Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Creating a more profitable workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2014
I oversee all aspects of day to day operations. I was a key member in opening the newest location. I have raised profit margins in all restaurants that I have run. I have taken courses to teach WHMIS, Food Safety and First Aid.
we don't have.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 2, 2014
Pros: kids eat free...
Cons: 30.minutes
My typical day work is greeting the customers ,taking care of them and help them when they need it...., Helping my co-workers when they're very busy..... The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the client and they can fell welcome....
alright
Line Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
good working day started out with prep work then went out to the line cooking area i learnt how to comminicate with other and how to handle money and work with custermers
Fun place to work at with great co-workers and management.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in. support from management.
Cons: not enough shifts to survive on. perkin's can not offer me full time work.
Was fully trained by Perkin"s for service on all sized trays. Great co-workers and management. Fun place to work at. Love my customers, especially my regulars.
A fun place to work at. Nice staff and great customers.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great staff and customers
Cons: not able to get full time work.
The hours are flexible and my co-workers are fun to work with.
I have been fully trained on serving with all different sized trays. Something I had never done before. The management has been very good to me trying to accommodate me with as many shifts as possible.
I love working with the customers the most. My regulars are great!
The hardest part of – more... the job is that I don:t get enough shifts. I would like to have full time work which they can:t give to me at this time. – less
A job
Junior Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 5, 2013
Cons: low wage, no respect
I've never had a job where I can truly say that I enjoyed it yet. It's sad to see that someone would tell you that if you're not in the "A" team and not up to par then they don't want you in their team.
You get as much as you give.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: great relationships
Cons: long hours
Very demanding job. Wonderful atmosphere. Great employees. You must love what you do to be able to continue in this area of employment.
Tips are small but quick environment where time flies
Supervisor/ Server (Former Employee), WinnipegJuly 19, 2012
Servers have tons of responsibilities behind the scenes and staff are overworked. Unrealistic customer service expectations. Lots of favorites played.
Was more than a job.
Waitress (Former Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: worked as a team.
Cons: managers uneducated.
Worked as a team all the time to ensure accuracy of customer's satisfaction.
Established rapport with customers.
Used professional manners while attending to families necessities during their dining experience.
Sokoya Fisher
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Orange City, FLSeptember 7, 2014
This job was a tough job for me because I had to learn how to carry a try of food and drinks, but once I got the hang of it I was perfectly find. I loved working in at Perkins because I was surrounded by elderly couples all the time and they always had wonderful stories to tell. The staffed loved me because I was very calm and always open hearted.
Over all is good but unbalance between work and life is an issue
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2014
stable company to work for opportunity to learn about customer service experience. coworkers are very nice.
Fun workplace
Host, Server, Cashier (Former Employee), Germantown, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Everything about this place is great. The coworkers, the relationships you build with customers, it is all good.
Fun working atmosphere with great management
Waitress (Former Employee), Dubuque, IASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: employee's
Cons: n/a
This was a great first job for me to start at. It helped me open up to others and build self confidence with speaking to others. The management was great and helped me learn a lot.
Decent job, has paid the bills for years.
Food Production Manager (Current Employee), Scottsbluff, NESeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: high stress level
Day to day not horrible. Lots of turn over and a small hirirng pool make the job difficult. I believe the GM values personal relationships over actual ability and job performance.
Fun place to work
Server, Hostess, Dishwasher (Former Employee), Mount Dora, FLSeptember 1, 2014
This was a very enjoyable place to work at. The managers would do things to encourage their employees and it was great. everyone there worked together.
Laid back environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Kalispell, MTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: easy and laid back.
Cons: no room for advancement.
A typical day at work was usually pretty laid back. My job consisted of taking people to their seats and getting them their drinks. I also took their money and cashed them out before they ended their dining experience at Perkins. I feel like my management was very unfair and they favored people but they were also very fun people.
I enjoyed hosting.
Head Hostess (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 25, 2014
I loved my job duties and responsibilities, although they had absolutly no understanding in trying to balance family with work, and the management treated all of its employees terribly, with the exception of one employee and great favoritism was showed toward her. Also, I was promoted to head hostess and had been there longer than the rest of the hostess's, – more... and despite that never recieved a pay increase as all of my responsibilities began to increase which is also unfair. – less
Great atmosphere and coworkers
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Waiter (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: half priced food when fulfilling a shift, great coworkers
I was responsible for preparing product for over 100 customers a day. As an assistant manager, I learned about watching product costs, training new employees, and quality control. My co-workers and subordinates were great and we worked together extremely well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme rushes of customers requiring services. – more... I enjoyed the atmosphere and the satisfaction of providing customers with a great product. – less
family owned restaurant
Server (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2014
ok place to work
late nights
now closed
not that great of a company
Family Dinning
Lead Server (Former Employee), Sheridan, WYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: managment
A prompt introduction with confidence to interact with individuals. The ability to remember guests orders and delivering the essentials suitable to the meal. Providing the quality of customer service.

1 2 3 4 5