PetSmart is currently seeking a strong Store Manager for our North Vancouver, British Columbia store. As one of our associates you will be trained in everything from how to be a better Pet Detective to polishing your managerial skills. You will represent our vision -- to provide Total Lifetime Care to every pet, every parent, every time by offering them support and services beyond compare.
As the Store Manager of a fast paced and fun environment, you will be managing 3-5 department managers and overseeing 25-30 hourly associates. You’ll be responsible for setting a clear vision for your team, providing leadership that will ensure excellent customer service, and developing high morale.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure the health and safety of the pets in our care
- Drive to generate sales
- Budget control including payroll, shrink, sales, operating expenses, P & L
- People management including staffing, scheduling, counseling, & motivating employees
- Associate Relations: coaching, performance reviews, succession planning, etc.
- Ensure positive customer experience
- Commitment to growing our services: Grooming Salon, Pet Training, Adoptions, Pet Care Department
- Ensure product is available to our customer at all times
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of seven years related experience working in a retail environment
- Minimum three years management experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comfortable operating various systems including: Microsoft Office, payroll, SAP, etc.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Our great benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive health plan: medical, dental, vision
- Stock Purchase Plan
- RRSP program
- Discount on PetSmart products and services
- Opportunities for career advancement
If you’re passionate about pets and want to build a dynamic retail career, then why not combine your love for pets with a rewarding career at PetSmart?
NOTE: PetSmart has several career advancing opportunities throughout the province (all management and non-management) and we welcome all applicants - you will have an opportunity to identify desired position in your application.
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...