Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Creating a more profitable workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2014
I oversee all aspects of day to day operations. I was a key member in opening the newest location. I have raised profit margins in all restaurants that I have run. I have taken courses to teach WHMIS, Food Safety and First Aid.
we don't have.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 2, 2014
Pros: kids eat free...
Cons: 30.minutes
My typical day work is greeting the customers ,taking care of them and help them when they need it...., Helping my co-workers when they're very busy..... The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the client and they can fell welcome....
alright
Line Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
good working day started out with prep work then went out to the line cooking area i learnt how to comminicate with other and how to handle money and work with custermers
Fun place to work at with great co-workers and management.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in. support from management.
Cons: not enough shifts to survive on. perkin's can not offer me full time work.
Was fully trained by Perkin"s for service on all sized trays. Great co-workers and management. Fun place to work at. Love my customers, especially my regulars.
A fun place to work at. Nice staff and great customers.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great staff and customers
Cons: not able to get full time work.
The hours are flexible and my co-workers are fun to work with.
I have been fully trained on serving with all different sized trays. Something I had never done before. The management has been very good to me trying to accommodate me with as many shifts as possible.
I love working with the customers the most. My regulars are great!
The hardest part of – more... the job is that I don:t get enough shifts. I would like to have full time work which they can:t give to me at this time. – less
A job
Junior Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 5, 2013
Cons: low wage, no respect
I've never had a job where I can truly say that I enjoyed it yet. It's sad to see that someone would tell you that if you're not in the "A" team and not up to par then they don't want you in their team.
You get as much as you give.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: great relationships
Cons: long hours
Very demanding job. Wonderful atmosphere. Great employees. You must love what you do to be able to continue in this area of employment.
Tips are small but quick environment where time flies
Supervisor/ Server (Former Employee), WinnipegJuly 19, 2012
Servers have tons of responsibilities behind the scenes and staff are overworked. Unrealistic customer service expectations. Lots of favorites played.
Fun and convenient place to work while in school.
Hostess (Former Employee), Indiana, PAOctober 15, 2014
Typically as a Hostess at Perkins I would greet the guests as they walk into the restaurant and give them a great initial experience by complimenting them and pointing out daily specials. I would then seat them and continue to check up on most tables throughout my shift in order to make sure the customers had complete satisfaction during their time – more... at Perkins. I would complete side jobs such as cleaning the front area of the restaurant. This included vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, and organizing. I was also responsible for keeping the money in the cash register at around $250 dollars throughout my shift, therefore having to do cash pulls throughout the day. I answered telephones, cashed the customers out and asked them how their food and service was. What I learned from this experience is that keeping happy customers generates a happy work environment among employees as well. The management was okay, occasionally the assistant managers were difficult to work with due to the lack of social skills and motivation level on some days. My co workers were around my age during the evening shifts which made it easier to communicate among each other. The morning shift crew were older and tended to keep to themselves more. The hardest part of this job was when there was a long wait for customers to be seated. At that point there really was not much anyone could do, but it made it difficult to keep certain customers satisfied, which was our main goal. The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships I created with some of the regular customers. It was a satisfying feeling to know that they have had such great service that they return weekly. – less
A great place to work
Server (Current Employee), Mason, OhioOctober 9, 2014
I was in charge of making the customer experience as memorable as possible.
Hard work but friendly atmosphere
Service Lead (Current Employee), Golden Valley, MNOctober 4, 2014
Pros: cheap food, tips
Cons: rarely leave at time scheduled
It can be a busy job. I work during dinner hours, we often get really busy during dinner times, both the start and end of which may change drastically from day to day. We often find time to laugh and joke around all while keeping things flowing. We tend to all work together - the feeling of "we're all in this together" may be a way to describe it. We – more... will run food for other people, seat or cash out customers if we are waiting on food. It can, however, be difficult when you are busy and have to run while keeping a list of six different tasks in your mind, all while keeping friendly and polite. – less
Fast and Steady
Busser (Former Employee), Xenia, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: friendly clean and fast pace
I was only working here for a short period of time. So the money came in handy. I enjoy working the people. But sadly the place went out of business a few years ago.
Challenging, fast pace office with a lot of responsibilities and duties that I enjoyed and can work by way up the ladder.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: support, reliable, knowledgeable, confidential, versital and busy i loved it all
Cons: sometimes no breaks, lunch, coming back from time off for personal or business and all the urgent demands etc...
Of course it started of busy. Answer phones, communicate with staff, parents and others to rely information, take orders, and address complaints. Then I would work on Accounts Receivable and Parables and complete bank transactions. Monitor the budget and multiple accounts. Check on purchase orders for supplies ordered, traveling itineraries were in – more... place, and enter orders for staff and students. Put in work orders and service contracts going off the approved business and government guidelines. Check in orders and disburse, inventory. I worked closely with the Principal in every business aspect.
I learned to be very flexible, dependable, multitask, organized and that I do like some challenges more that I ever dreamed.
When the Executive Secretary was not there or busy I was trained to step in and do her job as will as mine. Which getting Substitutes, Workman's Comp., request from staff, scheduling, work with the Principal with anything needed etc..
I had a LOT of co workers and everything was fine. Of course you have trying ones as well as customer's so you just need to talk to them and go over the rules, procedures, etc...
Was when I had to run errand or miss do to a day off. Coming back to work even after a couple of hours seemed impossible. Everyone was needing something right then and there.
I love working with sorts of diverse people, learning new things, challenges in reason, and being very positive and successful. – less
Restaurant work!
Service Leader (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free meal per shift if you are a manager
Cons: no heathcare for part time work
I personally worked the night shift. I thought it was great because you met lots of interesting people. Weekend nights can be tough because of the drama that comes from customers who over indulge in alcohol. I managed a staff of 3-7 at any given time period. I helped servers when needed. Kept the restaurant tidy. Mopped and vacuumed at least once a – more... shift. Managed the labor and cash drawers. Ran End of Day and counted down each cashier drawer. I also paid out the servers tips to them before they left at the end of their shift. The hardest part of the job is stress from unrulely or unhappy customers. Patience is a must! The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. – less
Was more than a job.
Waitress (Former Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: worked as a team.
Cons: managers uneducated.
Worked as a team all the time to ensure accuracy of customer's satisfaction.
Established rapport with customers.
Used professional manners while attending to families necessities during their dining experience.
Sokoya Fisher
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Orange City, FLSeptember 7, 2014
This job was a tough job for me because I had to learn how to carry a try of food and drinks, but once I got the hang of it I was perfectly find. I loved working in at Perkins because I was surrounded by elderly couples all the time and they always had wonderful stories to tell. The staffed loved me because I was very calm and always open hearted.
Over all is good but unbalance between work and life is an issue
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2014
stable company to work for opportunity to learn about customer service experience. coworkers are very nice.
Fun workplace
Host, Server, Cashier (Former Employee), Germantown, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Everything about this place is great. The coworkers, the relationships you build with customers, it is all good.
Fun working atmosphere with great management
Waitress (Former Employee), Dubuque, IASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: employee's
Cons: n/a
This was a great first job for me to start at. It helped me open up to others and build self confidence with speaking to others. The management was great and helped me learn a lot.
Decent job, has paid the bills for years.
Food Production Manager (Current Employee), Scottsbluff, NESeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: high stress level
Day to day not horrible. Lots of turn over and a small hirirng pool make the job difficult. I believe the GM values personal relationships over actual ability and job performance.

1 2 3 4 5