Peterborough Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Crisis Response Unit
Crisis Response Unit RN (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 9, 2016
It was a challenging and demanding position for an experienced mental health nurse with clients assessed by both RNs and RPNs from four regional areas. Learned how to strategically plan and coordinate care for a variety of mental health clients in crisis situations. Management was laissez-faire leadership style, not intended for a new grad. Enjoyed collaborating with community partners, using motivational interviewing and linking clients to community resources.
Very busy and fast paced environment where you grow and develop everyday.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 15, 2015
Pros: support of ongoing education, management support, team work from co workers .
Cons: Long hours, fast paced, over crowded clinics.
A very fast paced environment with experienced and well educated nursing staff and supportive management. Many policy's and procedures in place for a safe and professional environment.
worst hospital I've ever worked at
RN (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: the people on my unit work well together and the pay is good
Cons: just about everything else
The people on my unit are great, which is the only reason I have stayed so long. Management only cares about money. It's certainly not 'Patient Centered Care'. We are always running short, and many nurses on our floor have been injured, despite what the sign near the staff entrance says. The hospital is top heavy with management, and too short of nurses. The contract seems to mean nothing, as management does whatever they want. Unfortunately, they hospital know they have the power, as the best paying jobs for nurses in the area. It's a shame community nursing doesn't pay better...
We have to pay $$$ for parking. The cafeteria closes at 1700 during the week and is not even open on the weekends. There is now a Tim' s kiosk open 24/7 which is hugely overpriced. Big brother is always watching as well.. we now have swipe in and out of work. It's always been practice that you show up 15 minutes before work and give report, then leave. Now, we have to wait until 0700/1900 to swipe out, or we got docked 15 minutes.
Sigh... frustrating....
Always prepared
Porter (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Always have drinks in the fridge and water in the water cooler
Cons: Not many different kinds of juice
They always have drinks in the fridge and water in the water cooler. They always have everything prepared, they can fill a shift quickly if someone can't come in and they are always friendly and personable. Volunteers are always available to take a shift if another volunteer can't come in. The staff in the Volunteer Services are always there, friendly and you can always talk to them.
I enjoy my work in the ICU
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 27, 2015
I have worked in a ICU setting for the last 28 years of my 40 years of working. I have worked in three different centres and I must say I have enjoyed my time at PRHC. We have a great Manager who tries to accomadate you within the guidelines of the union contract, I must say its not easy being a Manager of over 100 staff, so I feel she does a good job. I enjoy the change and challenges that can occur within your work day as I am quite flexible and deal well with change. I also enjoy teaching new staff who I have had the opportunity of precepting
Welcoming work place
Nursing Student- Occupational Health (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 4, 2015
My time at Peterborough Regional Health Center was filled with many well educated and experienced nurses who were more than willing to teach and pass their knowledge and skills along to me.
Great Job
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great workplace atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
All shifts are 8 hours long, latest shift being 8:00pm. Management is great, co-workers are even better, and most of all I enjoy my job! Can't get any better than that.
Good environment and good people to work with.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 10, 2014
I did not actually had a chance to work in this hospital. It was just a part of my field placement for a month to get trained in hospital pharmacy. But I met some of the amazing people in the people who are always there to teach me and making my leaning easier. They helped me understand how a hospital pharmacy works and I achieved a good experience in hospital pharmacy.
This was a position that I loved and hoped to retire from!
Benefits & Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 3, 2012
Pros: personal satisfaction, educational opportunities, respect of management and employees.
Cons: none. i truly loved my job!
This position was in health care which is a world unto its' own. It was a position when I enjoyed going to work each day. Depending on the management team in place, I worked as either the benefits administrator or a generalist. In the generalist role I performed everything from labour relations, health & safety, return to work, pay equity, salary and benefits and recruitment. It was a multi-union employer where I had to ensure my knowledge of all collective agreements was current.
I had the personal satisfaction and the respect of being the human part of human resources.
It was a sad day when due to amalgamation and duplication of services which occurred in most health care facilities that my job was eliminated