Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
its not just a family restaurant its a family paycheck
Server (Former Employee), Meadville, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: discount on meal
Cons: drama. constant drama
Too many family members working together on one shift. It causes tons of drama. Guests are nice and friendly and on a good day you can make a lot in tips.
Working in the Bakery and Hostess
Baker/Hostess (Former Employee), North Canton, OHAugust 22, 2013
Pros: 1/2 off menu
Cons: n/a
Learned alot about baking.Had fun working there. The hours where great.The co-workers where nice and easy to get along with.
Ok company to work for.
Book keeper (Current Employee), Roseville, MNAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free meals when i work
Cons: unbalanced work schedule, inconsistant hours and having to work a schedule that is days/overnights/days
A typical day of work for me is cooking or baking. This entails a ton of cleaning which has accumulated throughout the day it is hard work and there are time standards to meet. Some days are way too long others are much too short. I need a balanced hours/day work schedule as it is very hard on the body to go from days to night to back to days again. – more... Management as of late, has changed in a direction that I feel does not hold any concern for employees enjoying their jobs or their personal life. My coworkers are fun to work with for the most part. The hardest part of the job are the ridiculous time standards that the corporation has set to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is IF they notice something (this rarely happens) they tell you good job, or thank you. – less
Not good team work at least with the bus person hard to work there.
Busperson (Former Employee), Clarion, PAAugust 14, 2013
I worked mainly only weekends and felt disrespected. I didn't feel as though I was appreciated everyone else worked as a team but no one was willing to help me. Not a friendly place to work but pay was good and some associates were nice.
Pays well but bars holidays
Cook, Lead Cook (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 12, 2013
Friendly people and environment. I would show up and perform my duties as a cook. From time to time I would have to stay late due to coworkers not being prompt and on time but the pay made up for it.
A great job to balance school and work
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJAugust 1, 2013
This has been a great job in which I have met many great people but my time here is nearing an end. I have received my degree and would love to start working in my field of practice, nursing. I love the people I work with but would love even more to have a fulfilling career in nursing where I help people.
fun environment, good management, great customers
Hostess (Former Employee), Hastings, MNJuly 29, 2013
perkins helped me learn about customer service, it was a great first job to have! Management was great, customers were great, the job provided me with customer service experience that is needed in many other jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and meeting great customers.
Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Minocqua, WIJuly 27, 2013
I loved this job. I was always busy and I knew how to work every position of the restaurant. I had a great relationship with my employees and always worked hard and simply had a great time.
Okay
Shift leader/ Server (Former Employee), Ames, IAJuly 14, 2013
I enjoyed the opportunities they had available being a 24 hour open establishment.
Casual American food, great deserts, and friendly people.
Waitress (Former Employee), Sidney, OHJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good food
Cons: lack of cash
Although this was a good job there were no benefits and pay had a way of staying the same.
I would start off my day clocking in, washing my hands, and prepping salads, coleslaws, and anything we would need for our dinner rush. After everything was complete I would go to the back and start prepping muffins to be baked later than night. In the middle – more... of dinner rush everyone would help deliver food to tables and clean tables for new customers. After dinner rush we would prep up the containers, change all the pans and refill things for the morning shift.
The hardest part of the job I found there was weighing muffins. The fun part about the job was it was not really hard at all. – less
Very fun, friendly work environment with loyal customers.
Server (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 10, 2013
It was very fun and interesting to go to work every day. Everyone worked together so much it was just like a family. There were hectic times when it got busy, but everyone was very willing to help each other and get the work done quickly.
Family oriented work place
Hostess/waitress (Former Employee), Fridley, MNJuly 8, 2013
Perkins really gives you the family friendly vibe... But other than that it is just a typical restaurant environment.
good company
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Chaska, MNJune 27, 2013
Pros: discounted food items
Cons: too fast paced didnt cut it as a server
Great environment, a bit fast paced and busy, didnt like being a server but hosting was fun. worked cash register and got to know many regular customers
Enjoyable and productive workplace
SERVER (Former Employee), Warminster, PAJune 26, 2013
I really enjoyed working here. Everyone was really fun and nice. We could goof off but everyone got their work done too. I learned a lot there too. I learned how to cope with annoying customers in a calm way, not that I didn't know already. I just learned it more actually dealing with them more at this job. All in all it was a great experience working – more... here. – less
My favorite job
Server (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 25, 2013
I started of as a greeter, eventually became a server. I love it . Very organized , I would either work a 5 hour or 12 hour shift. I loved the co-workers, and being able to interact with people all day .
it was good
dishwasher (Former Employee), Mount Pocono, PAJune 21, 2013
i worked hard my mangers always told me that, it was easy,i moved fast got everything done on time
Perkins
Server (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJune 7, 2013
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: rarely had bussers or an expo person
It was a job, not much support or benefits, you kind of had to make your own way through there.
It's a job where you are surrounded by pretty good food
Hostess (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJune 5, 2013
Pros: nice discount, ok atmosphere, good food
Cons: required to work holidays without overtime, limited hours (if any) when it's slow, first job i've ever not been granted early-notice-requested days off
Easy job, although a lot of tasks end up being thrown around to whomever will do them (ie. sweep outside, clean bathrooms). Pay doesn't ever seem to increase, but I guess what keeps turnover rate at a median is the work atmosphere.
Extensive Customer Service
Assistant Manager/Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 2, 2013
Maintaining Labor, Productivity, Polices and Procedures are being used, Daily ,Books and bank deposits, Hire and training.
Fun job
Prep cook, dish washer and truck person (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIJune 2, 2013
I loved the management and co-workers here. We had fun even on busy stressful days.