Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Restaurant work!
Service Leader (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free meal per shift if you are a manager
Cons: no heathcare for part time work
I personally worked the night shift. I thought it was great because you met lots of interesting people. Weekend nights can be tough because of the drama that comes from customers who over indulge in alcohol. I managed a staff of 3-7 at any given time period. I helped servers when needed. Kept the restaurant tidy. Mopped and vacuumed at least once a – more... shift. Managed the labor and cash drawers. Ran End of Day and counted down each cashier drawer. I also paid out the servers tips to them before they left at the end of their shift. The hardest part of the job is stress from unrulely or unhappy customers. Patience is a must! The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. – less
Was more than a job.
Waitress (Former Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: worked as a team.
Cons: managers uneducated.
Worked as a team all the time to ensure accuracy of customer's satisfaction.
Established rapport with customers.
Used professional manners while attending to families necessities during their dining experience.
Sokoya Fisher
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Orange City, FLSeptember 7, 2014
This job was a tough job for me because I had to learn how to carry a try of food and drinks, but once I got the hang of it I was perfectly find. I loved working in at Perkins because I was surrounded by elderly couples all the time and they always had wonderful stories to tell. The staffed loved me because I was very calm and always open hearted.
Over all is good but unbalance between work and life is an issue
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2014
stable company to work for opportunity to learn about customer service experience. coworkers are very nice.
Fun workplace
Host, Server, Cashier (Former Employee), Germantown, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Everything about this place is great. The coworkers, the relationships you build with customers, it is all good.
Fun working atmosphere with great management
Waitress (Former Employee), Dubuque, IASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: employee's
Cons: n/a
This was a great first job for me to start at. It helped me open up to others and build self confidence with speaking to others. The management was great and helped me learn a lot.
Decent job, has paid the bills for years.
Food Production Manager (Current Employee), Scottsbluff, NESeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: high stress level
Day to day not horrible. Lots of turn over and a small hirirng pool make the job difficult. I believe the GM values personal relationships over actual ability and job performance.
Fun place to work
Server, Hostess, Dishwasher (Former Employee), Mount Dora, FLSeptember 1, 2014
This was a very enjoyable place to work at. The managers would do things to encourage their employees and it was great. everyone there worked together.
Laid back environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Kalispell, MTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: easy and laid back.
Cons: no room for advancement.
A typical day at work was usually pretty laid back. My job consisted of taking people to their seats and getting them their drinks. I also took their money and cashed them out before they ended their dining experience at Perkins. I feel like my management was very unfair and they favored people but they were also very fun people.
I enjoyed hosting.
Head Hostess (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 25, 2014
I loved my job duties and responsibilities, although they had absolutly no understanding in trying to balance family with work, and the management treated all of its employees terribly, with the exception of one employee and great favoritism was showed toward her. Also, I was promoted to head hostess and had been there longer than the rest of the hostess's, – more... and despite that never recieved a pay increase as all of my responsibilities began to increase which is also unfair. – less
Great atmosphere and coworkers
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Waiter (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: half priced food when fulfilling a shift, great coworkers
I was responsible for preparing product for over 100 customers a day. As an assistant manager, I learned about watching product costs, training new employees, and quality control. My co-workers and subordinates were great and we worked together extremely well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme rushes of customers requiring services. – more... I enjoyed the atmosphere and the satisfaction of providing customers with a great product. – less
family owned restaurant
Server (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2014
ok place to work
late nights
now closed
not that great of a company
Family Dinning
Lead Server (Former Employee), Sheridan, WYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: managment
A prompt introduction with confidence to interact with individuals. The ability to remember guests orders and delivering the essentials suitable to the meal. Providing the quality of customer service.
A fun, quick-paced work environment with advancement opportunities.
Cook (Former Employee), Warren, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: discounted meals on and off the clock.
Cons: high turn-over rate.
A typical day consisted of cooking and expediting customer orders in distinct phases during the shift. The management was excellent, and co-workers often friendly. The hardest part of the job was being occasionally short-staffed due to a high turnover rate, but it also afforded hard-workers like myself opportunities for advancement. Probably the most – more... fun aspect of the job was the "races" I had with managers for the fastest check times while still maintaining the quality and integrity that Perkins is known for. I only lost once! I really learned that work does not have to be drudgery at this job. – less
Fun and Interesting
Server and Hostess (Former Employee), Anoka, MNAugust 2, 2014
Pros: breaks every 4 hours
Cons: lots of sidework
I worked a lot of overnights and bar shifts (5pm-3am). These shifts were very long and there is a lot of cleaning and sidework that has to be done after every shift. My co-workers and managers were nice and I got to meet some very interesting guests.
Productive and efficient work enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee), Avon, OHJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of working with co-workers and management to provide the best work environment for our customers.
Delivering excellent customer service
Waitress (Former Employee), Charleston SCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: everyday cash
Taking guest food orders and delivering there food in a timely manner.
Good experience
Waiter (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 16, 2014
typical day included setting up tables which included linens, glassware and silverware. Greeting customers and escorting them to their table, taking their orders correctly and bringing the check after the customers finish their food.
Pros and Cons of 24 Operation
General Manager (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free meals, 2 weeks pto to start, hotel discounts
Cons: 24 hours on weekends, small skilled hiring pool
Management works as a team. Helping with creating soultions to issues and creating a strong operations system. Associates have extensive tenure as some have been there over 20 years. A typical day would include interating with guests, welcoming associates to work, doing quality checks on products. Additional responsibilities include invoices, P&L, local – more... store marketing, training and product rollouts. Hiring and orientation of new associates. The most enjoyable part of the – less
Productive place to work at with good food
Bus person (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunch
Cons: short breaks
Perkins Restaurant is a fast paced environment that's fun to work at. The most enjoyable part of it knowing customers are satisfied with what they want and are eager to come back for more. The co workers there work as a team and are not self centered which is good because you can get a job done together.