Pet Valu Employee Review

very friendly and productive environment
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2014
Pet Valu HelpDesk is a very friendly environment to work in. It can get pretty intense with the call volume and technical issues therefore, to have a comfortable environment around you makes things less stressful. People are always greeting one another and assisting with difficult issues. We consider ourselves to be more of a team than anything else. Leadership always plays a role in the work environment and this helps others stay motivated and disciplined in the workplace.
Pros
very open and flexible environment, great manager
Cons
high call volume

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

Interesting, laid back working environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 February 2018
I love my job at Pet Valu. Since day one I've learned so much about animals and their proper care than I would have had I not applied. It's a self-directed job, meaning you tell yourself what needs to be done most days, so it builds your responsibility and accountability. You also get to see people's face light up when you give them the advice they need, or a new idea to bring excitement into their pet's lives.
Pros
Make meaningful connections with customers, be around animals
Cons
long hours, slow spells in customer walk ins.
PetValu Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 February 2018
Working at PetValu was very nice, I got to work with domestic pets which was very enjoyable. The store was small and not ever too packed. I also enjoyed working with the customers and not having a very strict environment. I also learned a lot about working inside an environment where I did not have a specific job, so I gained more learning experience and working with animals. The hours were also very nice, because it's very simple to open and close the stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.