Discover the Petcurean Difference
Petcurean is an independent, Canadian-owned business that’s been around since 1999 and we are growing rapidly. We're a happy, motivated and hard-working group of pet lovers united in our mission to make Petcurean the best it can be.
We always have room for a few more in our pack
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our Finance team. You have the proven skills and abilities as well as a few years of experience completing accounts receivable and payables procedures and general finances administration. You are a very detailed orientated person with accounting software experience as well as strong computer skills. Your sound judgement and ability to manage a multitude of priorities and deadlines is essential. You effectively manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and you work well with a wide variety of people. You have a can do attitude and possess a proven track record for being a strong team player. You are a resourceful self-starter who thrives in a team environment and enjoys a busy office environment.
Your Qualifications include:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting role coupled with some post-secondary accounting education or course work completed; or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Proven understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft with an emphasis on Excel, and computerized accounting
- Multi-skilled professional who has excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Sound judgment and ability to manage a multitude of priorities and deadlines with rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to exhibit a senior level of professionalism
- An ability to coordinate several different tasks and work within a busy office environment
- Strong organization and time management with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proactive approach; always seeking new and innovative strategies and ideas with a “can do” attitude
- Motivated self-starter, able and willing to contribute thoughts and ideas
- Dependability, flexibility, and reliability
Petcurean believes that our People set us apart; we offer a dynamic, fun, supportive team environment that fosters long-term relationships. This is a full time permanent role with a competitive salary plus benefits.
Working in the warmest city in Canada is also a big plus! The position will be based out of Petcurean’s head office in beautiful Chilliwack.
To apply, please go to www.petcurean.com/employment
Applications will be accepted until September 15th. Please provide a cover letter and resume.