Pet Valu Employee Review

Productive environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fergus, On14 January 2014
I really enjoyed working at Pet Valu, A typical day at work was greeting all the customers as they walk in the door and asking them if they needed any help finding anything, I was also responsible for cleaning the work space (sweep, mop, dust, ect.) I would work alone most days so I was responsible of the whole store, re-stocking shelves, checking out customer, processing returns and helping the customer find what they needed. I learned a lot working at pet valu like how to use the till and money management skills, I also learned about animals and types of food for them. The hardest part of my job was memorizing all the food but after a while it sticks into your brain. My co-workers were very nice and we never had any problems it was a very good working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I helped a customer find something or understand something because when I saw them happy it made me feel like I helped them and so it made me happy.
Pros
good working environment, Friendly people
Cons
Not to many customers

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

Interesting, laid back working environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 February 2018
I love my job at Pet Valu. Since day one I've learned so much about animals and their proper care than I would have had I not applied. It's a self-directed job, meaning you tell yourself what needs to be done most days, so it builds your responsibility and accountability. You also get to see people's face light up when you give them the advice they need, or a new idea to bring excitement into their pet's lives.
Pros
Make meaningful connections with customers, be around animals
Cons
long hours, slow spells in customer walk ins.
PetValu Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 February 2018
Working at PetValu was very nice, I got to work with domestic pets which was very enjoyable. The store was small and not ever too packed. I also enjoyed working with the customers and not having a very strict environment. I also learned a lot about working inside an environment where I did not have a specific job, so I gained more learning experience and working with animals. The hours were also very nice, because it's very simple to open and close the stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.