Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2017
Cleaning attending the customer collection of cash
Arrengingmaterial
Preparing coffee for customers picking garbage
Preparing daily report. A ll other reports such stock.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Regular hours
I loved it here !
Gas Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tantallon, NS17 May 2017
Great place to work. Great management wouldn't change a thing. It's a very welcoming group of people and I don't have a bad thing to say about the company
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Long shifts alone
A typical routine work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Working in a routine job, nothing new or change between days, would be good if you get busy then the day time pass fast.

You learn to be patient at work and how to deal with different types of people, how to be aware of everything around you and multi tasking.

The worst part in this job is when you face a robbery :) of course thats not fun but at least you know you are in a secured place and know what to do about this when it happen.

At the end, inventory, being clean, teddy and know the closing shirt calculations and managing the station alone makes you learn how to become self independent.
good overall
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Westwood, ON10 May 2017
My experiece at this was very good.
They give paymant time to time.
It was very close to my home
Near Westwood mall
Usually i work from here on weekends
Pros
free lunch
Healthy environment and enjoyable workplace
General Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  4106 cawthra rd, mississauga7 May 2017
Petro Canada is a healthy and enjoyable workplace where you meet new people everyday and build great relationships with people. it has helped me to grow my confidence and self esteem because of which i feel confident about my work where ever i go.
Pros
long shifts
Cons
hard to get a day off
Short Opinion
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 April 2017
It is fun dealing with different kinds of customers everyday I am on the job. One learns a lot about how to serve people better and more efficiently. Overall, it is a good place to work at.
customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Serve as customer service representatives and ring up purchases. Assisting in sales, organizing merchandise shelves, and stocking products. Excellent math skills and basic understandings of computer operating systems.
fun place of work
Front end cash customer service Duffer (Current Employee) –  Perth, ON20 April 2017
management is very amazing. work shifts are good and reasonable. When working at petro and macs you are your own supervisor at the time of work as it is usually just you there and you must keep on your toes. anyone with good costumer service would do well in the job.
laid off to save a buck
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2017
petro canada got rid of their fleet of trucks even though the fleet was a very well run operation. They laid off many very good employees to save a buck. Since then i never gas up at Petro Canada. They sold out to a US company who of course disposed of their fleet of trucks only to offer the jobs to lesser companies hiring at a much lower cost. A real sell out.
Pros
was a good company to work for
Cons
laid off to save a buck.
great work
GAS STATION ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON14 April 2017
experience dealing with different types of customers
learned about the managing the gas station under any type of problem and great team work with other employees and time management
good place to work
Process/Panel Operator (Former Employee) –  sherwood park alberta5 April 2017
Suncor is a great company. They treat their employees well, great benefit programs, employee recognition. Safety and workplace culture was held to a high standard. I loved the people and environment in which I worked in.
It wasnt a good experience. They took advantage of their workers and punished them with no pay when they made mistakes
cashier/gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 April 2017
I would never recommend this employer to anyone. They took hours from the only 2 females on payroll and gave more hours to the other guys. I was constantly threatened with losing my job if I messed up. The only good thing was the extra cash and gift card bonus that we would get for upselling the deals and product.
Pros
gift cards and cash bonus for upselling
Cons
stole hours and made workers work shifts without pay
Entertaining and Productive
Part Time Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB3 April 2017
I liked how there was always something to do such as stocking or cleaning. I enjoyed interacting with customers who were often kind and interesting. The hours, however, were unpredictable and inconsistent. Unfortunately, the management was disorganized and hard to communicate with.
Pros
Satisfying work and positive customer interaction.
Cons
Hours and lack of organized scheduling.
Fun and productive workplace
Transportation operations coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
Not a fan of unions otherwise office politics very strong. Difficult to move up other than networking and finding someone to chpion for you. Company provides great tools. Office space is nice.
Pros
Great job security and bene5
Cons
Office politics
Goal orientated and team work place
GSA (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
Working at Gas Station is not a wonderful experience to me , although i am working from last 3 years due to personal reasons and economic problems. it is good in terms of learning skills but overall it is too much burden on managers from retailers.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
too much work load
Excellent company
Vérificateur Sénior (Former Employee) –  Montreal quebec23 March 2017
excellent working atmosphere, great management learned in house training, excellnt workplace culture,fantastic Supervisor. i enjoyed every part of my job
Pros
financial incentives
Cons
You'll always have a family at Petro
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 March 2017
Employees treat all coworkers like family, it's one big team always expanding. Great place to work, fast-paced environment and some phenomenal regular customers.
Pros
Family forever
Cons
Mystery shop
Great co workers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 March 2017
Its ok for short term I had learned a lot of new skills. It great to connect with customers and its enjoyable if you enjoy working with customers. The managment wasn't the best no pay rise past 3 years
quite good experience of working
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2017
The knew sales group has provided me a great confidence of talking to the customer and approaching the product to them. This job has also provided me good convincing power.

Working at sp koki and management service gave me a good experience in customer service and improved my communication skills.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK14 March 2017
I will suggest this work to all people. i am cuurenty working here and the manager is very nice. The staff is very co operative. The pay is very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petro Canada. Our community is ready to answer.