Articling Student (10 Month Assignment)
Company Profile: PCK website: www.pckip.com
PCK is a leading Canadian intellectual property practice founded by Stephen Perry and Andrew Currier, recognized thought leaders in Canadian Intellectual Property Law.
PCK comprises of two firms: Perry + Currier Inc., a patent and trademark agency, and Currier + Kao LLP, a law firm regulated by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Reports to the Vice President (Articling Principal) and President, the Articling Student will perform professional legal work and provide timely legal assistance on general and specialty legal issues.
- Draft and review legal documents, reports and correspondence as required for Lawyers and Patent/Trademark Agents, focusing on Intellectual Property Law
- Conducts legal research and maintains awareness of current provincial and federal legislation and regulations that may impact PCK
- Research and write material for the Canadian Patent Law book
- Recommending and overseeing amendments to existing policies and procedures as a result of relevant legislative or regulatory changes
- Maintains current news on IP Law through twitter, company website and PCK Reporter
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- Registered as a candidate in the Licensing Process under the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to structure information clearly, concisely and logically
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Candidates with strong technical backgrounds and technical undergraduate degrees are encouraged, but not required
- Interest in Intellectual Property is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Please submit your resume and cover letter online no later than June 10th, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.