Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Completely Sales Driven
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Canada's Gas Station....NOT.
This company is completely sales driven and will utilize whatever means possible to achieve higher sales including colluding with the competition over gas pricing ( Pricing Centre knows what I mean)

I give this company 3 stars for its aggressive sales techniques and lack of benefits. They can afford it. Their ARL agreements are too stringent with constant pressure to perform and sell, but they lack the integrity of truly being Canada's Gas Station. They lead the pack in laying the framework for aggressive sales but lack the framework to set up their sites for individual community projects.
Pros
Good working conditions, clean sites, well stocked sites, great customer service
Cons
No benefits, Aggressive sales requirements of their employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 30, 2016
• Answering phone calls in regards to clients asking about petro points amongst other things such as their commercial credit cards and gift cards
• Reset passwords for clients
• Issue new points cards, car wash cards, gift cards and commercial credit cards
• Update information such as addresses, if there is a deceased member in a family update their account for them
Service Center Manager
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Hwy 401 E Cambridge, OntarioAugust 24, 2016
The experiences I have obtained include almost 15 years as a Service Center Manager in which I was responsible for all aspect of the business from sales to profit and loss. Service advisor, work scheduling, inventory control, customer service and employee training. Employee supervision and encouragement while managing in a union and non union environment.
A day in the life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Truro, NSMay 25, 2016
Its an ok place to work, overall an easy job. A typical work day I go in count my cash, lottery tickets and cigarettes. There is a Robins donuts attached so we ensure all day we have fresh baked goods and fresh coffee and tea always on the go.When there are not customers pumping gas or purchasing merchandise we clean the store. My co-workers are great probably the best part of the job, there is a high turnover rate so there is a onstant need to train new staff which is probably the worst part of the job, it is hard to book time off due to lack of coverage and here are also never raises or room to move up.
Petro Canada
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
I worked for Petro Canada for just under a year and found it to be an enjoyable part time job. The hours worked for me and the customers and staff were friendly as easy to work around.
My boss was a very professional woman and I enjoyed working for her. I always came to work in a good mood because the atmosphere I worked in.
Productive busy workplace but with relaxed/friendly elements
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 29, 2016
Working at Petro Canada is a great learning environment for anyone looking to gain all around work experience. I learned much about customer service, sales techniques, general social skills, inventory management, shipping and receiving. in my experience all my co-workers and my manager were very nice and understanding. for a busy and hard working job it also has very relaxed elements and general vibe. hardest part of the job would be keeping up with a heavy customer flow while at the same time making sure every transaction is done correctly and accurately. Whether it be gas, lottery, tobacco or even general merchandise sales. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to learn multiple aspects of a workplace. Not just one section for example customer service, and being able to work both in and outside.
Great Place to Learn and Build
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 14, 2016
I worked at Petro Canada for 5 years and for 2 of those I was a Lead GSA I loved my team and my managers and job. I loved my Guests the most. I learned all sorts of skills that helped to put me where I am today. I started as a cashier and ended doing everything including back office work. the training is awesome too!
working in a friendly environment
Part time : Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 24, 2016
>as a employee i have learned alot how to deal with the customer.
> management is good because everybody is cooperative with manager.
> my co-workers are friendly with me . in a break we share a lot of things related to work and personal life.
>the hardest part of the job is nothing we do a lot of fun if problem comes then we together solve a problem.
>the most enjoyable part of the job is whenever we win mystery shop.
Pros
we can achieve a lot while working with this company
Cons
less time for break
Great management and good high-school job.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 9, 2016
Deli Assistant – Prepare food orders, customer service, HMR counter, maintain a clean work environment in accordance with safe food handling practices, process customer inquiries and complaints in a professional manner, multitask between HMR and Deli work areas.
Pros
Great management. supportive co-workers. good starter job for most.
Cons
short hours.
Always something to do, great customer experience.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBMay 15, 2016
A easy job, however very tiring, and sometimes stressful. A balance between trying to get your work done and serving customers. Great management, great communication. Overall a good place to start off with for customer experience.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Not enough time or staff to complete work with the waves of customers
Fruitful, Creative
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Working as Guest Service Attendant gave me a lot of confidence as now I am able to manage a whole store by myself. I gained a lot of experience and ability to work by my own and in a team. I have learned a lot about Canadian culture, workplace ethics and importance of hard work.
Pros
a whole new experience
Cons
no fixed shecdule
Hardest part of the job
Owner/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2016
Have to keep everything running smoothly in order to keep the store on profitable side. Have to keep all the stock level up, make sure all the employees know their schedule and duties.
Pros
Able to work at my own pace
Cons
Long hours and lot of responsibility
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Debert, NSMay 6, 2016
on the weekends when I worked was 3-11, I learned how to use the cash register, clean out the popcorn machine and hot dog machine.

my co-workers were great, they helped me with whatever I needed help with.

my hardest part of my job was the slow hours

what I enjoyed was always moving around doing something.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
slow hours
Very clean and inviting establishment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ONApril 15, 2016
I am currently working as a Customer Service Representative. I deal with many customers during my shift. I am responsible for making sure everyone has what they need and I help with the duties including making sure the store is a clean safe and happy environment. I enjoy working with all my co-workers, although I do work alone, they are there for me if I need them for any reason. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with the public and enjoy making sure that the experience that they have when they visit our location is a positive one. I have learned that you need patience and understanding and that the customer is the most important part of the job. My goal is to work more hours, full time. I have worked in Sales in the past and thoroughly enjoy it.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
The price of gas
I was able to learn multi tasking and team worker skills.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
As I was working in a warehouse, so it requires taking care of inventory and taking deliveries on the other hand. Placing orders and supplying it later to other Petro Canada stores.
More than one employee was working there all the time from which I got a chance how to be a team player.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Heavy Weight Lifting
Cashier and Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Tasks are well defined and work atmosphere is friendly. I got to learn how to interact with the customers and its really a wonderful feeling when a customer appreciates your work.
Pros
sometimes free pizza for all sites
Starter job at minimum wage
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 11, 2016
Its a starter job in my opinion, not much room for advancement, but the hours where decent, normally 6 hour shifts minimum, quite high stress environment because you work by yourself, if anything happens its all on you, overall, its just OK.
Pros
Normally pretty good hours
Cons
High stress
productive day with different customers
Cashier/Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 22, 2016
a typical day at work: cheerful
what you learned: how to give best services
management: managing team
co-workers: cooperative
hardest part: none if you have a zeal to learn things
enjoyable part: throughout
It wasn't the greatest job.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed the fast paced environment, unfortunately they were not very flexible when it came to school and the management was difficult to deal with most of the time, I gained a couple valuable skills with my time here though; patience, time management, etc...
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
Canada post is such a nice place for every cultural people to work under federal government. one day we organised one of our co-workers birthday and the interesting thing is that almost everyone joined on that party. Member of management is very flexible. The hardest part was to get together for the party because the plant is busy. But with the help of management we did it.