Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

Perkins
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Greeted guests, sometimes took drink orders,gave customers their meal, and cleaned their table. I learned how to keep a positive attitude even dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
40% off lunch
Cons
Working without break majority of my time working there
Good place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
Loved working for Perkins - Madison location. Great environment. Never had any issues getting time off when needed. Really work as a team there!
Pros
Great employees. Reasonable hours. Reasonable
pleasant working enviroment
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  305 madison drive13 January 2017
My job mostly consisted of the upkeep of the restaurant; clearing tables and wiping them, seat and greet customers as they enter the restaurant, general cleanups, helped serve food occassionally and answer phone calls. I learnt to work with customers and work professionally. The atmostphere was normally pleasant depending on who was on call for manager. It could get difficult during lunch rushes but generally kept control of crowd and situations. I enjoyed interacting with customers as much as possible.
Pros
45% off meals during shift
Cons
never know when you'll be off. always different
Great
Server / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 December 2016
It's bin please nt. Time to move on tho. The staff is nice. People there are old tho. It's an old crowd that don't tip at all. Time goes bye slow. People are cheep.
Pros
Swimming
Cons
Not enough tips
Steady and reliable part-time work when I needed it.
BAKER/PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 October 2016
Did the same thing every day, learned everything to do with Perkins' Baking and Prepping except using the slicer. Management changed often but didn't really effect my work. Close-knit co-workers. Hardest part was "Cleaning Day" when we'd scrub everything, floor to ceiling (didn't like working with bleach...). Most enjoyable part was the people.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
I enjoy the people i work with. I mostly bus tables which isn't what i was expecting as a hostess, but it could be worse. i would prefer more hours but they're are quite a few hosts and that's not always easy to manage so all in all they do a pretty good job.
Great place to eat with friends, not rushed and treated well by staff.
BOH supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 August 2016
The shift i work is good, I'm cover which means I'm there 11-7, working with a team also to manage the Back of House alone for a time, i learned much about food and how to cook.
I am friends with a few managers and get along with those few well, most of my co workers are great and also are close friends so the work environment is good,
i would say the difficulty is being short staffed at times, cant always prepare for that random moment when 20-40 tables come in at once but I'm confident in myself to get the job done well,
It is always great to see my co workers and so it doesn't make work always feel like work, but a fun place to be.
Pros
making friends and making good food.
Cons
not enough hours, and the lack of advancement
The co workers
Hostess/busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 July 2016
I loved the people I worked with. Most of the crew really looked out for one another. The rush could be scheduled pretty much everyday in the summer. Slowed down way too much in the fall and spring..
Pros
The fruit
Cons
Customers in bathing suits still wet saying the ac was making them too cold.
Great job
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2016
I was aloud the reigns in my kitchen to make it the way i want my kitchen to run. Very good and loyal staff. The new menus always kept me on my feet. Never a boring place to work.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
no outside life
productive yet relaxed
Kitchen Supervisor/ Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2016
My day start's with setting up the kitchen and getting ready for the breakfast rush. As I'm doing that I'm also putting food away for the up coming week. Then I help my coworkers get ready for the lunch rush. My day end's with cleaning up and clocking out.
Cons
you get sent home early alot.
Good workplace, welcoming
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 June 2016
A typical day involved dealing a lot with customers and ensuring they enjoyed their stay at Perkins. Management was very good, flexible with problems that presented themselves. All the coworkers were very welcoming into the job, felt like a family. I learned all about how to deal with customer service problems and how to give an outstanding experience for customers at our establishment.
Nine years is a long time.
Line Cook, Supervisor, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 May 2016
After handling multiple corporate changes, and differences of opinions between each of them and after 6 years of cooking and 3 years of supervisory and management duties I felt that it was best if I left the company.
Pros
A double kitchen line set up is a very comfortable kitchen
Cons
A general lack of interest in following standards and making sure guest satisdfaction is met
Great employee environment
Host/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2016
When you work at Perkin's, you'll benefit from great working environment, great management, being able to improve on skills in time efficiency, problem solving, and public speaking with costumers and co-workers.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
shortage of hours
Fun place to work, great employees
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 February 2016
Working at Perkins was great. I always enjoyed going to work and the atmosphere was always positive. A typical day at work would start off with cleaning and prepping for my shift. I would usually serve the dinner rush and then close the restaurant at the end of the night.
Great work environment
Support/Host (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2016
Great staff, friendly customers and a great over-all environment. Everyone is helpful and informative if you don't understand something.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
long hours, drunk customers
Productive, always up to something
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 February 2016
A typical day at Perkins, was sometimes long hours, sometimes it was a quick day, but i always met new people, and got to learn stories about people. I learnt how to be a hosts, and how to greet people in a busy restaurant at the time.
Pros
Meeting New people, learning new things in a work placement.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes very boring when no one comes in.
I worked as management server ,cook,
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 November 2015
I love meeting new people. I thrive in a fast pace work environment. Management was very supportive. Decent amount of red tape but we all work together as a team.
Pros
freee lunch
Cons
nil
Loved working here sad I had to leave
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB27 June 2015
Worked here for 3 years would still be working here but I had to move.
My typical day at work was busy for the most part. I enjoyed most of my days.
Staff was great to work with and I loved serving our guests and make sure they leave with a good experience when coming in for dinner.
Hardest part of my job was serving tables that I could just not get a good reaction out of.
Most enjoyable part was the people I was surrounded with every day.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
I had to move
Perkins: A great place to be; for the customers and the workers.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 May 2015
Working at Perkins has given me cooking as a life skill, which I will thankfully, never lose. The atmosphere can be very busy, but there is always an air of lightheartedness and humor which makes it enjoyable to work there. Management is always in control, keeping cooks and servers alike in line. The hardest part of the job would be coping with stress during a rush, just trying to get all of the food out and to the customers without having them wait too long. The best part of the job is, by far, the people. The humor and fun they bring to the kitchen makes it all worth while.
Pros
Discounted food, free drinks, breaks
Cons
Shorter hours, consistently changing menu
Smile's all around
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2015
Friendliest staff, and the cutest restaurant to work for. The restaurant manager makes sure everyone is performing their duties properly meanwhile creating a fun work environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perkins Restaurants & Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9