dealing with orders coming in, but would also help us out if we needed it. Did their best to make sure we had what we needed to make the store run as smoothly as possible. Hardest part of the job would be when we didn't have what people wanted and not being able to satisfy their needs – less
Excellent sales co workers, terrible management
sales associate (Former Employee), sherwood parkJuly 20, 2014
Pros: excellent sales co workers, accomidating hours
Cons: poor management, high turnover, low pay
The management at this store was terrible. There was an extreme lack of leadership and ability to relate to employees. Performance reviews never happened so there was little to no feedback. Many managers didn't care what employees thought. Turnover of staff was extremely high.
Overall great experience
Lead hand for receiving/stock (Current Employee), BrantfordJuly 14, 2014
Pros: animals
Cons: hours
My overall experience within PetSmart has enhanced my customer service experience, as well as team management.
staff was really good, management...not so much
professional bather (Former Employee), Langford, BCJune 14, 2014
Pros: 15% off store merchandise
Cons: treated like a minion. i felt looked down on by management
I really enjoyed my job. loved it actually. when I was with the dogs that is. I did meet some very nice people who feel the same.
Overall, nice place to work
Pet Care Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits, learning new things, lots of cool animals
Cons: poor scheduling choices, poor overall management
If you love working with critters then this is a great place.
You'll always be learning something new, from your coworkers AND customers.
The only problem is some of the new management, and the poor scheduling choices of associates.
Passion
Professional dog groomer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: working with animals
Cons: management team
I have a passion for animals, so the position was perfect for me. The hours and pay/benefits were excellent. Some inexperienced co-workers.
Very fun and fast paced environment. No two days are ever the same
Cashier/Salon/Pet Care/Customer Service associate, (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 1, 2014
Pros: cute animals every day
Cons: sometimes strenuous activity
I don't have a typical day at work because I've had the opportunity to work in multiple departments including the grooming salon, at the cash register, in pet care and in customer service. I get to work with both animals and people and I have fun every time I clock in for my shift.

The hardest part of my job is when I cannot help a customer (or pet) – more... with problems they face, health or otherwise. I love making relationships and connections with people and I dislike when I cannot fulfill their needs.

In terms of staff, I work with a group of friendly, knowledge people including managers and other associates. The environment allowed for free communication between all the staff and problems were generally addressed quickly. – less
Will never go back this company
PROFESSIONAL PET STYLIST (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 25, 2014
Very bad company, bad management but good co-worker.
I will never go back to this company due to the bad experience. got insulted and discriminated by the manager on my work injury.
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 12, 2014
If you love animals, I can't imagine a better place to work. Fun, clean environment with opportunities for internal advancement.
As a Stock Associate
Stock Person (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 30, 2014
The job is quite fun and active, always something to do, never a dull moment. The management is terrible though.
You are better than PetSmart
Groomer (Former Employee), HamiltonApril 17, 2014
Pros: meeting some cute dogs
Cons: no breaks, horrible pay, health problems, horrible staff
Grooming salon is busy, the girls are gossipers so know you will always be talked about. You get paid minimum wage for getting bit, hurting your back and getting wrist problems. You are expected to work every weekend and also expected to handle dogs that bit you. If you have a soul, dont work here or you will loose it.
Great atmosphere
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: easygoing management
Cons: poor scheduling
Working at Petsmart was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had. Not because of the nature of the work nor the place of work, what made working at Petsmart enjoyable was the people I was working with.
It is a great place to work but inconsistent hours
Lead Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: lots of rewards for good work
Cons: short hours such as 3 hour shifts
It is a fun place to work as you meet lots of interesting people and their pets. I have learned a lot about different types of food available to pet parents. I can do numerous jobs there such as cashier, planograms, stock , pricing and out of date. The hardest part of this job is the way they do scheduling.
Fun job
Pets hotel pet care specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 12, 2014
It was a fun work environment with the dogs. I loved coming into work as I could work with the animals and enjoy my days.
Love the Environment
Customer Service Specialist / Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: position advancement, flexable hours, great co-workers
Cons: slow management process
Working for PetSmart has its perks, being around animals and making sure that all pet parents have the best possible nutritional value for their pet, regardless of what kind. Customer service would help with customer feel like they can trust employees in regards to their animals .
PetStore - retail, Dog grooming, Dog Traing and PetsHotel
Store Director (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: the animals and the customers. staff training.
PetSmart is a very busy and lively retail environment which allows people to bring their pets into the store. There are several different aspects to this company from Dog training to Grooming and the PetsHotel. All of the PetSmart associates and managers have a great love for animals which in turn creates a very happy, positive work environment. This – more... is a great option for students who love animals to seek employment. There is much room for advancement for individuals looking to stay within the retail and PetCare environment. – less
company sucks, have horrible management
Bath & Brusher (Former Employee), london onFebruary 5, 2014
manegment is horrible

job is wonderful, rewarding, fun. but the people you work for can ruin it fast.

bath brush dogs
trim nails
clean bathing area
clean front entrance
Great workplace with amazing envrionment
Pet care (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 2, 2014
There was bad management however, it was a great environment. The coworkers were great and taking care of the animals was enjoyable.
Busy and dynamic work place, very lots of varity
Dog Groomer (Current Employee), Duncan, BCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: physical position woriking the animals
Cons: shift work that changed weekly
A typical work day within the salon, started with checking that all equipment is in good working order and that all the supplies necessary to complete each appointment were available. It is also important review the appointment schedule to make sure each dog has the appropraite time and stuff member. Throughtout the day I would be dealing with checking – more... in appointments, insuring I understood what was required from both Pet Parent and dog. Completing the groom, taking into consideration, the needs of the dog, health and safety requirements and the needs of the owner. I would also book in apppointments over the phone and in person. Answering customers questions in regards to brushes, nail trimmer and clipper was also an important part of my possistion. It was necessary to establish a good working relationship with all team members to ensure that the levels of stress were keep to a minimum, the atmosphere is the salon has a direct effect on the behavour and welbeing of the dogs. The most challenging part of the role is balancing all the demards and interuptions and completing the groom within the agreed time. Meeting a well loved and behaved dog that belonged to a caring owner was the highlight of the day. – less
Good starter job for young adults
Pet care/ Sales (Former Employee), Clareiview LocationJanuary 11, 2014
Typical day involved taken care of the animals both the healthy and the sick.
Helping customers find the animal that they want and showing them the proper way to take care of them.
Got along with most co-workers. Management was great at the time when I worked there. (No longer there)

1 2 3 4 5

About PetSmart

PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified – Read more