Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pretty enjoyable place to work.
Hostess (Current Employee), Mount Dora, FLDecember 3, 2013
I enjoy working at Perkin's, mainly because of the customers; many of them are very interesting. Sometimes it gets pretty hectic, trying to seat customers in a rotation that is fair to the servers.
it was like working with family
Part Time Sr. Sales Representative (Current Employee), Billings, MTNovember 25, 2013
I worked there for three years and it was very fast paced and they teach you very good basics of serving
Prductive, Calm
Hostess (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 18, 2013
Pros: great discounts
Cons: short breaks
Very nice, Great food, nice mangers, co-workers were somewhat respectable, very helpful people.Loved the busy days, slower days got boring, enjoyed talking and meeting new customers.
was long hared work
General Manager (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 15, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: long hours and no family time
It wasn't bad at the store level then we worked 12 hour days which did take its toll on family life. I built sales and worked hard
Fun
Money Handling - Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs CONovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Fast paced
friendly
motivated
always talkative
Tips
good pay
Fast paced exciting place to work.
Assistant Food Production Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 10, 2013
Pros: afpm (management) perks uncluding free meals and vacations.
Cons: long hours in a heated area.
*Typically as a AFPM I would hold a staff meeting prior to the start of shift going over the company needs and wants for the day. During the shift I would preform services as line cook and managerial needs as they arose. At the end of shift I would speak to the next shift entering in and review any changes or needs that would be needed.
*I learned to – more... accept responsibility and control a busy shift despite any problems that would arise.
*The upper management was looking out for the corporations interest but in the process did not seem to take the employees needs into consideration.
*My co-workers were skilled and professional in service to the customers and the needs of the management.
*Working on the line in front of 375 degree flat top grill for 8 hours a day.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced and fun atmosphere that came with the job. – less
On Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free meal per shift, great people to work with
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, must be available unusual hours
Perkins has been a great place to work for me while getting life in order.
While they don't provide benefits. The people I work with are great!
Perkins offers a diverse range of customers which offers a unique growing experience on a personal level.
Alright place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Marquette, MIOctober 19, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long shifts
Good co-workers
low pay
customers are awesome
crazy with orders
A great job to start off with.
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Grove City, PAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: hard laborous work
Perkins is a typically fast pace job. In your down town you are still expected to make yourself busy. Whether it is prepping for the busy time of your shift or taking the initiative to do extra cleaning. I have learned a lot from working at Perkins. I have learned discipline, how to speak to an unhappy customer, time management, how to multitask, manners, – more... responsibility, and so much more. However, sometimes, the co-workers weren't always the greatest to work with. Some of them were college students just trying to pass time, and others really valued their job. The hardest part of the job for myself was having so many other waiters/waitresses there that were new and always wanting to talk to one another instead of helping each other. The most enjoyable part was getting to know so many customers and building a bond with them. – less
Perkins has been good to me , however I am looking to find better growth opportunities.
General Manager (Current Employee), Perkins , Orange City, FlOctober 14, 2013
Pros: get to interact with guest and employees. assist in developing employees to higher levels.
Cons: hours sometimes long. bonus structure not good. growth not good.
Perkis is a good restaurant, however I am looking for better stability and growth opportinities, I have done excessive marketing and developed personell to higher levels. Hours sometimes excessive. Love working with people and see the growth of personel.
excellent work experience
cook (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 13, 2013
Pros: great teamwork, benefits and awesome management
Cons: n/a
great products were offered here and management was of the absolute best
Basement
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 8, 2013
Greeting customers daily while assuring prompt quality service. Assumed responsibility for all serving staff in manager’s absence. Frequently executing multiple assignments while handling and processing orders.
It was a good opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Midway St Paul MinnesotaSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: was able to see a totally different type of atmosphere and surroundings
Cons: dealing with things that you normally would never see
Learned how to work in a totally difficult area that not many managers last long in. It was an area where it was very low income and people that struggled to make ends meet single parent family. Most people in the area have and or had a very hard life. Totally learning experience
Brilliant staff, fun workplace!
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: brilliant coworkers!
Cons: fast-paced, you'll be on your feet!
Perkins is fast-paced on the weekends and you will be going full-speed, but the staff and management are a dream! The teamwork here is amazing and everyone is there to give you a hand. Yes, there is the occasional rotten customer, but the upsides to working here definitely outweigh the downsides.
Productive, Team oriented
Baker, Server, Hostess, Prep cook (Former Employee), Sioux City, IASeptember 28, 2013
The typical day was about customers, I learned a lot with working with customers in person, presentation is everything.
fun workplace
Waitress/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Menominee, MISeptember 18, 2013
Pros: free meals, and easy going co-workers
Cons: no benefits
I learned a alot about customer service, and gained alot of knowledge about it there. Our management there could have been better, but we worked as team and always got every task done. My co-workers were easy to get along with, I like to do my job and leave everything else at work. I dont think there really was a hard part of this job, I did really – more... enjoy it, but i wanted to focus all of my attention on school. The most enjoyable part of working here was interacting with customers. – less
Fun place to work! Busy periods are most fun!
Server/Certified Trainer/Service Leader (Current Employee), Monticello, MNSeptember 12, 2013
Being a server is very fun and at perkins it is a very fast paced environment and makes the day go by quickly!
its not just a family restaurant its a family paycheck
Server (Former Employee), Meadville, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: discount on meal
Cons: drama. constant drama
Too many family members working together on one shift. It causes tons of drama. Guests are nice and friendly and on a good day you can make a lot in tips.
Working in the Bakery and Hostess
Baker/Hostess (Former Employee), North Canton, OHAugust 22, 2013
Pros: 1/2 off menu
Cons: n/a
Learned alot about baking.Had fun working there. The hours where great.The co-workers where nice and easy to get along with.
Ok company to work for.
Book keeper (Current Employee), Roseville, MNAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free meals when i work
Cons: unbalanced work schedule, inconsistant hours and having to work a schedule that is days/overnights/days
A typical day of work for me is cooking or baking. This entails a ton of cleaning which has accumulated throughout the day it is hard work and there are time standards to meet. Some days are way too long others are much too short. I need a balanced hours/day work schedule as it is very hard on the body to go from days to night to back to days again. – more... Management as of late, has changed in a direction that I feel does not hold any concern for employees enjoying their jobs or their personal life. My coworkers are fun to work with for the most part. The hardest part of the job are the ridiculous time standards that the corporation has set to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is IF they notice something (this rarely happens) they tell you good job, or thank you. – less