Petro Canada Employee Reviews

laid off to save a buck
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2017
petro canada got rid of their fleet of trucks even though the fleet was a very well run operation. They laid off many very good employees to save a buck. Since then i never gas up at Petro Canada. They sold out to a US company who of course disposed of their fleet of trucks only to offer the jobs to lesser companies hiring at a much lower cost. A real sell out.
Pros
was a good company to work for
Cons
laid off to save a buck.
great work
GAS STATION ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON14 April 2017
experience dealing with different types of customers
learned about the managing the gas station under any type of problem and great team work with other employees and time management
good place to work
Process/Panel Operator (Former Employee) –  sherwood park alberta5 April 2017
Suncor is a great company. They treat their employees well, great benefit programs, employee recognition. Safety and workplace culture was held to a high standard. I loved the people and environment in which I worked in.
It wasnt a good experience. They took advantage of their workers and punished them with no pay when they made mistakes
cashier/gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 April 2017
I would never recommend this employer to anyone. They took hours from the only 2 females on payroll and gave more hours to the other guys. I was constantly threatened with losing my job if I messed up. The only good thing was the extra cash and gift card bonus that we would get for upselling the deals and product.
Pros
gift cards and cash bonus for upselling
Cons
stole hours and made workers work shifts without pay
Entertaining and Productive
Part Time Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB3 April 2017
I liked how there was always something to do such as stocking or cleaning. I enjoyed interacting with customers who were often kind and interesting. The hours, however, were unpredictable and inconsistent. Unfortunately, the management was disorganized and hard to communicate with.
Pros
Satisfying work and positive customer interaction.
Cons
Hours and lack of organized scheduling.
Fun and productive workplace
Transportation operations coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
Not a fan of unions otherwise office politics very strong. Difficult to move up other than networking and finding someone to chpion for you. Company provides great tools. Office space is nice.
Pros
Great job security and bene5
Cons
Office politics
Goal orientated and team work place
GSA (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
Working at Gas Station is not a wonderful experience to me , although i am working from last 3 years due to personal reasons and economic problems. it is good in terms of learning skills but overall it is too much burden on managers from retailers.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
too much work load
Excellent company
Vérificateur Sénior (Former Employee) –  Montreal quebec23 March 2017
excellent working atmosphere, great management learned in house training, excellnt workplace culture,fantastic Supervisor. i enjoyed every part of my job
Pros
financial incentives
Cons
You'll always have a family at Petro
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 March 2017
Employees treat all coworkers like family, it's one big team always expanding. Great place to work, fast-paced environment and some phenomenal regular customers.
Pros
Family forever
Cons
Mystery shop
Great co workers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 March 2017
Its ok for short term I had learned a lot of new skills. It great to connect with customers and its enjoyable if you enjoy working with customers. The managment wasn't the best no pay rise past 3 years
quite good experience of working
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2017
The knew sales group has provided me a great confidence of talking to the customer and approaching the product to them. This job has also provided me good convincing power.

Working at sp koki and management service gave me a good experience in customer service and improved my communication skills.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK14 March 2017
I will suggest this work to all people. i am cuurenty working here and the manager is very nice. The staff is very co operative. The pay is very good.
Great work experience
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON9 March 2017
This was a great job while attending college. Flexible hours allowed me to balance work and school easily. Working here let me develop my customer service skills greatly.I enjoyed every part of working at Petro Canada.
Healthy Environment and Increase the knowledge
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 March 2017
it was great experience to work in Petro Canada. it enhanced my knowledge, skills and gave confidence. the best of it is working with customer from diverse culture and languages. The hard part is to handle angry customer but if you have patience and calm temperment than you will love to handle it
Terrible Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2017
Not great, very busy, cranky customers, did not enjoy job, but it was there when I needed one. Wouldn't work there again. Busy place to work, cranky customers
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
It was a good place for work. Got a new experience about the work. New things taught to me by the manager. The hard part of the job was to clean the snow and fill the water in the glass cleaning tubs.
easy job with fair pay
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
It was easy job and paid well to manage my petty expenses. The job was quiet fair and easy to manage my schedule. The only difficult part about the job is the night shifts which i had to do.
Pros
Free Coffee and Good management
productive, and safe place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CA21 February 2017
workplace was great, boss was friendly and caring. customers were always nice. this was my first job and i learned a lot from this job. i learned cash and sales, retail pricing, good customer service skills.
Pros
good shifts and pay
Cons
long hours and no breaks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2017
customer handling experience is very good as there are different types of customers around the globe, each day at Petro Canada one learn many other things which are very useful in retailing sector.
Productive and very fun workplace.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB19 February 2017
A typical day at work was keeping the environment as clean as possible, stock up shelves and coolers, and give good customer service.

The management were great!
Pros
Was good to meet customers and see people win on their lottery tickets.
Cons
Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petro Canada. Our community is ready to answer.