The Petrogas Group: Petrogas Energy Corp., Petrogas Energy Services Ltd. and Express Tankers Inc. in Canada and Petrogas Inc., Petrogas Terminals LLC and Petrogas Transportation LLC in the United States. Since 1986 we have provided top calibre Crude Oil and NGL marketing and supply services to propane retailers, refiners and petrochemical producers across North America.
We are headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and have a network of offices, terminals and storage facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Our network, combined with an experienced and knowledgeable staff, gives us the versatility and capability to meet any energy supply and marketing need.
Transload/ Tank Farm Operators supervise the loading an unloading of railcar and tanks via truck. Operators are responsible for monitoring tank and car levels, hooking and unhooking attachements to the cars and tanks, as well as sealing and inspecting railcars. They prepare loading and offloading field tickets and test samples in a lab.
If successful in this position there is opportunity to advance to other areas of the terminal.
- Work takes place primarily outside in all weather conditions
- Work is 12 hr shifts on a straight day rotation
- Working through Holidays, and occasional overtime will be required
- Work is safety sensitive and requires compliances with federal and provincial regulations, safe work procedures and policies
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Climbing up ladders
- Reliable and predictable attendance
- Valid drivers license
- High School Diploma or Equivalent General Education Diplmoa(GED)
- Previous experience transloading an asset
- Post secondary or techinical school
- Basic computer skills
All work will take place at our Fort Saskatchewan terminal
Newly hired operators will train in a classroom setting for approx 16 hrs and then spend two weeks shadowing and working with a partner before they are permitted to operate independantly.
Depending on experience starting wage will be between $28.00-$35.50/hr
Petrogas offers a competitive benefits package.
Ideal Candidate Description:
- Ability to work independantly and in a team
- Demonstrates good teamwork and maintains positive interactions with others.
- Flexible schedule, with ability and desire to work overtime
- Constantly alert and prepared for unexpected conditions or circumstances
- Dedicated to completing all tasks with a integrity, and ability to follow procedures and safe work practices to the letter
- Common sense, integrity and good judgment
- Conforms to all operating and safe work practices, maintains a high level of safety awareness for themselves, their co workers and the environment