Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to eat with friends, not rushed and treated well by staff.
BOH supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2016
The shift i work is good, I'm cover which means I'm there 11-7, working with a team also to manage the Back of House alone for a time, i learned much about food and how to cook.
I am friends with a few managers and get along with those few well, most of my co workers are great and also are close friends so the work environment is good,
i would say the difficulty is being short staffed at times, cant always prepare for that random moment when 20-40 tables come in at once but I'm confident in myself to get the job done well,
It is always great to see my co workers and so it doesn't make work always feel like work, but a fun place to be.
Pros
making friends and making good food.
Cons
not enough hours, and the lack of advancement
Good workplace, welcoming
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 6, 2016
A typical day involved dealing a lot with customers and ensuring they enjoyed their stay at Perkins. Management was very good, flexible with problems that presented themselves. All the coworkers were very welcoming into the job, felt like a family. I learned all about how to deal with customer service problems and how to give an outstanding experience for customers at our establishment.
Nine years is a long time.
Line Cook, Supervisor, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 18, 2016
After handling multiple corporate changes, and differences of opinions between each of them and after 6 years of cooking and 3 years of supervisory and management duties I felt that it was best if I left the company.
Pros
A double kitchen line set up is a very comfortable kitchen
Cons
A general lack of interest in following standards and making sure guest satisdfaction is met
Productive, always up to something
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at Perkins, was sometimes long hours, sometimes it was a quick day, but i always met new people, and got to learn stories about people. I learnt how to be a hosts, and how to greet people in a busy restaurant at the time.
Pros
Meeting New people, learning new things in a work placement.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes very boring when no one comes in.
productive yet relaxed
Kitchen Supervisor/ Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 20, 2016
My day start's with setting up the kitchen and getting ready for the breakfast rush. As I'm doing that I'm also putting food away for the up coming week. Then I help my coworkers get ready for the lunch rush. My day end's with cleaning up and clocking out.
Cons
you get sent home early alot.
The co workers
Hostess/busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJuly 22, 2016
I loved the people I worked with. Most of the crew really looked out for one another. The rush could be scheduled pretty much everyday in the summer. Slowed down way too much in the fall and spring..
Pros
The fruit
Cons
Customers in bathing suits still wet saying the ac was making them too cold.
Great work environment
Support/Host (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Great staff, friendly customers and a great over-all environment. Everyone is helpful and informative if you don't understand something.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
long hours, drunk customers
Great job
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2016
I was aloud the reigns in my kitchen to make it the way i want my kitchen to run. Very good and loyal staff. The new menus always kept me on my feet. Never a boring place to work.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
no outside life
Great employee environment
Host/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 23, 2016
When you work at Perkin's, you'll benefit from great working environment, great management, being able to improve on skills in time efficiency, problem solving, and public speaking with costumers and co-workers.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
shortage of hours
Fun place to work, great employees
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 29, 2016
Working at Perkins was great. I always enjoyed going to work and the atmosphere was always positive. A typical day at work would start off with cleaning and prepping for my shift. I would usually serve the dinner rush and then close the restaurant at the end of the night.
Creating a more profitable workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2014
I oversee all aspects of day to day operations. I was a key member in opening the newest location. I have raised profit margins in all restaurants that I have run. I have taken courses to teach WHMIS, Food Safety and First Aid.
I worked as management server ,cook,
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 2, 2015
I love meeting new people. I thrive in a fast pace work environment. Management was very supportive. Decent amount of red tape but we all work together as a team.
Pros
freee lunch
Cons
nil
Perkins: A great place to be; for the customers and the workers.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMay 4, 2015
Working at Perkins has given me cooking as a life skill, which I will thankfully, never lose. The atmosphere can be very busy, but there is always an air of lightheartedness and humor which makes it enjoyable to work there. Management is always in control, keeping cooks and servers alike in line. The hardest part of the job would be coping with stress during a rush, just trying to get all of the food out and to the customers without having them wait too long. The best part of the job is, by far, the people. The humor and fun they bring to the kitchen makes it all worth while.
Pros
Discounted food, free drinks, breaks
Cons
Shorter hours, consistently changing menu
Loved working here sad I had to leave
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 27, 2015
Worked here for 3 years would still be working here but I had to move.
My typical day at work was busy for the most part. I enjoyed most of my days.
Staff was great to work with and I loved serving our guests and make sure they leave with a good experience when coming in for dinner.
Hardest part of my job was serving tables that I could just not get a good reaction out of.
Most enjoyable part was the people I was surrounded with every day.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
I had to move
A fun place to work at. Nice staff and great customers.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2014
The hours are flexible and my co-workers are fun to work with.
I have been fully trained on serving with all different sized trays. Something I had never done before. The management has been very good to me trying to accommodate me with as many shifts as possible.
I love working with the customers the most. My regulars are great!
The hardest part of the job is that I don:t get enough shifts. I would like to have full time work which they can:t give to me at this time.
Pros
great staff and customers
Cons
not able to get full time work.
alright
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 11, 2014
good working day started out with prep work then went out to the line cooking area i learnt how to comminicate with other and how to handle money and work with custermers
Pros
free lunches
Smile's all around
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Friendliest staff, and the cutest restaurant to work for. The restaurant manager makes sure everyone is performing their duties properly meanwhile creating a fun work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Fun place to work at with great co-workers and management.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 29, 2014
Was fully trained by Perkin"s for service on all sized trays. Great co-workers and management. Fun place to work at. Love my customers, especially my regulars.
Pros
great atmosphere to work in. support from management.
Cons
not enough shifts to survive on. perkin's can not offer me full time work.
You get as much as you give.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2013
Very demanding job. Wonderful atmosphere. Great employees. You must love what you do to be able to continue in this area of employment.
Pros
great relationships
My very first job
Expo/Host (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Was great to actually be earning money for once job was enjoyable and fun co workers were great and made me feel welcome management was also very nice
Pros
free meals
Cons
early mornings

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Reviews by Job Title