PetSmart Employee Reviews

Job Culture is outstanding. Management is the biggest issue.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 November 2017
You walk into work and everyone there is super kindly and have all the same interests. You really get to connect with customers as the job environment is outstanding. Management is just a huge problem. They don't care about job security at PetSmart and good managers tend to get let go while other moody managers come in and bring down the spirit of the team members.
Petsmart, Some really great attitudes
Pet care associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 November 2017
Some of the workers and managers here are amazing but some of the policies are not something that should be in a pet store for the sake of the pet. Some times you have to perform time consuming task while paying attention to all customers.
Pros
Good attitudes
Cons
Sometimes to much responsibilities for 1 person
Petsmart
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 November 2017
One of the best companies I worked for.
Great opportunity
Fair dealing
Love of Pets
Amazing environment

I would recommend this company to anyone.

We have fun while being the best.
Fun place to work, live working with or around animals
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2017
Great place to work. Enjoyed my job there. Managers were ok but very young with not a ton of knowledge. If a Pet smart opened up in my town I would defenetly apply there.
Terrible Management
Petcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2017
The title says it all, they don't care about the animals and focus mainly on profit. They can care less about the staff and only focus on themselves. Management is terrible and incompetent.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Everything else.
Great place great people
Pet Care Associate / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 October 2017
great place to work the crew and management are good but if your good at your job they will expect you to work every second you can. in my experience at least. i worked 15hrs 15 days in a row at one point but i volunteered and loved every second of it. i highly recommend this place as an employer they are an amazing company.
great place to work
Cashier / Petcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 October 2017
Love working at petsmart, but the pay is horrible especially for supporting a family.
Management tends to punish people with no hours if you book any days off
great atmosphere, awful management
Petstylist Apprentice/Bather (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 October 2017
working in a grooming salon is the best thing that's ever happened to me, unfortunately the corporate company has given poor management the opportunities for favouritism and there's little room for advancement in a fair workplace.
what can i say... DoGS
Cashier / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
Fun environment for animal lovers, customers not as irritable as most stores. Scheduling is fantastic. No benefits for part timers and must fight your way to become full time, but once you are all is good.
Management is like a dictatorship
Customer Service, and Petcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 September 2017
My manager treated the staff poorly if she didn't get her way. She lied about advancement and only used it as a carrot on a stick to get people to make more sales. My last day was spent having a mental break down trying to transition between two jobs and not make anyone fill my remaining shifts. I liked my Co workers but, the upper management expects too much from a minimum wage worker. They want you to prioritize Petsmart over anything else in life.

The discount is a joke too. Other places give employees 50% off over their 25 or whatever.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management, no steady hours, no advancement
poor
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK28 September 2017
NA.... This is not somewhere I recommend. that is why I am looking to work elsewhere. not a family friendly store. Not for the people. I can not give a good review.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
nice place to take a break
Pet Care/Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  BC27 September 2017
its an okay place for temporary placement, its an easy job, but don't expect too much out of it. Management is nice except the odd manager, otherwise staff is friendly.
alright
Morning Stock (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
usually wake up very early to make it for work generally stock shelves without much instruction which is alright. you learn essentially nothing here. its an alright place to work.
its cool for something you wanna do at the moment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  stockyards21 September 2017
I was hired as a regular cashier. and then pet products associate. I advanced to pet trainer.... which I always wanted but when I did get my training and was going in to train dogs. I found the other trainer to be col and jelouse. she wasn't " a friend " anymore. more like a competitor. I get why. but still. I had 2 days out of the 5 she had. anyways... months later policies changed and I was dumbed down to a reg employee. so I created my own business and left.
Pros
great environment with pets everywhere
Cons
not a promising future long term, salaried employees are nasty.
fast pace fun work
Bather brusher (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 September 2017
I had a difficult time with the petsmart location in Vaughan the management was not very good. They would say one thing and do the next. when I was hired I was told I didn't have to work weekends because they knew I would not have babysitters because I had just relocated. two weeks in they booked me for a Saturday and sunday. I hear the location has new managers now. I also did not like that I was told I could learn to groom in the salon I was in and the next day I was told I had to relocate for a few months to attend the petsmart grooming school. My son was in school and I was not able to relocate at the time so they moved me from full time shifts to very minimal work. I was given one shift per week.
Pros
some days they had lunches paid for
Cons
they started me as part time with fulltime hours but did not give me benefits. Smart is right.
Fun and outgoing
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
Very fun if you like animals, hands on with many animals and in depth training to help make you feel comfortable doing your job. Friendly people to work with and I never felt uncomfortable asking anyone any questions. The hardest part was finding were every product would go on the shelves.
Pros
Work related activities
Cons
No flexibility with hours
Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2017
Depending what field you go into at the store you will be very happy with what you are doing there.

Management tries their best to accommodate you and your family.

If you like working with animals in anyway shape or form, this is a great place to work.

Customers are usually friendly and not unruly.
Pros
Good atmosphere
productive and fun
Petcare Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 September 2017
I personally really enjoyed working at my pet smart location.
If i had a bad day,its pretty big stress reliever to be around furry animals all day.but be warned if you don't like insects this is not the job for you. Feeding the reptiles is part of the job description,oh and be ready to be peed on.otherwise pretty awesome job.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
cleaning alot of feces
Large Store
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 August 2017
Sophisticated administration system. Other than that its the basic corporation with the same selling steps as other companies. Fun closing shifts and evenings.
Fun job for animal lovers
Pet Products Lead (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON26 August 2017
great job to have if you have a passion for customer service and animals. always oppurtunity to move up the ladder and great pay and benefits offered if the work ethic is there
Pros
great for animal lovers
Cons
management in office all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.