PetSmart Employee Review

It's in the management
Assistant Store Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CA27 July 2013
Petsmart is a great company to work for. They really CARE about their associates and managers. At times it can be stressful but not all the time. It really makes a difference who your store manager is. I have worked for 3 different store managers and 2 out of the 3 were awesome. The third store manager was not a very good store manager. He was lazy and never kept his word. He would lie to you and always pawned his duties off to us. Overall I loved working for Petsmart. I just think they should really look at who is in management. I also feel like the DM should reach out to the other managers in the store to see how that particular store manager is performing. It's not always by the numbers.
Pros
Working with animals, Helping Pet Parents, Bonus' if you have a nice running store, Most of the management, Atmosphere
Cons
Don't always get a lunch, Support from store mangement- Depends on what store your at, There are not many cons.

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

Petsmart was a nice place to work until managent started not supporting their staff.
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2017
When I started at petsmart back in 2015 the location I worked at was upbeat and even when we hit hard times there was still the time when we would come out of the not so nice rutt we had fallen into. But once management changed after the first year and a half we began our decent into the same rutt however there was no coming out of the rutt this year and I saw more and more employees leave and complain about how petsmart is not the best place to work than I ever thought possible.
Pros
You got a discount on your purchases
Cons
No support from management, wolves in sheeps clothing, semi rediculous policys, new rules and rediculous write ups, not a clean workplace.
Terrible Management
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 November 2017
7 years ago, when I first started at PetSmart, it was a great place to work. Over the last few years, with all the changes to the company, it has become a nightmare. The management no longer seems to care about employees, and in some cases, even what is best for the animals in our care. All they care about is money, and the environment/ workplace culture definitely reflects that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.