Pet Valu Employee Review

The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, New Brunswick31 January 2014
I had a client who came in not happy with what another company had offered to him. So I ask him all the questions just to be able to know exactly what he was looking for. After an half an hour I finally showed him what he needed and the client left happy. The next day he came back and thank me for the good service and the right product. There's nothing that makes me happier then having a client leaving my store happy. So that is one thing I love about customer service.
I learned that if you give your 100% at your job every day that you will full fill a lot in your life and you learn a lot of things.
Pros
loved my clientele and my co-workers
Cons
The store closed there doors

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

Interesting, laid back working environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 February 2018
I love my job at Pet Valu. Since day one I've learned so much about animals and their proper care than I would have had I not applied. It's a self-directed job, meaning you tell yourself what needs to be done most days, so it builds your responsibility and accountability. You also get to see people's face light up when you give them the advice they need, or a new idea to bring excitement into their pet's lives.
Pros
Make meaningful connections with customers, be around animals
Cons
long hours, slow spells in customer walk ins.
PetValu Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 February 2018
Working at PetValu was very nice, I got to work with domestic pets which was very enjoyable. The store was small and not ever too packed. I also enjoyed working with the customers and not having a very strict environment. I also learned a lot about working inside an environment where I did not have a specific job, so I gained more learning experience and working with animals. The hours were also very nice, because it's very simple to open and close the stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.