Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Server, Hostess, Dishwasher (Former Employee), Mount Dora, FLSeptember 1, 2014
This was a very enjoyable place to work at. The managers would do things to encourage their employees and it was great. everyone there worked together.
Laid back environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Kalispell, MTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: easy and laid back.
Cons: no room for advancement.
A typical day at work was usually pretty laid back. My job consisted of taking people to their seats and getting them their drinks. I also took their money and cashed them out before they ended their dining experience at Perkins. I feel like my management was very unfair and they favored people but they were also very fun people.
I enjoyed hosting.
Head Hostess (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 25, 2014
I loved my job duties and responsibilities, although they had absolutly no understanding in trying to balance family with work, and the management treated all of its employees terribly, with the exception of one employee and great favoritism was showed toward her. Also, I was promoted to head hostess and had been there longer than the rest of the hostess's, – more... and despite that never recieved a pay increase as all of my responsibilities began to increase which is also unfair. – less
Great atmosphere and coworkers
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Waiter (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: half priced food when fulfilling a shift, great coworkers
I was responsible for preparing product for over 100 customers a day. As an assistant manager, I learned about watching product costs, training new employees, and quality control. My co-workers and subordinates were great and we worked together extremely well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme rushes of customers requiring services. – more... I enjoyed the atmosphere and the satisfaction of providing customers with a great product. – less
family owned restaurant
Server (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2014
ok place to work
late nights
now closed
not that great of a company
Family Dinning
Lead Server (Former Employee), Sheridan, WYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: managment
A prompt introduction with confidence to interact with individuals. The ability to remember guests orders and delivering the essentials suitable to the meal. Providing the quality of customer service.
A fun, quick-paced work environment with advancement opportunities.
Cook (Former Employee), Warren, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: discounted meals on and off the clock.
Cons: high turn-over rate.
A typical day consisted of cooking and expediting customer orders in distinct phases during the shift. The management was excellent, and co-workers often friendly. The hardest part of the job was being occasionally short-staffed due to a high turnover rate, but it also afforded hard-workers like myself opportunities for advancement. Probably the most – more... fun aspect of the job was the "races" I had with managers for the fastest check times while still maintaining the quality and integrity that Perkins is known for. I only lost once! I really learned that work does not have to be drudgery at this job. – less
Fun and Interesting
Server and Hostess (Former Employee), Anoka, MNAugust 2, 2014
Pros: breaks every 4 hours
Cons: lots of sidework
I worked a lot of overnights and bar shifts (5pm-3am). These shifts were very long and there is a lot of cleaning and sidework that has to be done after every shift. My co-workers and managers were nice and I got to meet some very interesting guests.
Productive and efficient work enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee), Avon, OHJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of working with co-workers and management to provide the best work environment for our customers.
Delivering excellent customer service
Waitress (Former Employee), Charleston SCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: everyday cash
Taking guest food orders and delivering there food in a timely manner.
Good experience
Waiter (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 16, 2014
typical day included setting up tables which included linens, glassware and silverware. Greeting customers and escorting them to their table, taking their orders correctly and bringing the check after the customers finish their food.
Pros and Cons of 24 Operation
General Manager (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free meals, 2 weeks pto to start, hotel discounts
Cons: 24 hours on weekends, small skilled hiring pool
Management works as a team. Helping with creating soultions to issues and creating a strong operations system. Associates have extensive tenure as some have been there over 20 years. A typical day would include interating with guests, welcoming associates to work, doing quality checks on products. Additional responsibilities include invoices, P&L, local – more... store marketing, training and product rollouts. Hiring and orientation of new associates. The most enjoyable part of the – less
Productive place to work at with good food
Bus person (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunch
Cons: short breaks
Perkins Restaurant is a fast paced environment that's fun to work at. The most enjoyable part of it knowing customers are satisfied with what they want and are eager to come back for more. The co workers there work as a team and are not self centered which is good because you can get a job done together.
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: working wih great people
Cons: not enough work hours
Every day I provide excellent customer service.
I learned how to be a team player and the importance of working together.
The management is very hard working and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when dealing with an irate customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring the customers have a great experience.
Family restaurant
Food and Customer Service (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2014
Mainly regulars who came into dine with us. Developed a great relationship with many of them. couldnt ask for a better place to start learning how to serve.
Uncomfortable workplace
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee), York, PAJune 30, 2014
The staff is rude, the entire place is micromanaged and there are favorites picked by management. The restaurant is dirty and the employees don't clean it the way it is advised to be.
Its a interesting place to work
Server (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJune 27, 2014
I have been there for nine years and have seen many people come and go. This place has had its up and downs!
Very good experience in a high stress environment
Food Production Manager (Former Employee), Sartell, MNJune 25, 2014
I learned how to deal with high pressure and to be loyal to employers despite the amount of pressure that may be present.
Fun, fast paced work with great team members.
Waitress (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNJune 24, 2014
A typical day has slow periods and fast paced periods. No time is wasted, when slow stocking and cleaning get done while still serving outrageous guest service to the customers. I have learned how to multitask, prepare the work station effectively when slow to efficiently serve the customers, and to pay attention to detail. Management cares about their – more... employees and customers and are more than willing to help out when needed. My co-workers are like family, we all help one another out to give customers the outrageous guest service that they deserve. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers that can not be satisfied by anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and putting smiles on the faces of the customers that came in in a bad mood. – less
Upbeat workplace for first job.
Hostess (Former Employee), Fargo, North DakotaJune 23, 2014
For a first job, this place is upbeat. Co-workers, managers, and staff were friendly, helpful, and made coming to work enjoyable. For part-time I didn't work many days, but took on long hours on the weekends.