PetSmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive day helping kittens find families
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 26, 2016
Typical day volunteering includes feeding the kittens, playing with them and ensuring they have a clean cage. Providing any information future owners may have regarding the animals. Also, filling out any paperwork involving adoptions.
Good place to work if animals are your #1
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 21, 2016
I really loved working here as caring for animals and helping customers make the best decisions for their pets was my #1. Every day was a fun day between catching fish and having laughs to making sure the customers knew the right product for there specified pet.
Hard work, good people
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
Working with people who are passionate about their trade is a wonderful experience. Be prepared for long hours and lots of bits of knowledge
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 8, 2016
Working at pet smart was a very good expierence, the staff was very nice they showed me the ropes fairly quickly and they made the enviroment very comfortable to be apart of.
Pros
Playing with puppies!
Cons
cleaning up after animals visiting
I really enjoyed working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 8, 2016
A typical day for me was working as a cashier, helping to stock shelves and collecting donations for the local SPCA. I learned all my cashiering skills from this job and a lot of my people skills as well. My management was very organized and reliable in terms of giving me hours and my co-workers were easy to get along with. There weren't many hard parts about my job, I struggled at first with cashiering but managed to pick it up easier than I thought I would. I really enjoyed this job, if it weren't for school (I am graduated now) I would still be working there.
Positive atmosphere and people
Cat-Shelter Associate/ Associée (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 24, 2016
-Managers and supervisors go out of their way to make everyone feel at home
-Customers are talkative and respectful
-Store was very clean and
-Co-workers are very helpful
Pros
Regular interaction with animals, very positive atmosphere
Cons
Paperwork
Fantastic people and a more positive environment!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 19, 2016
Management has changed in this store and the overall feel is completely different. Great team members and they genuinely care about their staff and the animals in their care! I love seeing regular pet parents come in and we get to watch their puppies grow up! Very busy and always something to do! Lots of opportunities to move within the company and management is very supportive of their staff! I love this place and the people that work there!
Pros
Great benefits, good staff and excellent support!
Cons
Work/life balance and hours allotted to store for scheduling are lean
energetic and fast pased
Cashier, Pet Care, Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NSMay 16, 2016
Management definitely needs work, as well as the people they employ. Very drama filled, need to be able to let things slide.
Love It
Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 9, 2016
I love working as a PetSmart associate but it is my goal to be able to pay for my own tuition in school and the hours they are providing just aren't practical for me.
Pros
Get to meet many people and animals
Cons
limited hours per week
Great Place to Learn great work experience.
Pet Care Assosiate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 7, 2016
Great place to learn work experience, but no room to grow with in the company. The store manager dose not give a great work environment always puts her employees on edge.
Pros
15% off employ discount
Cons
no consistency
Great work place but management sucked
Pet Care Associate,Bather, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 6, 2016
Loved working there customers were great for the most part. Petsmart employees actually do care for the animals rather well, better than most other petstores I've seen.
good company
Presentation Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 5, 2016
no comments, don't really want to talk about it. I rather not talk about the companies and I don't think you guys should ask for the reviews
Not bad but not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 28, 2016
The overall environment was good, past-paced, never without something to do and a lot of opportunities to get ahead. However, the management allowed certain employees to slack and behave completely inappropriately because they hired friends. There was a lot of drama too. A decent place as a whole.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Management, drama
Good
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
This is a good place to work. I love the people i work with. Management is terrible though. They still haven't paid me the first 2 weeks i worked there.
Very fun part time job
Senior Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 24, 2016
Supervised the day to day operations of the pet hotel. Cared for both dogs and cats staying at the hotel, including feeding, exercising and cleaning them.
fun place to work
Pet care specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 19, 2016
fun place to work, loved working with animals, minimum wage pay, great employees, flexible hours, if working in the petshotel you have to work holidays.
Productive a great place to work
early morning stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
the typical day working at Petsmart is always something new everyday. I learned how to handle different types of animals and how to count inventory. the location was well managed i would work there again if asked the I worked with were great people and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m) I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all the different customers that came in and helping them out with what they needed.
Pros
discounts on food for pets and grooming
Cons
over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m)
dont do it
Cashier/stock/ pet product associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2016
I loved the customers and helping everyone but management is flawed. apparently they go quantity over quality. the pay rate is super low and you are not treated well
Cons
hours suck
Busy, high traffic workplace, fast day, great people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 9, 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work, you're always busy, constantly on the move. Interacting with customers is a must, no matter what part of the store you work in. It's a great environment, as long as you're good with animals and pet parents.
great place to work
Animal care associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 4, 2016
had a great time there, wonderful people, wonderful customers , and a very layed back job, the animals are awesome and the staff is one of the most inviting people you will meet , very easy to pick up the jobs there , must be able to multi task