Petro Canada

Petro Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was a good company but it was cold
General sales associate (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: easy jib
Cons: heartless owner
Petro-Canada is a good company to work for but they are a cold company to work for. there is a lot of counting involved with 8 hour shifts
Servicing guests by attending to their needs and concerns to make their experience at Petro Canada enjoyable.
Guest Service Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 28, 2014
- Handled guest relations on a daily basis.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are
correct and that there is adequate change.
Good part time job while attending school
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 21, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in on time and handling customer during the shift and there needs. I learned how to be social and meet new people.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 20, 2014
overall good experience
Learnt Managing skills
Helping co-workers
busy work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2014
Cons: 9 hours
Working at the gas station is pretty much stressed out and if you the only one working by yourself. Working alone, busy place, not having a break time and plus you will confront the customers that having a bad day. It will lead you to have a bad day too. You should know how be patient , know how to handle customers and control the self-esteem that's – more... how you will handle the customer services. The gas station I worked with just only one person working in the morning one person in the night shift. My co-worker i don't have any problems with them because they are motivated and hard working people. They will hep you to due to any problems and most important is to respect people. The hardest part of the job is how to handle customers. Customers is really hard to handle with, when you don't even know how to handle the pressure it will get to you. For me there is 3 types how to handle the customer. Patients, control your self-esteem and most important is to always great them with smile. The most enjoyable part of my job is somehow its my pleasure to make my customers happy and appreciated. – less
Carpet cleaning
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: didnt have to walk far for work
Cons: needed more hours
I enjoyed talking to new and existing customers. I booked appointments to get carpoets cleane din your home and let you know about the sales or promotions we had running. My manager was someone I knew so it was nice if I needed to talk to him about anything I could've. I worked by myself and got a lot done.
Fas paced and never boring
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Orillia, OnOctober 15, 2014
Have some very amazing customers. Your days are never the same. Co workers are amazing. Management has some good days. hardest part is people yelling at you and having to phone police. Best part are the regular customers you see every shift.
Safe busy environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
- Typical busy day
- I learned to have strong communications skills also customer service
- Management was okay, should of been bit more organized with the schedules
- Co-workers were really friendly and fun to work with as a team
Not terrible with the right staff
Gas Station Attendant, Night Shift (Former Employee), Cambridge (Hespeler), OntarioOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free coffee, hard work rewarded and recognized, good scheduleing
Cons: a few questionable hires, occasional silly memo
Some people don't like to do their jobs, and that makes others' jobs difficult. My only real complaint about working here was a few questionable hires. Constantly late, try to leave when you get there early, when certain people were working the day/afternoon shift I knew the place would be trashed.
That is NOT all the staff.

Management is pretty good.
They're – more... weird and strict about some of the strangest things but are also really cool about a lot of stuff.
Really pushed making "quotas" on in store deals and getting sign-ups for petro-points. Not really a big deal or difficult; someone looking through candy for awhile recommend a 2-for deal, looking at drinks recommend the current energy drink sale, etc...

Tried to tell employees they would be held responsible for drive-offs and asked us to sign an agreement. That isn't legal, by the way. A few of us didn't sign it and management accepted their mistake and scratched that plan.

I worked a set schedule so this didn't effect me, but other employees told me they are really good for schedule adjustments and stuff when they are needed.

I called in sick once - I was sick all evening, and even spoke with my manager before I left that there was a high probability I would be calling in sick. They will try to act like you have no choice. Explain to them how little choice they have, no biggie.
Shift was covered eventually. I guess nobody wants to work nights.

Oddly enough, I can't count how many times I was called in to work at various locations. There was ALWAYS perks of going in, such as a gift card for Petro-Canada.

They do not pay overtime; you agree to this when you are hired.

One time I was called in on a holiday at a location that was not my regular one, that has a separate payroll. I was paid my Holiday pay from my main location, time and a half at the working location, and was given a $50 Petro gift card, AND they paid my cab for coming in on a holiday.

I am not saying to expect a bunch of free stuff, what I'm saying is that YOU ARE REWARDED FOR GOING THE EXTRA MILE, ALWAYS.
Management is REALLY GOOD for rewarding hard work.

Free coffee, occasional slushie, occasionally seasonal products being taken off the shelf were allowed to be taken home. One person a day was allowed a free carwash, as it has to be tested.

I live in Galt and the location is in Hespeler. I was working nights. The bus routes changed and made my 10 hour shift turn into around 14.5 hours with commute. I had to quit, as this was just to much. Shortening the shift would have done no good, as I was already catching the last and first bus (waiting for over an hour in the mornings).
I would certainly work here again, or at any of the owners' other locations. – less
Fast placed environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Overall good work environment
Customer service oriented work
busy but its fun to work this place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: wages
learn a lot from petro Canada.
Its fun to change display area every 2 months
when you do more sale you will make extra money too.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
good workplace and good benefits
good employer and great pay
cashier
petro canada (Former Employee), grimsby OntarioAugust 27, 2014
the job was amazing loved working always smiling and helping costumers
Grewat summer job
Summer Lab Student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2014
I worked there as a summer student the pay was good and i liked the work
I liked working for petro.
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 11, 2014
Cons: late nights
I enjoyed my time at petro,only wish they had benefits and better hours after working there so long.
productive place where i can efficiently deliver my work.
GSA and CASHIER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2014
Pros: chance to interact with customers
My overall review about working for Petro Canada is a good one.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 29, 2014
Great co workers, management and customers, fun place to work
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: long shifts, working independently
Cashing all customer orders.
Working independently was a bit of a challenge.
Suncor Group Venture
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 28, 2014
Cash handling
Reports
Greeting guests
Helping guests with product purchase
great opportunity to communicate with people
guest service attendant (Current Employee), ajax, ontarioJuly 27, 2014
Pros: make me feel doing professional job
Cons: drive off makes lot of problems
standing at front desk and handling cash register feels doing responsible work for entire gas station, solving customer complaints and helping them as much as possible I can do is my main concern.

1 2 3 4 5