Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Completely Sales Driven
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2016
Canada's Gas Station....NOT.
This company is completely sales driven and will utilize whatever means possible to achieve higher sales including colluding with the competition over gas pricing ( Pricing Centre knows what I mean)

I give this company 3 stars for its aggressive sales techniques and lack of benefits. They can afford it. Their ARL agreements are too stringent with constant pressure to perform and sell, but they lack the integrity of truly being Canada's Gas Station. They lead the pack in laying the framework for aggressive sales but lack the framework to set up their sites for individual community projects.
Pros
Good working conditions, clean sites, well stocked sites, great customer service
Cons
No benefits, Aggressive sales requirements of their employees
survival job
Sales Consultant for Accident and Health Insurance (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 November 2016
physical work, long hours, less salary, no benifits, no chance for career advancment. Good experience on customer service
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lot of work related stress
A day in the life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS25 May 2016
Its an ok place to work, overall an easy job. A typical work day I go in count my cash, lottery tickets and cigarettes. There is a Robins donuts attached so we ensure all day we have fresh baked goods and fresh coffee and tea always on the go.When there are not customers pumping gas or purchasing merchandise we clean the store. My co-workers are great probably the best part of the job, there is a high turnover rate so there is a onstant need to train new staff which is probably the worst part of the job, it is hard to book time off due to lack of coverage and here are also never raises or room to move up.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC26 September 2016
Good place to work but far away from my house..Management is also good.Professional training was given to me. Salary is given at Time . Coworkers cooperate with each other by dividing work.
Pros
Cons
7 hours
customer service
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
Productive work setup customer service fast pace good hard working experienced coworkers and managers good benefits and lot of learning everyday.
No breaks
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 July 2016
- You do not get break
- Too much work to do and not enough time
- No room for advancement
- Raises are hard to get
- Favoritism is very prevalent, not the way things should be done.
Pros
Flexible with school
job balance
General Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON29 December 2016
hours are unpredictable and not strict, manager not the best. I hate the fact that I am a night shift worker with no chance of switiching times
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, bad management
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC5 November 2016
** To be patient with all the customers
*** Good Management
**** Co-workers were helper
***** To cover second shift when the person didn't come
Pros
Free Cofee
Cons
Long hours somtimes
Great place to work.
In training for Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 November 2016
Hello well A typical was to make every one was doing what needed to be done including me,stock shelves coolers,make sure wash rooms where clean and garbage where empty or good,coworkers where great and never had any trouble,and management was assume,would have to say the hardest part would be big stock days shipments and the month end reports besides that was great getting to meet new people and help them,most enjoy part of my day or job was just helping people and learning new things felt great!
Pros
discounts on some things
Cons
Fun but not a good knowledgeable job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Viking, AB15 November 2016
I barely knew what I was doing and I had no one take the time to teach me how to do things properly. I worked my shifts alone and they were 8 hour shifts. I learned how to use a cash register and how to use a P.O.S system. The hardest part of my job was never having any breaks during my shift.
Pros
Cons
long hours and no breaks
Busy Work Place
Gas Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON31 October 2016
A typical day of work will be greeting customers, activating gas pumps, completing sale transactions, plus selling car wash features, providing point reward system information, making fresh coffee, stocking products and general cleanliness. Generally work alone the management is great. The hardest part of the job is to deal with disgruntled customers and to offer solutions to their issues.
Productive busy workplace but with relaxed/friendly elements
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 June 2016
Working at Petro Canada is a great learning environment for anyone looking to gain all around work experience. I learned much about customer service, sales techniques, general social skills, inventory management, shipping and receiving. in my experience all my co-workers and my manager were very nice and understanding. for a busy and hard working job it also has very relaxed elements and general vibe. hardest part of the job would be keeping up with a heavy customer flow while at the same time making sure every transaction is done correctly and accurately. Whether it be gas, lottery, tobacco or even general merchandise sales. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to learn multiple aspects of a workplace. Not just one section for example customer service, and being able to work both in and outside.
Good Hours...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2017
Worked over what I should of , helped management with his duties, was not given what I was hired for "supervisor store side" , I was a cashier on the food side.. not enough employees for store volume. never paid for overtime that I worked. I learned some new skills and gained experience. Friendly staff...
A fast paced retail work environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2017
Petro Canada offers a good learning experience, helps learn about customer service and developing solutions to customer problems. But does not offer great wage rates and much of career development oppurtunities.
my review
Gas Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2017
enjoyed working here and working with the people I did, management was always great with anything that we needed. Even tho the station the company wanted me at was too far away I did like the work ethics with this company
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
too far away
Fast growing, progressive company have great opportunities
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
Excellent training programs. Well established Executive and highly trusted by peers in the industry.Change is a challenging pressure to management and employees. Prepare for very high work expectation.
ok place but pay is not great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 January 2016
fun place to work customers are great but pay is nothing you can live off of even at full time. besides the pay I would not change a thing except for raises took 3 years to get 50 cents.
Pros
awesome customers
Cons
pay is not great
Hardest part of the job
Owner/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2016
Have to keep everything running smoothly in order to keep the store on profitable side. Have to keep all the stock level up, make sure all the employees know their schedule and duties.
Pros
Able to work at my own pace
Cons
Long hours and lot of responsibility
normal retail job.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2016
day starts with processing transactions, cleaning, sales,
nice co workers
bad management
hardest part is dealing with angry customers
Nothing Enjoyable
Pros
Cons
Angry customers
Its an good organisation with a friendly environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 November 2016
It basically has a good environment and we get opportunities to serve customers and get to know their feedback.So employees can improve their knowledge of customer relations.
Pros
Skill development in customer relations
Cons
Limited growth opportunities