The Maintenance Planner is accountable for detailed maintenance planning, scheduling, cost estimating and control functions in general to maximize mechanical availability while achieving budgeted targets in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. They must also supply planning support for projects and major maintenance events in the respective area.
- Maximize resource productivity by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation
- Preparation of job plans ready for scheduling detailing parts, materials, special tools, external services and documentation with planned costs
- Identification of safety, Environmental Health & Safety, permit and communication requirements.
- Preparation of job plans to include the sequencing of associated tasks, taking into account multi-craft alignment
- Maintain and continuously improve job plans
- Maintain bills of materials (Bill Of Material's)
- Maintain work centre capacities
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Journeyperson Trade Certification
- Must have Grade 12 or GED
- Dynamic individual with 2-5 years or more maintenance planning experience in the petrochemical industry , mining or forestry
- A working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (preferably Maximo or SAP) and material management systems
- Proficient with Microsoft office products such as Word & Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational and communication skills. Administrative and leadership skills are also required
- The successful candidates will have a detailed and thorough knowledge of production equipment and control systems in the petrochemical industry
- An effective communicator with the ability to develop positive working relations across a multitude of business units is an asset
- Motivated, self starter who can work well independently or within a team environment
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, performances measures, scheduling tools and techniques
- A structured, logical way of approaching things and able to work with complexity
This opportunity is based in Ft Mac Murray as a staff member.