Personal Nanny

Personal Nanny Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work taking care of child, cook, clean
Nanny (Former Employee), whittierApril 28, 2014
I enjoy caring for children and taking the role of helping the parent with house and light cleaning and cooking and run errands.
REVIEW
Personal Nanny (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: i love working with children
Cons: i love working with children
This job was lovely in every aspect of the word. My ability to take a step back and become part of a childs life was an addition to my life in so many ways. I enjoyed the ability to help with daily scheduling within academic aspects as well as culture, music and art.
Nanny for a family member's infant
Part Time Nanny (Former Employee), South Bend, INMarch 23, 2014
Pros: i enjoy kids and i could move at my own pace
Cons: the pay was not sufficient nor were the hours
Taking care of children is always enjoyable . With this child I bottle fed, baby food fed, changed diapers and provided comfort.
The Nanny is here to save the day(:
Nanny (Former Employee), Batavia, OHFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: fun activities, constant engagement
Cons: wages
I was a personal nanny for a young couple who had a daughter, their work schedules collided, so I was called in. I worked about 9 hours a day, from around 4pm til 1am, about 5-6 days a week.I loved the job very much, I started watching their daughter at 9 months and was their nanny until their daughter was a little over one. A typical day was a lot – more... of running around mostly, I liked to do as many outside activities as possible. I took her to and from doctors appointments, or the store, wherever really. I did light housekeeping, and had to prep dinner. I got paid very little, which was the worst part but I still loved every second. The best part was I could do all the things I needed to do throughout the day and still do my work! The parents turned out to be sketchy people and after some conclusion I decided to quit (with notice, of course). All in all, it was a great experience for me and one day I hope to do it again! – less
The children were great to care for and became a part of my life.
Nanny (Former Employee), Halifax, MAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: the children were a pleasure to interact with as well as their mother.
Cons: compensation was not adequate.
Three children to care for that were very active and fun to interact with. It was very challenging but also taught patience and understanding. These kids have become a part of my family.
Fun job with sentimental feel
Nanny (Former Employee), Claremont, CAJuly 29, 2012
Pros: full-time with weekends off.
Cons: no healthcare.
A typical day is waking up and getting the children ready. They watch a little television, have breakfast, and play for a little while. The 4 year old gets ready for preschool, I bring her. The 2 year old and 6 1/2 year old and I get back home and throughout the day we play, read and write, do art and crafts, and get some exercise outdoors. We pick – more... up the 4 year old at school, we go to swim lessons in the afternoons and then when we get home we prepare for dinner. After dinner they take a bath, watch a movie, brush teeth, go potty and off to bed.

I learned to have patience. Also different ways to go about certain situations like teaching them how to share and respect other bodies (I.E. no hitting). I learned to ask them what they want.

Sometimes the hardest part is that it can sometimes be stressful.

The parents are great they respect me, and I get paid on a scheduled date.

The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the children, doing the things they enjoy, doing what I love, and seeing their smiling faces.

I love the job as a nanny and sorry it has to end when summer does. Next time I rather be a live-out nanny, but the experience was great! :) – less