Pet Valu Employee Review

My experience
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Dunnville Ontario14 August 2013
Working at Pet Valu there are many responsibilities.

A typical day at work for me is making sure the animals have fresh food and water and their cages are presentable for when customers come into the store.

I have learned many new things about different types of animals and nutritional facts about them so I can provide my best knowledge to any questions a customer may have, about what certain foods or medications they are thinking about for their animal.

The management at Pet Valu is great. Being a corporate store we do have a lot of pressure on us to meet certain sale requirements and if we aren't meeting them there is always a lot of help to try new things to find what will work best for all of us employees.

My co- workers are great, we all get along and we all work together to get the job done!

The hardest part of my job is when my manager is away on holidays, I take on most of the responsibilities to make sure the store is kept the way is should be.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with new people everyday, helping them, listening to them, and also meeting there pets.
not enough hours/ poor pay

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

Certified Pet Expert (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK15 March 2018
This store is a great place to work at, and you get wonderful training online. There is many things to learn, and always something new to learn everyday
Fun place to work at if you are interested about pet nutrition
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON6 March 2018
Pet Valu is committed to training their employees on how to educate customers on feeding their pets. A typical day at work includes answering customer questions about different brand of foods and cashing people out. It is fun to be apart of a great team who all work together as well. Hardest part of the job is learning about all the different brands of food, but once you grasp the main ones and what they do for different types of breeds it is okay. The most enjoyable part is seeing the fluffy customers or playing with kittens.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.