Petro-Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-phase working environment, enjoyed life-work balance, learned a lot
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Incentives every time we passed the audit or got 100% on the mystery shop
Cons: No health benefits
The branch where I am assigned is the busiest Petro-Canada as others would say so I get to enjoy the fast-phased working environment there. I learned a lot from customer service, product knowledge, to cars and whatnot . I have nothing to say bad about the management especially to my boss because she's been very helpful and understanding to us/ her staffs. My co-workers are mostly Filipinos so it's easy to adapt. The hardest part or the most challenging of the job I would say is arranging the stocks in the c-can. We have to ensure FIFO in all deliveries. The most enjoyable part I would say is cashiering because you get to deal with different kind of people. Getting to know some customers that turned to patrons.
The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
London, Ontario Gas Attendant (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 12, 2016
Cons: alone
My time working at Petro-Canada gas station taught me the importance of multi-tasking without losing focus on the important things. It was a fast paced job with people coming in and going, questions, demands and more questions but over all the staff members treated each other like family. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a speed to keep up with the customers coming in buying merchandise, the customers paying for gas or having issues with their debit/credit cards, and the customers waiting to play the lotto or buy scratch off tickets. The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
Nightshifts are not too easy
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Some locations are dead at night, and therefore the shift really becomes a graveyard shift.

Some locations are more fun than others, with regards to the number of customers at past midnight.
Customer and Retail Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 11, 2016
Pros: Refreshments
Cons: long hours
It is productive to work with people of other culture and manage a retail store. Working with Petro-Canada gives feeling of belongingness.
Great fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duncan, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Like this place always meeting new people on a daily basis
Gotta love the place you work at.

Great team work always something new to learn here
Friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2016
I learn a lot about the Canadian workplace culture and customer service.
It has a friendly environment.
Nice and helpful manager.
Geophysicist working in a junior oil company
Senior Geophysicist (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, Tripoli, LibyaNovember 19, 2013
Pros: pros: highly motivated
Cons: cons: low salary, job security (junior company)
Basinwell is a junior oil company focusing on the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. The company is putting emphasis on producing oil from old fields by re-entry/re-completion, water flooding, and drill step-out wells.

As a geophysicist, my work is to validate the leads /prospects /acquisition proposals from the geologists by using seismic data.

I am also actively involved in the opportunity hunting process by analyzing well, land and engineering data (GeoScout) in combination with seismic data.

The hardest part of this job is to make decision based on limited data (seismic data is expensive here). The most enjoyable part is that your achievements are recognized and appreciated by the management.
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING AT PETRO-CANADA. ALL MY CO-WORKERS WERE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND FRIENDLY. I LEARNED A LOT THERE. THEIR TRAINING MODULES ARE ALSO VERY INFORMATIVE.
Highly resourceful and productive atmosphere
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Professionalism
Cons: Highly pressurised environment
Working with highly professional people helped me a lot in improving various skills which are essential for the current competitive world.I just love the team work and initiatives taken by the staffs to execute different tasks, which is brilliant.
Excellent team environment
Corporate Communications Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and compensation
Petro-Canada had a strong team culture and environment. I had the opportunity to build excellent working relationships.
1st job in Canada
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2015
It is a good company to work for
but the organization keeps changing

sometimes you are asked to work crazy hours
and you need to go on shift
Good job but need to fulfill my aim that is becoming a successful Network Analyst
Customer service rep, Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
• Operate company software, process transactions, correct records, and adjust errors.
• Train new employees.
• Respond to customer requests via phone, mail or in person.
• Prepare and forward preliminary paperwork to manager.
Easy job, flexible schedule
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 16, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: zero opportunities for advancement, no raises ever
This job was alright for the first bit, then the customers start to get to you and you lose all faith in humanity. The only reason I stayed with them was because I was going to school at the time and they were very flexible with hours. There was also a very high turn over rate (which is surprising considering how easy the job was) so I was forced to train a lot of people who would end up quitting within a month.
Productive and a fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 4, 2014
Pros: it can keep you very busy which makes time go by much quicker.
Cons: night shifts, can be very slow, restrictions on cleaning since i work alone.
A typical day is very relaxing but can also become busy. I've learned how to work in a very fast paced environment, dealing with customers problems and how to properly greet customers.The management at Petro-Canada is very open on what you can do at work, as long as you get all your work done. Since I work night shifts, i am alone but when I see my co-workers they are very friendly and enjoyable. Hardest part of the job is working throughout the night all by myself, it becomes very lonely on slow nights. Most enjoyable part of the job is it goes by fast when I get very busy.
challenging and fun to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 14, 2015
Very good for starters
Need to deal with different types of customers, which is really a learning experience
Talking and interacting with people is the best part of the job
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABJuly 22, 2015
Tim Hortons is an extremely fast paced work environment, it is very busy all day long. The hardest part I found was trying to keep up and have all the orders ready to go out the window once the driver pulled up and paid.
loved my experience
Quick Lube Technician (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: family came with the co=workers
Cons: far from home
i really felt like part of a team at Petro Canada Pennzoil on Dundas in Belleville Ontario, great work experience and i'm happy to know there is always a place for me there if i was decide to go back there for a working position, or as a satisfied customer!
Non-Stop fast pace environment
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee), Prince George BCJune 24, 2015
Pros: happy environment
Cons: busy, no help
It was long and busy, couldn't get anything i had to get done in one day. Always on my toes and i didn't want to do anything after work.
Working in a great work place
Crew (Former Employee), KitchenerMay 6, 2013
When I worked at Perto- Canada a typical day would be to clean around the pumps, change the garbages , make coffee, stocked the shelfs, I have learned that sometimes if the pumps don't work right we get yelled at by the customers and its not our fault. The Management was okay they were never really there when we were working so it was hard when the customers asked to speak with the manger because they were never there, My co-workers work great, they always helped me when I needed it or I would help them when they needed it, the hardest part of the job would have been the lotto because sometimes I get the 2 mixed up. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been working with the people I worked with and just having a part time job and getting out of the house
Great place to work and enjoyed the opportunity.
National Account Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 25, 2014
Great place to work and enjoyed the opportunity. Very competitive market to compete and need to demonstrate the benefits of me and the product line.