Petro Canada Employee Review

View all Petro Canada reviews

Geophysicist working in a junior oil company
Senior Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Tripoli, Libya19 November 2013
Basinwell is a junior oil company focusing on the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. The company is putting emphasis on producing oil from old fields by re-entry/re-completion, water flooding, and drill step-out wells.

As a geophysicist, my work is to validate the leads /prospects /acquisition proposals from the geologists by using seismic data.

I am also actively involved in the opportunity hunting process by analyzing well, land and engineering data (GeoScout) in combination with seismic data.

The hardest part of this job is to make decision based on limited data (seismic data is expensive here). The most enjoyable part is that your achievements are recognized and appreciated by the management.
Pros
Pros: highly motivated
Cons
Cons: low salary, job security (junior company)

Other Petro Canada Employee Reviews

best gas station in canada.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2018
Working in Petro Canada is everyone's dream and its very good to work there. We have to take care of every rules and regulation which are told in the beggning of the training.
job overview
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 February 2018
It was great time to work. Overall main part of job is management. To deal with customer is the main important part so that we can retain them for long time.