Pet Valu Employee Review

Productive environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fergus, On14 January 2014
I really enjoyed working at Pet Valu, A typical day at work was greeting all the customers as they walk in the door and asking them if they needed any help finding anything, I was also responsible for cleaning the work space (sweep, mop, dust, ect.) I would work alone most days so I was responsible of the whole store, re-stocking shelves, checking out customer, processing returns and helping the customer find what they needed. I learned a lot working at pet valu like how to use the till and money management skills, I also learned about animals and types of food for them. The hardest part of my job was memorizing all the food but after a while it sticks into your brain. My co-workers were very nice and we never had any problems it was a very good working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I helped a customer find something or understand something because when I saw them happy it made me feel like I helped them and so it made me happy.
Pros
good working environment, Friendly people
Cons
Not to many customers

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 December 2017
Love my regular customers and most my coworkers.
Manager is very unprofessional, bully’s who she doesn’t like, talks inappropriately about other staff as if it were high school.
Takes motivated and happy people and leaves them Completely defeated and feeling dumb even though they weren’t properly trained or given clear job expectations. District manager never comes to the store and when they do they just tell you the store looks wrong and leave.
Very disappointing.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
alright place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
very easy going place with what was terrible management at the time. they don't train you very well though. which is slightly unfortunate. very easy to get a hang of things though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5