ROLE: Intellectual Property Clerk
REPORTING TO: Manager Support Team
As part of the Support Team, this position will be responsible for patent prosecution with an emphasis on Canadian patents, design filing and docketing incoming correspondence and deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Preparing and filing Canadian patents and design applications
- Preparing and filing Office Action responses, preliminary amendments
- Processing inbound correspondence via fax, courier, mail, e-mail or hand delivery including docketing correspondence with due dates
- Preparing and filing VSA/IDS and downloading and saving prior art
- PATRICIA name records and handling Parties Tab in PATRICIA
- Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
Successful applicants will have the following attributes:
- 1-3 years experience with Canadian patent prosecution; docketing experience an asset
- Positive attitude, a passion to succeed, surpasses expectation, flexible and able to adapt to change
- Client service skills, having the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Well organized and the ability to prioritize work
- Career orientated, willing to develop and grow with the organization
- Prior experience on Patricia and PC Law is an asset
Please send your cover letter and resume. PCK would like to thank all applicants for their interest in PCK. Please note only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Perry+Currier Inc. provides patent and trademark agency services. We procure and manage worldwide intellectual property portfolios for...