Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace environment and solid customer base
WAITRESS- I (Current Employee), Olean, NYApril 25, 2013
Pros: 50% off from meal while working and 20% off when not working
Cons: mandated breaks when only schedualed to work 4.5 hours. so you really only work 4 hour in a shift.
A typical day at work would include cleaning and lost of communications between customers, other servers and the cooks. I have learned to enter check orders in a micros operating system.
Management team is easy going and good listeners however there is not much reward for being a hard working employee. Co-workers are friendly, however some are not as – more... motivated to do the extra work as required. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask effectively and serve customer request accurately and efficiently. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. There are many regulars and the remember your name and ask for your service. – less
Oppressive work environment
Manager (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 18, 2013
The Manager, Luisa Chavez, rules with an iron fist. There is no flexibility of hours, and any concerns or complaints are met with "punishment" by scheduling changes. This restaurant does not offer health insurance, however, requires a physician's statement or the employees are required to work while ill.
a fair work enviorment
Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2013
Generally a fair place to work. No real complaints on this company.
Customer Service
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), West Allis, WIApril 16, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The hardestpart of the job was preparing take out orders, answering phones, and cashier all at once.
Fast Paced Environment
Team Lead (Current Employee), Sartell, MNApril 13, 2013
Fast paced environment creates close bond between employees as they rely on each other to perform tasks during busy periods. Teamwork is essential.
AM-Service Leader
AM-Service Leader (Former Employee), Sartell, MNApril 12, 2013
With the fact that I have extensive skills in customer service I was eager to begin this position. However, after working at this restaurant for a year, I began to see a lot of discourse between the owners and the general manager. This discourse trickled down through the various positions, especially those of us who were Assistant Managers (AM-Service – more... Leader). During my time with this company, change over was continuous and after recovering from a back injury that resulted in surgery, the owner felt that I was no longer capable of performing my duties to her standards and I was forced to leave. Other than this the servers, hosts and cooks did get along very well and helped to turn what could have been a bad working experience into one that was much more tolerable. – less
enjoyable place to work
cook (Former Employee), North Branch, MNApril 8, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: corporate took over
a few years ago this was one of the funniest places I had ever worked at!

Jesse the KM is awesome!!!!
Not the worst, but could be better
Prep and Head Cook (Current Employee), Dubois, P.A.April 2, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: no management.
It wasn't the worst place that I ever worked, but they have been having serious issues with keeping management, so at this time the place is running like a chicken with it's head cut off.
Homestyle comfort food
Prep Cook, Baker (Former Employee), New Ulm, MNMarch 24, 2013
All day breakfast and pastries. Worked a lot of prep and baking.
Great place for a first job.
Bus Person (Former Employee), Austintown, OHMarch 11, 2013
It is a great place for a first job and to learn what it's like to work.
not a good place to work
baker (Former Employee), bloomsburg, paMarch 9, 2013
Cons: everything
Management is terrible. Especially upper management. Lots of backstabbing and terrible hours. Management is always changing how to do things. Other managers transferred in want things done there way even though that is not the way it is done at our establishment. Terrible place to work.

Cathern – May 19, 2013

The upper management/owners don't have a clue what it's like to work with the public. They drive their fancy cars, live in their fancy houses, vacation where ever they want and drop by the restaurant maybe once a month. They do not deal with the real world of seniors on a fixed income or people out of work/or cut backs. They are not screamed at by guests or employees who think they do no wrong. They need to work a position for more than a couple hrs and see what the real world is like now!! The rules and policies are different in every store no wonder the turnover is so high. They say be consistent, what a joke. The only thing that's consistent is .....

loved working in the restaurant with people
Server (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didnt have good benefits
enjoyed working with customers showing my beautiful smlle
Met alot of fun peopl
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: discounted meal
Cons: none really
I was a disher here. was young. I just enjoyed it for the most part.
Out of business
Server (Former Employee), Cascade, MIJanuary 28, 2013
good place to work if you do not mind dealing with lower class of customers who do not always tip.
Wonderful group of people top to bottom.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: good staff, good food, high volume, rapid pace.
Cons: advancement was limited and the structure of the hours. not the amount worked, just the flexibility and time frames.
What I enjoyed most about this position was the constant problem solving and the interaction with our customers.
productive but stressful on home life
Hired April 2009 as a cook (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: personal and work life balance
great place to work and move up the company ladder. zero balance between work and home life. its Perkins or nothing
Fast paced restaurant, yet fun place to work where your superiors invest in your future.
General Manager (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: training and growth.
Cons: hours
Fast paced where I would need to make decisions quickly and accurately regarding employees and customers. Daily involvement with my management team, vendors, employees. Owner very involved in developement of all employees.
Productive place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 23, 2013
Great job fun people and cook great food all day long. Speak with waiters and waitresses and make money.
Fun fun fun
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 19, 2013
Cooking, ordering training employees, always a good time. Learned a lot about the kitchen aspect of the restaurant business.
Production Leader (Assistant Kitchen Manager) (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, fun environment
Cons: expensive insurance, large menu with constant changes
Enjoy the people I work with, friendly professional management staff, sub par benifits, room for improvement if you are willing to give it your all,