Petro Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
working in a friendly environment
Part time : Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: we can achieve a lot while working with this company
Cons: less time for break
>as a employee i have learned alot how to deal with the customer.
> management is good because everybody is cooperative with manager.
> my co-workers are friendly with me . in a break we share a lot of things related to work and personal life.
>the hardest part of the job is nothing we do a lot of fun if problem comes then we together solve a problem.
>the most enjoyable part of the job is whenever we win mystery shop.
Customer service attendant & Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2016
productive, learned good cash management skills, team working skills, inventory control, good to do job if you are working part time,
Excellent management support
Cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: Learning
The management of petro canada provides excellent support whenever required. Everyday at petro Canada provides a new experience. Interaction with customers teaches you a lot about how to improve your skills.
Can be stressful
Gas Attendant/Store Clerk (Current Employee), Edmundston, NBApril 21, 2016
Pros: bit laid back, decent hours (very flexible)
Cons: workers, bosses, cleanliness, etc.
Typical things can go wrong but some people who think they are the bosses but aren't can interfere and other coworkers tend to be a little grouchy and a bit of a bully...
Very clean and inviting establishment.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Grimsby, ONApril 15, 2016
Pros: Working with the public
Cons: The price of gas
I am currently working as a Customer Service Representative. I deal with many customers during my shift. I am responsible for making sure everyone has what they need and I help with the duties including making sure the store is a clean safe and happy environment. I enjoy working with all my co-workers, although I do work alone, they are there for me if I need them for any reason. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with the public and enjoy making sure that the experience that they have when they visit our location is a positive one. I have learned that you need patience and understanding and that the customer is the most important part of the job. My goal is to work more hours, full time. I have worked in Sales in the past and thoroughly enjoy it.
Productive workplace encourages positive customer service attitude
Gas station attendant/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Productive workplace encourages positive customer service attitude. Constant interaction with customers. Independently ensure the safe running of the day to day activities of the particular gas station
Fun workplace and team
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee), London, ONApril 7, 2016
A typical day at petro in balanced in serving customers, maintaining clean and safe environment, keeping store and pumps stocked with supplies. I have learned sales and how to sell deals. Co workers are really friendly. Hardest part of job is nothing for me, because it depends on people and most of people find it hard to do physical work at petro. i did not had any problems cleaning, picking up weight and shovelling snow.
I was able to learn multi tasking and team worker skills.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Heavy Weight Lifting
As I was working in a warehouse, so it requires taking care of inventory and taking deliveries on the other hand. Placing orders and supplying it later to other Petro Canada stores.
More than one employee was working there all the time from which I got a chance how to be a team player.
great in customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2016
can communicate better with the customer. learn how to solve the problems of the person .and improved many communication skills
Productive, fun to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Kipling, Dixon intersectionMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Flexible
Cons: pressure
Petro Canada is a good for the new employees who wish to learn for the future and work for a longer period of time. To recapitulate in short it is good place to start with.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
Canada post is such a nice place for every cultural people to work under federal government. one day we organised one of our co-workers birthday and the interesting thing is that almost everyone joined on that party. Member of management is very flexible. The hardest part was to get together for the party because the plant is busy. But with the help of management we did it.
boss was like a friend
Cashier (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: free lunches/ coffee all the time
Cons: houly wage wasnt that great
loved working at petro Canada , my boss was like a best friend, always helped us when we needed him, even outside off work, great hours
Corporate Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 17, 2016
The best part of this place corporate culture and almost 40 employees used to work here and we all are like one family at work and outside too. The Director and Owner of the organization very friendly and he supported in every aspect. I have learned more about customer service here.
good place to work.
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
good place to work , lots of things to learn, good shifts, always work available. no chance of moving ahead. shift work but well managed.
Good starting job Experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
Pros: They must give Break time
Cons: suitable hours
Its great Experience to work with Petro Canada. A very nice awesome and easy going employer working with. great work environment .
good starting job
Guest Service Assistant (Current Employee), Erin Ridge, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: half-hour payed break, flexible hours.
Cons: low pay.
it's a good job start out on for experience
fast pace job, learn to manage your time and work as a team.
the job felt very enjoyable because my co-workers.
Good to improve your customer service skills, part time.
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Customer Service Skills Improvement
Cons: No growth in the company
Very beneficial as you understand client needs, meet and greet new people everyday.
Communication skills improve a lot as you speak to all type of different people.
Not very flexible for me.
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Set hours
Cons: Not able to take the days off that I need.
A typical day involves cleaning the shelves and products, serving customers, refilling WWAF buckets, stocking cig. shelves and stocking lottery table, etc.
Good
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: 50% off A&W purchases
Cons: Training was not complete (learned a lot on my own)
– Instructions are straightforward
– I learn new things everyday
– Its a Friendly Workplace
– I get to be Flexible with my Shifts
– Safe Environment to work in
Late night shifts
Cashier (Former Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
the shifts were always over night with no benefit and minimum wage. It was usually a dull night with almost no customers, although one thing I learned from working is maintaining the store to be well accessible for the customers this included keeping it clean, taking out the garbage.