Petro-Canada Employee Reviews

customers are worst part
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
Their policy are worst, very low pay.. every other month there is a mystery shop where u have to be 100 % otherwise u will loose ur job, as a employee u have to deal with 800 to 1000 customers per 8 hour shift.
Great Management, fun place to work, developed good relationships
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 May 2017
The management was fantastic, concerns and issues were address immediately.
A typical 8 hour work day included cleaning, stocking, inventory of tobacco and lottery, end of day closing responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was our regular customers and the relationships that were built.
Simple job with good hours but no room for self-improvement
GUEST SALES ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2017
Petro-Canada is a great location to work for younger individuals looking for work experience, or older individuals who have no desire to improve themselves and are accepting of a position with no room for further self-development or career advancement.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
No Advancements
Night shift cashier (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC4 April 2017
good environment to work in with good coworkers.
flexible hours
customers were very friendly and appreciated my service
workplace was always kept clean and safe
very productive and fun enviroment
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Shipping receiving; numbers driven on accuracy working with frontline supervisors very diversified workforce.Supplier of food stuff.
Great place to work.
Productive, Gained strong customer service skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 March 2017
It was a great experience working with the team of petro-canada. The location where i was placed was one of the busiest center and hence I learnt great multi-tasking skills and handling number of customers with satisfying service.
Not a bad place, but not the best either
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 March 2017
As with any convenience store job, aside from assisting customers, there is always cleaning. The management at the stores I worked with were very friendly and flexible. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the trouble customers and the typical shoplifters.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere
Cons
Not big for advancement
Learning experiene
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
I mainly took care of customers but there is very big imbalance between the workers that work there an no one expresses it or does anything about it. It was my very first jobs and I learned a lot from it such as being calm in certain situations and knowing how to problem solve on the spot. It taught me how to treat customers in the most effective way to be able to have them back in the store.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
imbalance of work
Good place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
I enjoyed working for the company, the environment is very friendly and the overall professionalism of the company as a whole impressed me.
Customer service
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 January 2017
dealing with customers directly, dealing with suppliers..
good experience directly with customers and suppliers
pricing, inventory, safety
dealing with different type of customers
Excellent Company to Work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB12 January 2017
I was really happy working for Petro-Canada (Max Fuel Distributors Ltd) Fox Creek, AB.

Petro-Canada has many opportunities and room for advance, most people are awesome and very professional, excellent team players and nice.

Petro-Canada is not just a job it is a university.

The hardest part of the job is as usual at the beginning to learn the main scope of work, but within the time becomes so easy and enjoyable, every day you can learn more useful things, networking and creating excellent customer relations is a key part of the success. As manager you have the chance to create a good profile, and you have all the support you need, hire people you believe are awesome assets for the company and loyal to Petro-Canada and the marketer you are managing for. If you work honestly and focused, they really value your contribution to the company. One of the things I love the most is the fact that they always listen to you and have respect for your opinion and help you to achieve your goals, projects within the company and always they like to accept your suggestions to improve every facility in all aspects, safety, health, use of PPE when applicable, I love the weekly safety meeting and the monthly safety meetings with the health and safety manager.
Pros
Flexibility, team work, room for advance, benefits.
Customers all around
Customer Service Associate in Ottawa, Canada (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2016
Great customer relationship experience with tremendous support from the management and co-workers.
The work hours are fun filled because I get chance to interact with people from all age and different working backgrounds.
The best part of working as CSA is that here people instantly give feedback and scope of learning is spontaneous.
Fun Place to Work
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  1493 Finch Ave West28 October 2016
It is quite busy place and it's fun working there with amazing people you see everyday and you learn a lot by talking to people and have awesome co-workers.
casual day
Gas Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 October 2016
I had rarely dealt with other co-workers but when I did we worked well together. I have much better customer service skills ever since I've been dealing with customers every few minutes on average. During the winter I would have to shovel outside which was the hardest part. The best part was interacting with my customers.
Pros
competitions with employees and the winner gets a gift card
Casual
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB8 September 2016
Great working environment. I learned how to maintain a connivence store. Balance till, Sell products, gasonline, etc. As staff grew, 2,3 shifts every two weeks was hard to get by with. Job wasn't for me, Not enough manual labour.
Pros
Free coffee, Easy work place
Cons
Extra staff.
Learning and co-operative environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2016
One day, i was working with my day of work accomplice and the card exchange machine quit working. There was a long line of the clients and every one of them were sitting tight enthusiastically for their turn. it took 15-20 minutes to alter the issue. I was taking the money exchanges and attempting to keep the clients quiet. meanwhile, my associate went outside and posted the proper signs. the hardest part of the employment was restarting the machine. The agreeable part was keeping the clients quiet and giving them a fulfilled client administration.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
taking care of outside work when working alone
Easy. Semi-Enjoyable, Terrible Management
GSA (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 July 2016
As a GSA my typical day consisted of working the cash register, selling lotto/tobacco and maintaining the gas pumps and car wash. I learned great customer service skills and the ins and outs of good sales techniques. I worked my shifts alone but the other employees were friendly and helpful but the manager had a tendency to ignore his duties or push them all onto us GSAs then take credit for our work. The hardest part the fact that I worked alone so if I ever fell ill or had an emergency it was nearly impossible to get anyone else to cover for me which is totally understandable in a position such as this but definitely difficult at times. The most enjoyable part was all the lovely customers I had met and chatted with regularly that made the day a little brighter and easier to get through
Pros
Great customers, great hours, simple job
Cons
Management, single-person shift work
Customer and Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2016
It is productive to work with people of other culture and manage a retail store. Working with Petro-Canada gives feeling of belongingness.
Pros
Refreshments
Friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2016
I learn a lot about the Canadian workplace culture and customer service.
It has a friendly environment.
Nice and helpful manager.
The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
London, Ontario Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2016
My time working at Petro-Canada gas station taught me the importance of multi-tasking without losing focus on the important things. It was a fast paced job with people coming in and going, questions, demands and more questions but over all the staff members treated each other like family. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a speed to keep up with the customers coming in buying merchandise, the customers paying for gas or having issues with their debit/credit cards, and the customers waiting to play the lotto or buy scratch off tickets. The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
Cons
alone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petro-Canada. Our community is ready to answer.