Petro-Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
London, Ontario Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 12, 2016
My time working at Petro-Canada gas station taught me the importance of multi-tasking without losing focus on the important things. It was a fast paced job with people coming in and going, questions, demands and more questions but over all the staff members treated each other like family. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a speed to keep up with the customers coming in buying merchandise, the customers paying for gas or having issues with their debit/credit cards, and the customers waiting to play the lotto or buy scratch off tickets. The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
Cons
alone
Customer and Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 11, 2016
It is productive to work with people of other culture and manage a retail store. Working with Petro-Canada gives feeling of belongingness.
Pros
Refreshments
Cons
Nightshifts are not too easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Some locations are dead at night, and therefore the shift really becomes a graveyard shift.

Some locations are more fun than others, with regards to the number of customers at past midnight.
Friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2016
I learn a lot about the Canadian workplace culture and customer service.
It has a friendly environment.
Nice and helpful manager.
Great fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Like this place always meeting new people on a daily basis
Gotta love the place you work at.

Great team work always something new to learn here
Fast-phase working environment, enjoyed life-work balance, learned a lot
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2015
The branch where I am assigned is the busiest Petro-Canada as others would say so I get to enjoy the fast-phased working environment there. I learned a lot from customer service, product knowledge, to cars and whatnot . I have nothing to say bad about the management especially to my boss because she's been very helpful and understanding to us/ her staffs. My co-workers are mostly Filipinos so it's easy to adapt. The hardest part or the most challenging of the job I would say is arranging the stocks in the c-can. We have to ensure FIFO in all deliveries. The most enjoyable part I would say is cashiering because you get to deal with different kind of people. Getting to know some customers that turned to patrons.
Pros
Incentives every time we passed the audit or got 100% on the mystery shop
Cons
No health benefits
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING AT PETRO-CANADA. ALL MY CO-WORKERS WERE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND FRIENDLY. I LEARNED A LOT THERE. THEIR TRAINING MODULES ARE ALSO VERY INFORMATIVE.
Good job but need to fulfill my aim that is becoming a successful Network Analyst
Customer service rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
• Operate company software, process transactions, correct records, and adjust errors.
• Train new employees.
• Respond to customer requests via phone, mail or in person.
• Prepare and forward preliminary paperwork to manager.
Highly resourceful and productive atmosphere
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Working with highly professional people helped me a lot in improving various skills which are essential for the current competitive world.I just love the team work and initiatives taken by the staffs to execute different tasks, which is brilliant.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Highly pressurised environment
loved my experience
Quick Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 10, 2015
i really felt like part of a team at Petro Canada Pennzoil on Dundas in Belleville Ontario, great work experience and i'm happy to know there is always a place for me there if i was decide to go back there for a working position, or as a satisfied customer!
Pros
family came with the co=workers
Cons
far from home
1st job in Canada
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2015
It is a good company to work for
but the organization keeps changing

sometimes you are asked to work crazy hours
and you need to go on shift
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABJuly 22, 2015
Tim Hortons is an extremely fast paced work environment, it is very busy all day long. The hardest part I found was trying to keep up and have all the orders ready to go out the window once the driver pulled up and paid.
challenging and fun to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 14, 2015
Very good for starters
Need to deal with different types of customers, which is really a learning experience
Talking and interacting with people is the best part of the job
Non-Stop fast pace environment
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee) –  Prince George BCJune 24, 2015
It was long and busy, couldn't get anything i had to get done in one day. Always on my toes and i didn't want to do anything after work.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
busy, no help
Fast, attentive, and safety mindset is a must.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Must be able to deal with a very fast paced day. Hundreds of customer transactions per shift. Always have an eye on surroundings and be aware of potential hazards at all times. Most important is customer service, fast, friendly, and effective service so our guests feel appreciated.
Productive and a fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 4, 2014
A typical day is very relaxing but can also become busy. I've learned how to work in a very fast paced environment, dealing with customers problems and how to properly greet customers.The management at Petro-Canada is very open on what you can do at work, as long as you get all your work done. Since I work night shifts, i am alone but when I see my co-workers they are very friendly and enjoyable. Hardest part of the job is working throughout the night all by myself, it becomes very lonely on slow nights. Most enjoyable part of the job is it goes by fast when I get very busy.
Pros
it can keep you very busy which makes time go by much quicker.
Cons
night shifts, can be very slow, restrictions on cleaning since i work alone.
Great place to work!
Retail Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 23, 2014
It's fun to interact with guests and co-workers. There is no boring day. Hardest part of the job is dealing with dissatisfied customers. At the same time it can give you the most rewarding feeling when they leave the store as happy guests because you were able to satisfy their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with regular customers, knowing their first names and their purchase habits (i.e. what brand of cigarettes they smoke, do they play lotto, etc.), chatting up with them, asking how they are doing, and them appreciating your work.
Perfact work place for a customer service experience
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2014
•Receive payment in exchange of filled gas or goods from the convenience shop
•Shelf Incoming goods
•Calculate total payments received at the end of the shift to tally with goods sold
•Keep balance sheets of amount received and transactions
•Performed daily line checks of hot and cold food items for proper temperature and monitored food safety.
•Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
Easy job, flexible schedule
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 16, 2013
This job was alright for the first bit, then the customers start to get to you and you lose all faith in humanity. The only reason I stayed with them was because I was going to school at the time and they were very flexible with hours. There was also a very high turn over rate (which is surprising considering how easy the job was) so I was forced to train a lot of people who would end up quitting within a month.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
zero opportunities for advancement, no raises ever
not a safe workplace especially at grave shift (11pm-7am)
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2012
working at grave shift is not a busy but a lot of things to do. Since it's my first job to work as a cashier i learned to deal with customers. The management is good as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when I worked alone during grave shift and it is not safe to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you met kind customers
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not safe to work at grave shift. the location is not safe