Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I loved working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery
Service Leader, Server, Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2014
100 % Guest Satisfaction, was our goal every day with every guest.
Productive and fun workplace
Caterer/Server (Current Employee), Watertown, WIJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: no discounts on bakery
An alright high school job. I did prep work which includes portioning food into bags that are 2oz-6oz each depending on the food. I learned good time management skills along with some cooking tips, the hardest part of the job is closing where we have a bunch of stuff to do before we can leave but the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you – more... work with – less
Busy life as a Server
Server (Former Employee), Madison WIJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: making yummy dessert!
Cons: short breaks
My day would be constantly attending to the guest needs along with strong communication.

What I learned as a server is to have a more of a friendly personality and a approach with people of different ages and backgrounds. and to Multitask to the max on busy days and/or nights.

The Management was Excellent on doing there job. Making sure if we needed – more... help and things was getting done like they should. As for co-worker we was like a big family. Nice, supported each other, helped out in anyway possible and friendly.

The most difficult part for me in the beginning. Was Handling the guests during bar time. Taking care of the intoxicated as the couldn't make up there mind, while there are others like them demanding your full attention.

But in the end i enjoyed serving all types of food to them and trying things i never ate before! Seeing all sort of people of different age coming in to spend their family time together. It made me happy to be apart of their family for a short period of time. – less
Productive and fun meeting new people.
Server (Current Employee), Hanover, PAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: free food or half price meals at times.
Cons: no breaks during the shift.
Having 8 tables weekdays and 4-5 tables on weekends to use for customers to be seated in my section during my shift. Getting food and drinks for customers.Learned about different aspects of peoples' personalities and how to deal with them.
Some great co-workers to be along side.
The hardest part of my job is carrying the large tray of food without spilling – more... it.
The most enjoyable part is the new faces daily and learning where they are from. – less
customer service
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: late hours while trying to finish high school.
Greeting and seating customer to seats and cashier registering good staff nice place great feeling being around people and helping out.
Enjoy working with customers
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 8, 2014
I manage employee's in making sure policies and procedures are being followed. Work with guest to ensure that their service and meals are to their satisfaction. Making sure all equipment is running properly every day. I order food for the restaurant. Make sure productivity is at a profitable number. I also deal with any complaints we may get. I have – more... learned on how to manage employee's and how to make profitable numbers for a company. I also have gained people skills with working with customers and employee's. The hardest part of my job is staying up all night when I have to work a third shift as the restaurant is open 24 hours a day. I enjoy my co-works as we have developed a great team and believe in team work to run a successful business. the most enjoyable part of my job is I enjoy being a manager and interacting with customers. – less
Friendly workplace, nice environment
Hostess/baker (Former Employee), Loveland, COJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: getting to bake
Cons: waking up early
A typical day at work would be me arriving, clocking in, and posting up at the front. I learned how to bake after I turned the proper age. My coworkers were fun to work with and also professional. Hardest art of the job was waking up at 4 in the morning to work at 5. Easiest part was cashing out customers.
Good managment
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 3, 2014
managers were always nice and willing to help you and teach you. co-workers were very friendly and it was an overall great place to work.
Not a fun place to work when they allow bullying and harrassing
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Sioux City, IADecember 31, 2013
Pros: i loved meeting new and repeat customers
I was bullied and harrassed while I worked there. They allowed it to happen.
Busy Restaurant with Poor Management
Server (Former Employee), Independence, MODecember 5, 2013
Pros: learning how to do many different tasks for my job
Cons: overworked with little breaks
Working at Perkins during the opening was a stressful time. Many employees quit during the first year as well as managers. The restaurant was always under staffed and there was not a good sense of leadership in the restaurant.
Pretty enjoyable place to work.
Hostess (Current Employee), Mount Dora, FLDecember 3, 2013
I enjoy working at Perkin's, mainly because of the customers; many of them are very interesting. Sometimes it gets pretty hectic, trying to seat customers in a rotation that is fair to the servers.
it was like working with family
Part Time Sr. Sales Representative (Current Employee), Billings, MTNovember 25, 2013
I worked there for three years and it was very fast paced and they teach you very good basics of serving
Prductive, Calm
Hostess (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 18, 2013
Pros: great discounts
Cons: short breaks
Very nice, Great food, nice mangers, co-workers were somewhat respectable, very helpful people.Loved the busy days, slower days got boring, enjoyed talking and meeting new customers.
was long hared work
General Manager (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 15, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: long hours and no family time
It wasn't bad at the store level then we worked 12 hour days which did take its toll on family life. I built sales and worked hard
Fun
Money Handling - Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs CONovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Fast paced
friendly
motivated
always talkative
Tips
good pay
Fast paced exciting place to work.
Assistant Food Production Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 10, 2013
Pros: afpm (management) perks uncluding free meals and vacations.
Cons: long hours in a heated area.
*Typically as a AFPM I would hold a staff meeting prior to the start of shift going over the company needs and wants for the day. During the shift I would preform services as line cook and managerial needs as they arose. At the end of shift I would speak to the next shift entering in and review any changes or needs that would be needed.
*I learned to – more... accept responsibility and control a busy shift despite any problems that would arise.
*The upper management was looking out for the corporations interest but in the process did not seem to take the employees needs into consideration.
*My co-workers were skilled and professional in service to the customers and the needs of the management.
*Working on the line in front of 375 degree flat top grill for 8 hours a day.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced and fun atmosphere that came with the job. – less
On Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free meal per shift, great people to work with
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, must be available unusual hours
Perkins has been a great place to work for me while getting life in order.
While they don't provide benefits. The people I work with are great!
Perkins offers a diverse range of customers which offers a unique growing experience on a personal level.
Alright place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Marquette, MIOctober 19, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long shifts
Good co-workers
low pay
customers are awesome
crazy with orders
A great job to start off with.
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Grove City, PAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: hard laborous work
Perkins is a typically fast pace job. In your down town you are still expected to make yourself busy. Whether it is prepping for the busy time of your shift or taking the initiative to do extra cleaning. I have learned a lot from working at Perkins. I have learned discipline, how to speak to an unhappy customer, time management, how to multitask, manners, – more... responsibility, and so much more. However, sometimes, the co-workers weren't always the greatest to work with. Some of them were college students just trying to pass time, and others really valued their job. The hardest part of the job for myself was having so many other waiters/waitresses there that were new and always wanting to talk to one another instead of helping each other. The most enjoyable part was getting to know so many customers and building a bond with them. – less
Perkins has been good to me , however I am looking to find better growth opportunities.
General Manager (Current Employee), Perkins , Orange City, FlOctober 14, 2013
Pros: get to interact with guest and employees. assist in developing employees to higher levels.
Cons: hours sometimes long. bonus structure not good. growth not good.
Perkis is a good restaurant, however I am looking for better stability and growth opportinities, I have done excessive marketing and developed personell to higher levels. Hours sometimes excessive. Love working with people and see the growth of personel.