Petro-Canada Employee Reviews

Customers all around
Customer Service Associate in Ottawa, Canada (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2016
Great customer relationship experience with tremendous support from the management and co-workers.
The work hours are fun filled because I get chance to interact with people from all age and different working backgrounds.
The best part of working as CSA is that here people instantly give feedback and scope of learning is spontaneous.
Fun Place to Work
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  1493 Finch Ave West28 October 2016
It is quite busy place and it's fun working there with amazing people you see everyday and you learn a lot by talking to people and have awesome co-workers.
casual day
Gas Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 October 2016
I had rarely dealt with other co-workers but when I did we worked well together. I have much better customer service skills ever since I've been dealing with customers every few minutes on average. During the winter I would have to shovel outside which was the hardest part. The best part was interacting with my customers.
Pros
competitions with employees and the winner gets a gift card
Casual
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB8 September 2016
Great working environment. I learned how to maintain a connivence store. Balance till, Sell products, gasonline, etc. As staff grew, 2,3 shifts every two weeks was hard to get by with. Job wasn't for me, Not enough manual labour.
Pros
Free coffee, Easy work place
Cons
Extra staff.
Learning and co-operative environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2016
One day, i was working with my day of work accomplice and the card exchange machine quit working. There was a long line of the clients and every one of them were sitting tight enthusiastically for their turn. it took 15-20 minutes to alter the issue. I was taking the money exchanges and attempting to keep the clients quiet. meanwhile, my associate went outside and posted the proper signs. the hardest part of the employment was restarting the machine. The agreeable part was keeping the clients quiet and giving them a fulfilled client administration.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
taking care of outside work when working alone
Easy. Semi-Enjoyable, Terrible Management
GSA (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 July 2016
As a GSA my typical day consisted of working the cash register, selling lotto/tobacco and maintaining the gas pumps and car wash. I learned great customer service skills and the ins and outs of good sales techniques. I worked my shifts alone but the other employees were friendly and helpful but the manager had a tendency to ignore his duties or push them all onto us GSAs then take credit for our work. The hardest part the fact that I worked alone so if I ever fell ill or had an emergency it was nearly impossible to get anyone else to cover for me which is totally understandable in a position such as this but definitely difficult at times. The most enjoyable part was all the lovely customers I had met and chatted with regularly that made the day a little brighter and easier to get through
Pros
Great customers, great hours, simple job
Cons
Management, single-person shift work
Customer and Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2016
It is productive to work with people of other culture and manage a retail store. Working with Petro-Canada gives feeling of belongingness.
Pros
Refreshments
Friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2016
I learn a lot about the Canadian workplace culture and customer service.
It has a friendly environment.
Nice and helpful manager.
The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
London, Ontario Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2016
My time working at Petro-Canada gas station taught me the importance of multi-tasking without losing focus on the important things. It was a fast paced job with people coming in and going, questions, demands and more questions but over all the staff members treated each other like family. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a speed to keep up with the customers coming in buying merchandise, the customers paying for gas or having issues with their debit/credit cards, and the customers waiting to play the lotto or buy scratch off tickets. The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
Cons
alone
Nightshifts are not too easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 February 2016
Some locations are dead at night, and therefore the shift really becomes a graveyard shift.

Some locations are more fun than others, with regards to the number of customers at past midnight.
Great fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC10 February 2016
Like this place always meeting new people on a daily basis
Gotta love the place you work at.

Great team work always something new to learn here
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING AT PETRO-CANADA. ALL MY CO-WORKERS WERE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND FRIENDLY. I LEARNED A LOT THERE. THEIR TRAINING MODULES ARE ALSO VERY INFORMATIVE.
Fast-phase working environment, enjoyed life-work balance, learned a lot
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2015
The branch where I am assigned is the busiest Petro-Canada as others would say so I get to enjoy the fast-phased working environment there. I learned a lot from customer service, product knowledge, to cars and whatnot . I have nothing to say bad about the management especially to my boss because she's been very helpful and understanding to us/ her staffs. My co-workers are mostly Filipinos so it's easy to adapt. The hardest part or the most challenging of the job I would say is arranging the stocks in the c-can. We have to ensure FIFO in all deliveries. The most enjoyable part I would say is cashiering because you get to deal with different kind of people. Getting to know some customers that turned to patrons.
Pros
Incentives every time we passed the audit or got 100% on the mystery shop
Cons
No health benefits
1st job in Canada
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
It is a good company to work for
but the organization keeps changing

sometimes you are asked to work crazy hours
and you need to go on shift
Good job but need to fulfill my aim that is becoming a successful Network Analyst
Customer service rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2015
• Operate company software, process transactions, correct records, and adjust errors.
• Train new employees.
• Respond to customer requests via phone, mail or in person.
• Prepare and forward preliminary paperwork to manager.
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB22 July 2015
Tim Hortons is an extremely fast paced work environment, it is very busy all day long. The hardest part I found was trying to keep up and have all the orders ready to go out the window once the driver pulled up and paid.
challenging and fun to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 July 2015
Very good for starters
Need to deal with different types of customers, which is really a learning experience
Talking and interacting with people is the best part of the job
Highly resourceful and productive atmosphere
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2015
Working with highly professional people helped me a lot in improving various skills which are essential for the current competitive world.I just love the team work and initiatives taken by the staffs to execute different tasks, which is brilliant.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Highly pressurised environment
Non-Stop fast pace environment
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee) –  Prince George BC24 June 2015
It was long and busy, couldn't get anything i had to get done in one day. Always on my toes and i didn't want to do anything after work.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
busy, no help
loved my experience
Quick Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 June 2015
i really felt like part of a team at Petro Canada Pennzoil on Dundas in Belleville Ontario, great work experience and i'm happy to know there is always a place for me there if i was decide to go back there for a working position, or as a satisfied customer!
Pros
family came with the co=workers
Cons
far from home