Petro-Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Learning and co-operative environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 17, 2016
One day, i was working with my day of work accomplice and the card exchange machine quit working. There was a long line of the clients and every one of them were sitting tight enthusiastically for their turn. it took 15-20 minutes to alter the issue. I was taking the money exchanges and attempting to keep the clients quiet. meanwhile, my associate went outside and posted the proper signs. the hardest part of the employment was restarting the machine. The agreeable part was keeping the clients quiet and giving them a fulfilled client administration.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
taking care of outside work when working alone
Easy. Semi-Enjoyable, Terrible Management
GSA (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 12, 2016
As a GSA my typical day consisted of working the cash register, selling lotto/tobacco and maintaining the gas pumps and car wash. I learned great customer service skills and the ins and outs of good sales techniques. I worked my shifts alone but the other employees were friendly and helpful but the manager had a tendency to ignore his duties or push them all onto us GSAs then take credit for our work. The hardest part the fact that I worked alone so if I ever fell ill or had an emergency it was nearly impossible to get anyone else to cover for me which is totally understandable in a position such as this but definitely difficult at times. The most enjoyable part was all the lovely customers I had met and chatted with regularly that made the day a little brighter and easier to get through
Pros
Great customers, great hours, simple job
Cons
Management, single-person shift work
Customer and Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 11, 2016
It is productive to work with people of other culture and manage a retail store. Working with Petro-Canada gives feeling of belongingness.
Pros
Refreshments
Cons
The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
London, Ontario Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 12, 2016
My time working at Petro-Canada gas station taught me the importance of multi-tasking without losing focus on the important things. It was a fast paced job with people coming in and going, questions, demands and more questions but over all the staff members treated each other like family. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a speed to keep up with the customers coming in buying merchandise, the customers paying for gas or having issues with their debit/credit cards, and the customers waiting to play the lotto or buy scratch off tickets. The most enjoyable part of this job was without a doubt the regular customers.
Cons
alone
Nightshifts are not too easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Some locations are dead at night, and therefore the shift really becomes a graveyard shift.

Some locations are more fun than others, with regards to the number of customers at past midnight.
Great fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Like this place always meeting new people on a daily basis
Gotta love the place you work at.

Great team work always something new to learn here
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING AT PETRO-CANADA. ALL MY CO-WORKERS WERE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND FRIENDLY. I LEARNED A LOT THERE. THEIR TRAINING MODULES ARE ALSO VERY INFORMATIVE.
Fast-phase working environment, enjoyed life-work balance, learned a lot
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2015
The branch where I am assigned is the busiest Petro-Canada as others would say so I get to enjoy the fast-phased working environment there. I learned a lot from customer service, product knowledge, to cars and whatnot . I have nothing to say bad about the management especially to my boss because she's been very helpful and understanding to us/ her staffs. My co-workers are mostly Filipinos so it's easy to adapt. The hardest part or the most challenging of the job I would say is arranging the stocks in the c-can. We have to ensure FIFO in all deliveries. The most enjoyable part I would say is cashiering because you get to deal with different kind of people. Getting to know some customers that turned to patrons.
Pros
Incentives every time we passed the audit or got 100% on the mystery shop
Cons
No health benefits
1st job in Canada
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2015
It is a good company to work for
but the organization keeps changing

sometimes you are asked to work crazy hours
and you need to go on shift
Good job but need to fulfill my aim that is becoming a successful Network Analyst
Customer service rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
• Operate company software, process transactions, correct records, and adjust errors.
• Train new employees.
• Respond to customer requests via phone, mail or in person.
• Prepare and forward preliminary paperwork to manager.
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABJuly 22, 2015
Tim Hortons is an extremely fast paced work environment, it is very busy all day long. The hardest part I found was trying to keep up and have all the orders ready to go out the window once the driver pulled up and paid.
challenging and fun to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 14, 2015
Very good for starters
Need to deal with different types of customers, which is really a learning experience
Talking and interacting with people is the best part of the job
Highly resourceful and productive atmosphere
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Working with highly professional people helped me a lot in improving various skills which are essential for the current competitive world.I just love the team work and initiatives taken by the staffs to execute different tasks, which is brilliant.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Highly pressurised environment
Non-Stop fast pace environment
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee) –  Prince George BCJune 24, 2015
It was long and busy, couldn't get anything i had to get done in one day. Always on my toes and i didn't want to do anything after work.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
busy, no help
loved my experience
Quick Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 10, 2015
i really felt like part of a team at Petro Canada Pennzoil on Dundas in Belleville Ontario, great work experience and i'm happy to know there is always a place for me there if i was decide to go back there for a working position, or as a satisfied customer!
Pros
family came with the co=workers
Cons
far from home
Excellent team environment
Corporate Communications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Petro-Canada had a strong team culture and environment. I had the opportunity to build excellent working relationships.
Pros
excellent benefits and compensation
Fast, attentive, and safety mindset is a must.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Must be able to deal with a very fast paced day. Hundreds of customer transactions per shift. Always have an eye on surroundings and be aware of potential hazards at all times. Most important is customer service, fast, friendly, and effective service so our guests feel appreciated.
Good
Gsa (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Great Place to work. Got to meet losts of interesting people.
Formatrice
Formatrice (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2014
implementing a new receivable system WTBS and one-on-one coaching with credit staff
Great work setting for high school, first job students
Gas Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Hamburg, ONNovember 11, 2014
Gas pumper
Propane exchange
Car wash sales
1 Manager/ owner
Pros
outdoors, friendly customers
Cons
unfit for graduated or pursue as a career path