Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work at with great co-workers and management.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in. support from management.
Cons: not enough shifts to survive on. perkin's can not offer me full time work.
Was fully trained by Perkin"s for service on all sized trays. Great co-workers and management. Fun place to work at. Love my customers, especially my regulars.
A fun place to work at. Nice staff and great customers.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great staff and customers
Cons: not able to get full time work.
The hours are flexible and my co-workers are fun to work with.
I have been fully trained on serving with all different sized trays. Something I had never done before. The management has been very good to me trying to accommodate me with as many shifts as possible.
I love working with the customers the most. My regulars are great!
The hardest part of – more... the job is that I don:t get enough shifts. I would like to have full time work which they can:t give to me at this time. – less
A job
Junior Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 5, 2013
Cons: low wage, no respect
I've never had a job where I can truly say that I enjoyed it yet. It's sad to see that someone would tell you that if you're not in the "A" team and not up to par then they don't want you in their team.
You get as much as you give.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: great relationships
Cons: long hours
Very demanding job. Wonderful atmosphere. Great employees. You must love what you do to be able to continue in this area of employment.
Tips are small but quick environment where time flies
Supervisor/ Server (Former Employee), WinnipegJuly 19, 2012
Servers have tons of responsibilities behind the scenes and staff are overworked. Unrealistic customer service expectations. Lots of favorites played.
Good experience
Waiter (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 16, 2014
typical day included setting up tables which included linens, glassware and silverware. Greeting customers and escorting them to their table, taking their orders correctly and bringing the check after the customers finish their food.
Pros and Cons of 24 Operation
General Manager (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free meals, 2 weeks pto to start, hotel discounts
Cons: 24 hours on weekends, small skilled hiring pool
Management works as a team. Helping with creating soultions to issues and creating a strong operations system. Associates have extensive tenure as some have been there over 20 years. A typical day would include interating with guests, welcoming associates to work, doing quality checks on products. Additional responsibilities include invoices, P&L, local – more... store marketing, training and product rollouts. Hiring and orientation of new associates. The most enjoyable part of the – less
Productive place to work at with good food
Bus person (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunch
Cons: short breaks
Perkins Restaurant is a fast paced environment that's fun to work at. The most enjoyable part of it knowing customers are satisfied with what they want and are eager to come back for more. The co workers there work as a team and are not self centered which is good because you can get a job done together.
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: working wih great people
Cons: not enough work hours
Every day I provide excellent customer service.
I learned how to be a team player and the importance of working together.
The management is very hard working and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when dealing with an irate customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring the customers have a great experience.
Family restaurant
Food and Customer Service (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2014
Mainly regulars who came into dine with us. Developed a great relationship with many of them. couldnt ask for a better place to start learning how to serve.
Uncomfortable workplace
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee), York, PAJune 30, 2014
The staff is rude, the entire place is micromanaged and there are favorites picked by management. The restaurant is dirty and the employees don't clean it the way it is advised to be.
Its a interesting place to work
Server (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJune 27, 2014
I have been there for nine years and have seen many people come and go. This place has had its up and downs!
Very good experience in a high stress environment
Food Production Manager (Former Employee), Sartell, MNJune 25, 2014
I learned how to deal with high pressure and to be loyal to employers despite the amount of pressure that may be present.
Fun, fast paced work with great team members.
Waitress (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNJune 24, 2014
A typical day has slow periods and fast paced periods. No time is wasted, when slow stocking and cleaning get done while still serving outrageous guest service to the customers. I have learned how to multitask, prepare the work station effectively when slow to efficiently serve the customers, and to pay attention to detail. Management cares about their – more... employees and customers and are more than willing to help out when needed. My co-workers are like family, we all help one another out to give customers the outrageous guest service that they deserve. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers that can not be satisfied by anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and putting smiles on the faces of the customers that came in in a bad mood. – less
Upbeat workplace for first job.
Hostess (Former Employee), Fargo, North DakotaJune 23, 2014
For a first job, this place is upbeat. Co-workers, managers, and staff were friendly, helpful, and made coming to work enjoyable. For part-time I didn't work many days, but took on long hours on the weekends.
I waited tables, was a hostess and an expeditor.
Waitress and Hostess (Former Employee), Green Brook, NJJune 19, 2014
Pros: free food, nice people, felt like a family
Cons: tips weren't great
I was at this job for 7 years and I loved it there. But I needed to go to college and get advancement in my life. I was a waitress, hostess and expeditor of food. I did a very good job at all 3 positions I had. My boss was always flexible with everyone's schedules and always gave us time off. I made waitress salary, and tips were okay, not great. Overall – more... this was a nice place to work. – less
Worked there for over 12 years
Shift Manager, Certified Trainer, Server (Former Employee), Golden, COJune 19, 2014
Pros: discounted food, made great money, flexiblity with schedule
Cons: benefits weren't that good
Some managers were awesome, some were the laziest people I've ever seen. I loved my coworkers. I made great tips and was offered management positions after about a year. I was almost always able to get the schedule I wanted and time off as needed, they were always very flexible.
It is a job
Hospitality Worker (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNJune 9, 2014
Average company to work for, not great. Good money as a server.
fun, ever changing place to work at they get new products monthly
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Germantown, TNJune 7, 2014
Pros: having a general manager that is concerned with building business as well as family, is great
Cons: the more people you work with the more personalities you have to deal with
several locations, as one of the locations I worked at, is extremely busy and most of the servers made more then the management (during the holiday's the guests are very generous.) You are able to learn several different jobs for maximum amount of hours.
very fun place to work hated having to leave.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), North Platte, NEJune 7, 2014
Pros: free meal, great company
Cons: no healthcare
I always loved going into work and also loved staying after my shift got over, was always meeting new people.

1 2 3 4 5