Petro Canada Employee Reviews

survival job
Sales Consultant for Accident and Health Insurance (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 November 2016
physical work, long hours, less salary, no benifits, no chance for career advancment. Good experience on customer service
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lot of work related stress
Casual
Gas Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2017
A good place to start your career in customer service. Worked there as part-time so does not matter that much. Got to learn about how to address difficult situations, how to take quick decisions
Pros
deal with all kinds of people
job balance
General Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON29 December 2016
hours are unpredictable and not strict, manager not the best. I hate the fact that I am a night shift worker with no chance of switiching times
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, bad management
I liked working there the people were great and the job was fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB31 January 2017
I was doing daily paper work running a cash register helping customers doing orders and stocking the store

I learned how to read fuel tanks and order fuel also how to do inventory of the entire store every month

management was excellent always there to help when you needed it

the hardest part of the job was putting all the stock away and triing to run the store at the same time

I loved working there if they could have paid me more an hour I would have stayed
Pros
loved working and learning with management
Cons
not enough money
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC5 November 2016
** To be patient with all the customers
*** Good Management
**** Co-workers were helper
***** To cover second shift when the person didn't come
Pros
Free Cofee
Cons
Long hours somtimes
Great place to work.
In training for Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 November 2016
Hello well A typical was to make every one was doing what needed to be done including me,stock shelves coolers,make sure wash rooms where clean and garbage where empty or good,coworkers where great and never had any trouble,and management was assume,would have to say the hardest part would be big stock days shipments and the month end reports besides that was great getting to meet new people and help them,most enjoy part of my day or job was just helping people and learning new things felt great!
Pros
discounts on some things
Completely Sales Driven
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2016
Canada's Gas Station....NOT.
This company is completely sales driven and will utilize whatever means possible to achieve higher sales including colluding with the competition over gas pricing ( Pricing Centre knows what I mean)

I give this company 3 stars for its aggressive sales techniques and lack of benefits. They can afford it. Their ARL agreements are too stringent with constant pressure to perform and sell, but they lack the integrity of truly being Canada's Gas Station. They lead the pack in laying the framework for aggressive sales but lack the framework to set up their sites for individual community projects.
Pros
Good working conditions, clean sites, well stocked sites, great customer service
Cons
No benefits, Aggressive sales requirements of their employees
Healthy Environment and Increase the knowledge
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 March 2017
it was great experience to work in Petro Canada. it enhanced my knowledge, skills and gave confidence. the best of it is working with customer from diverse culture and languages. The hard part is to handle angry customer but if you have patience and calm temperment than you will love to handle it
quite good experience of working
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2017
The knew sales group has provided me a great confidence of talking to the customer and approaching the product to them. This job has also provided me good convincing power.

Working at sp koki and management service gave me a good experience in customer service and improved my communication skills.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC26 September 2016
Good place to work but far away from my house..Management is also good.Professional training was given to me. Salary is given at Time . Coworkers cooperate with each other by dividing work.
Pros
Cons
7 hours
Good Hours...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2017
Worked over what I should of , helped management with his duties, was not given what I was hired for "supervisor store side" , I was a cashier on the food side.. not enough employees for store volume. never paid for overtime that I worked. I learned some new skills and gained experience. Friendly staff...
productive, and safe place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CA21 February 2017
workplace was great, boss was friendly and caring. customers were always nice. this was my first job and i learned a lot from this job. i learned cash and sales, retail pricing, good customer service skills.
Pros
good shifts and pay
Cons
long hours and no breaks
A day in the life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS25 May 2016
Its an ok place to work, overall an easy job. A typical work day I go in count my cash, lottery tickets and cigarettes. There is a Robins donuts attached so we ensure all day we have fresh baked goods and fresh coffee and tea always on the go.When there are not customers pumping gas or purchasing merchandise we clean the store. My co-workers are great probably the best part of the job, there is a high turnover rate so there is a onstant need to train new staff which is probably the worst part of the job, it is hard to book time off due to lack of coverage and here are also never raises or room to move up.
Busy Work Place
Gas Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON31 October 2016
A typical day of work will be greeting customers, activating gas pumps, completing sale transactions, plus selling car wash features, providing point reward system information, making fresh coffee, stocking products and general cleanliness. Generally work alone the management is great. The hardest part of the job is to deal with disgruntled customers and to offer solutions to their issues.
A fast paced retail work environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2017
Petro Canada offers a good learning experience, helps learn about customer service and developing solutions to customer problems. But does not offer great wage rates and much of career development oppurtunities.
easy job with fair pay
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
It was easy job and paid well to manage my petty expenses. The job was quiet fair and easy to manage my schedule. The only difficult part about the job is the night shifts which i had to do.
Pros
Free Coffee and Good management
Productive and very fun workplace.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB19 February 2017
A typical day at work was keeping the environment as clean as possible, stock up shelves and coolers, and give good customer service.

The management were great!
Pros
Was good to meet customers and see people win on their lottery tickets.
Cons
Long days
Gtreat company to work for
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 January 2017
Lots of advancement with Petro Canada, security and franchise options. Would work for Petro Canada again. Provided a great start to a young person just starting out.
my review
Gas Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2017
enjoyed working here and working with the people I did, management was always great with anything that we needed. Even tho the station the company wanted me at was too far away I did like the work ethics with this company
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
too far away
funplace to handle several customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 January 2017
leaned how to work under pressure.
manager was good.
enjoyable part of my life meeting new peoples.
learned several skills.
managed goals of life.
good management.
Pros
no lunch.
Cons
long hors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petro Canada. Our community is ready to answer.