Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Perkins has been good to me , however I am looking to find better growth opportunities.
General Manager (Current Employee), Perkins , Orange City, FlOctober 14, 2013
Pros: get to interact with guest and employees. assist in developing employees to higher levels.
Cons: hours sometimes long. bonus structure not good. growth not good.
Perkis is a good restaurant, however I am looking for better stability and growth opportinities, I have done excessive marketing and developed personell to higher levels. Hours sometimes excessive. Love working with people and see the growth of personel.
excellent work experience
cook (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 13, 2013
Pros: great teamwork, benefits and awesome management
Cons: n/a
great products were offered here and management was of the absolute best
Basement
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 8, 2013
Greeting customers daily while assuring prompt quality service. Assumed responsibility for all serving staff in manager’s absence. Frequently executing multiple assignments while handling and processing orders.
It was a good opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Midway St Paul MinnesotaSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: was able to see a totally different type of atmosphere and surroundings
Cons: dealing with things that you normally would never see
Learned how to work in a totally difficult area that not many managers last long in. It was an area where it was very low income and people that struggled to make ends meet single parent family. Most people in the area have and or had a very hard life. Totally learning experience
Brilliant staff, fun workplace!
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: brilliant coworkers!
Cons: fast-paced, you'll be on your feet!
Perkins is fast-paced on the weekends and you will be going full-speed, but the staff and management are a dream! The teamwork here is amazing and everyone is there to give you a hand. Yes, there is the occasional rotten customer, but the upsides to working here definitely outweigh the downsides.
Productive, Team oriented
Baker, Server, Hostess, Prep cook (Former Employee), Sioux City, IASeptember 28, 2013
The typical day was about customers, I learned a lot with working with customers in person, presentation is everything.
fun workplace
Waitress/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Menominee, MISeptember 18, 2013
Pros: free meals, and easy going co-workers
Cons: no benefits
I learned a alot about customer service, and gained alot of knowledge about it there. Our management there could have been better, but we worked as team and always got every task done. My co-workers were easy to get along with, I like to do my job and leave everything else at work. I dont think there really was a hard part of this job, I did really – more... enjoy it, but i wanted to focus all of my attention on school. The most enjoyable part of working here was interacting with customers. – less
Fun place to work! Busy periods are most fun!
Server/Certified Trainer/Service Leader (Current Employee), Monticello, MNSeptember 12, 2013
Being a server is very fun and at perkins it is a very fast paced environment and makes the day go by quickly!
its not just a family restaurant its a family paycheck
Server (Former Employee), Meadville, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: discount on meal
Cons: drama. constant drama
Too many family members working together on one shift. It causes tons of drama. Guests are nice and friendly and on a good day you can make a lot in tips.
Working in the Bakery and Hostess
Baker/Hostess (Former Employee), North Canton, OHAugust 22, 2013
Pros: 1/2 off menu
Cons: n/a
Learned alot about baking.Had fun working there. The hours where great.The co-workers where nice and easy to get along with.
Ok company to work for.
Book keeper (Current Employee), Roseville, MNAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free meals when i work
Cons: unbalanced work schedule, inconsistant hours and having to work a schedule that is days/overnights/days
A typical day of work for me is cooking or baking. This entails a ton of cleaning which has accumulated throughout the day it is hard work and there are time standards to meet. Some days are way too long others are much too short. I need a balanced hours/day work schedule as it is very hard on the body to go from days to night to back to days again. – more... Management as of late, has changed in a direction that I feel does not hold any concern for employees enjoying their jobs or their personal life. My coworkers are fun to work with for the most part. The hardest part of the job are the ridiculous time standards that the corporation has set to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is IF they notice something (this rarely happens) they tell you good job, or thank you. – less
Not good team work at least with the bus person hard to work there.
Busperson (Former Employee), Clarion, PAAugust 14, 2013
I worked mainly only weekends and felt disrespected. I didn't feel as though I was appreciated everyone else worked as a team but no one was willing to help me. Not a friendly place to work but pay was good and some associates were nice.
Pays well but bars holidays
Cook, Lead Cook (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 12, 2013
Friendly people and environment. I would show up and perform my duties as a cook. From time to time I would have to stay late due to coworkers not being prompt and on time but the pay made up for it.
A great job to balance school and work
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJAugust 1, 2013
This has been a great job in which I have met many great people but my time here is nearing an end. I have received my degree and would love to start working in my field of practice, nursing. I love the people I work with but would love even more to have a fulfilling career in nursing where I help people.
fun environment, good management, great customers
Hostess (Former Employee), Hastings, MNJuly 29, 2013
perkins helped me learn about customer service, it was a great first job to have! Management was great, customers were great, the job provided me with customer service experience that is needed in many other jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and meeting great customers.
Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Minocqua, WIJuly 27, 2013
I loved this job. I was always busy and I knew how to work every position of the restaurant. I had a great relationship with my employees and always worked hard and simply had a great time.
Okay
Shift leader/ Server (Former Employee), Ames, IAJuly 14, 2013
I enjoyed the opportunities they had available being a 24 hour open establishment.
Casual American food, great deserts, and friendly people.
Waitress (Former Employee), Sidney, OHJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good food
Cons: lack of cash
Although this was a good job there were no benefits and pay had a way of staying the same.
I would start off my day clocking in, washing my hands, and prepping salads, coleslaws, and anything we would need for our dinner rush. After everything was complete I would go to the back and start prepping muffins to be baked later than night. In the middle – more... of dinner rush everyone would help deliver food to tables and clean tables for new customers. After dinner rush we would prep up the containers, change all the pans and refill things for the morning shift.
The hardest part of the job I found there was weighing muffins. The fun part about the job was it was not really hard at all. – less
Very fun, friendly work environment with loyal customers.
Server (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 10, 2013
It was very fun and interesting to go to work every day. Everyone worked together so much it was just like a family. There were hectic times when it got busy, but everyone was very willing to help each other and get the work done quickly.
Family oriented work place
Hostess/waitress (Former Employee), Fridley, MNJuly 8, 2013
Perkins really gives you the family friendly vibe... But other than that it is just a typical restaurant environment.