PetSmart Employee Review

A total zoo
Cash/Core/Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 September 2013
Definitely a fun job if you love animals.

There's a lot of different jobs you can do so there is something for everyone (stocking, grooming, training, customer service, working with the pets for sale, etc.)

The people I worked with were great and we all got along really well.

Management was nice enough, but completely moronic. Couldn't manage schedules or allocate hours properly. Couldn't reprimand employees when they broke company policy. Did nothing about the rampant theft at my store except complain.

Wages were pretty average. Barely above minimum, sliiiiight raise after about a year.

Overall not a bad place to work, but be prepared to deal with managers who are legitimately so stupid you pity them.
Pros
Work with animals, fun coworkers, fun customers
Cons
Idiotic managers, low pay, highly allergenic workplace (lots of hay, dust, dander, etc)

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2018
Great to work when you get to talk with customers about their special family members. Great training program to learn nutrition and animal behaviour. Chances to travel to see trade shows
Pros
Animals
Cons
Nothing really
I like it!
Professional Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC10 January 2018
depends on your store, but the managers and staff at my location are amazing. Great pay in the grooming salon, and they send you to grooming academy where you are trained to become a groomer and you get paid:)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.