Toronto start-up looking to add a Part time or co-op web developer to join their team. The Company has developed a web-based, data analytic and reporting tool in the wireless space that will allow customers to interface with a secure, MS SQL database via Windows Azure. The Company has developed and deployed Version 1.0 and is looking for part time product development and product support.
The Candidate will be working alongside a lead architect in developing the front-end functionality and interface, as well as working alongside a client facing sales engineer in developing and creating a user interface.
This role will be very "hands on" and the candidate will be exposed to all aspects of a start-up (business, operations and development).
The concept is to provide customers with the ability to upload large volumes of data into an online database. Algorithms will then be applied to said data and through the use of a web based user interface, customers will then be able to mine information through i) standard reports, and ii) customizable queries.
The front end web interface has been designed with the following in mind:
- Compatible with all major web browsers (Internet Explorer 7+, Chrome, and Firefox.)
- Simple, intuitive, user friendly layout.
- Secure Authentication; possible LDAP integration
- Easily and detail oriented customizations.
- Solid understanding of relational database management systems (“RDBMS”) with a preference given to experience with MS SQL
- Experience with Silverlight and / or HTML 5 considered a plus
- .NET and C# experience is a must
- Ability to demonstrate past project that are similar in nature to this task
- Windows Azure experience a plus
Candidate must be able to be onsite from time to time (down town Toronto office location)