Petro-Canada

Petro-Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Non-Stop fast pace environment
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee), Prince George BCJune 24, 2015
Pros: happy environment
Cons: busy, no help
It was long and busy, couldn't get anything i had to get done in one day. Always on my toes and i didn't want to do anything after work.
loved my experience
Quick Lube Technician (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: family came with the co=workers
Cons: far from home
i really felt like part of a team at Petro Canada Pennzoil on Dundas in Belleville Ontario, great work experience and i'm happy to know there is always a place for me there if i was decide to go back there for a working position, or as a satisfied customer!
Excellent team environment
Corporate Communications Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and compensation
Petro-Canada had a strong team culture and environment. I had the opportunity to build excellent working relationships.
Fast, attentive, and safety mindset is a must.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Must be able to deal with a very fast paced day. Hundreds of customer transactions per shift. Always have an eye on surroundings and be aware of potential hazards at all times. Most important is customer service, fast, friendly, and effective service so our guests feel appreciated.
Good
Gsa (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Great Place to work. Got to meet losts of interesting people.
Formatrice
Formatrice (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2014
implementing a new receivable system WTBS and one-on-one coaching with credit staff
Great work setting for high school, first job students
Gas Service Attendant (Current Employee), New Hamburg, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: outdoors, friendly customers
Cons: unfit for graduated or pursue as a career path
Gas pumper
team work.
hectic schedule.
training new people
interpersonal skills
Customer service industry is good to work at if manager is good
Gas Service Attendant (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 31, 2014
If manager is good, customer services industry is nice to work for. Some policies need to be looked at. Good place for survival job.
Great enviroment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2014
friendly customers and respected co-workers learned much about cash flow, balance, and budgeting, mostly handle cash till.
Productive and a fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 4, 2014
Pros: it can keep you very busy which makes time go by much quicker.
Cons: night shifts, can be very slow, restrictions on cleaning since i work alone.
A typical day is very relaxing but can also become busy. I've learned how to work in a very fast paced environment, dealing with customers problems and how to properly greet customers.The management at Petro-Canada is very open on what you can do at work, as long as you get all your work done. Since I work night shifts, i am alone but when I see my co-workers they are very friendly and enjoyable. Hardest part of the job is working throughout the night all by myself, it becomes very lonely on slow nights. Most enjoyable part of the job is it goes by fast when I get very busy.
Great place to work!
Retail Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABAugust 23, 2014
It's fun to interact with guests and co-workers. There is no boring day. Hardest part of the job is dealing with dissatisfied customers. At the same time it can give you the most rewarding feeling when they leave the store as happy guests because you were able to satisfy their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with regular customers, knowing their first names and their purchase habits (i.e. what brand of cigarettes they smoke, do they play lotto, etc.), chatting up with them, asking how they are doing, and them appreciating your work.
Great place to work and enjoyed the opportunity.
National Account Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 25, 2014
Great place to work and enjoyed the opportunity. Very competitive market to compete and need to demonstrate the benefits of me and the product line.
Great Work Experience
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 24, 2014
I enjoyed working here, it gave me great work experience. it gave me customer experience along with retail experience, I gained alot from working at petro-canada.
we have to pay much attention
Customer service representative and cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
Learned so many things.
strong customer service experience
as smooth as pie
pharmacy assiatant (Former Employee), sarnia, ONApril 30, 2014
the work place
the colleagues
manager
pharmacist and patients everybody are nice and best place to work
Enterpreunrial and Exciting
Fort Hills Architect / PM support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2014
As an architect for numerous projects, this was company that listed to advice and made one feel a valuable member of the organization.

This was an exciting, dynamic and strong team oriented environment.
Very great experience amazing company!
Assistant Store Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Uxbridge, ONMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: very long commute, university conflicts
First of all, this was my very first actual job and great experience. My dad owns a 8 pump gas station with a convenience store. I was lucky to been given privilege as an assistant manager and also working as a cashier during the nights. It was very tough as I just turned 18 but the pressure my dad and his employees put me had made me succeed. My typical day at work would be to start my shift which is usually in the morning around 8 a.m., I would first go into the office and burn a copy of the daily video recordings and keep it for future use. I would check every employee shift report to make sure daily sales matches with cash count and make sure everything balances. At times it can be a couple dollars off but there is a certain limit of not more than $20 more or less. I would then greet customers and try to have a friendly conversation with them as a tactic to bring in more business. I would make sure the store has a great overall appearance at all times and make sure customers have all their issues sorted out. The management was small but it made things a lot easier to handle. Not a big staff but it was the right size. My co-workers were great and I made sure we all had a friendly understanding. I really enjoyed working here!
Perfact work place for a customer service experience
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2014
•Receive payment in exchange of filled gas or goods from the convenience shop
•Shelf Incoming goods
•Calculate total payments received at the end of the shift to tally with goods sold
•Keep balance sheets of amount received and transactions
•Performed daily line checks of hot and cold food items for proper temperature and monitored food safety.
•Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
okay
Student Engineer (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 1, 2014
Interesting work but the management in terrible. Working hours are very long.

1 2 3