Pet Valu Employee Review

My experience
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Dunnville Ontario14 August 2013
Working at Pet Valu there are many responsibilities.

A typical day at work for me is making sure the animals have fresh food and water and their cages are presentable for when customers come into the store.

I have learned many new things about different types of animals and nutritional facts about them so I can provide my best knowledge to any questions a customer may have, about what certain foods or medications they are thinking about for their animal.

The management at Pet Valu is great. Being a corporate store we do have a lot of pressure on us to meet certain sale requirements and if we aren't meeting them there is always a lot of help to try new things to find what will work best for all of us employees.

My co- workers are great, we all get along and we all work together to get the job done!

The hardest part of my job is when my manager is away on holidays, I take on most of the responsibilities to make sure the store is kept the way is should be.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with new people everyday, helping them, listening to them, and also meeting there pets.
Cons
not enough hours/ poor pay

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

most enjoyable part of the job
Sales clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 December 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job aside from the friendly and loyal customers was fun meeting and interacting with the animals that customers would bring in with them.
Pros
friendly open door policy
Cons
some heavy bags of dog food..lol
Hostile work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 December 2017
Love my regular customers and most my coworkers.
Manager is very unprofessional, bully’s who she doesn’t like, talks inappropriately about other staff as if it were high school.
Takes motivated and happy people and leaves them Completely defeated and feeling dumb even though they weren’t properly trained or given clear job expectations. District manager never comes to the store and when they do they just tell you the store looks wrong and leave.
Very disappointing.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5