Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Creating a more profitable workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2014
I oversee all aspects of day to day operations. I was a key member in opening the newest location. I have raised profit margins in all restaurants that I have run. I have taken courses to teach WHMIS, Food Safety and First Aid.
we don't have.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 2, 2014
Pros: kids eat free...
Cons: 30.minutes
My typical day work is greeting the customers ,taking care of them and help them when they need it...., Helping my co-workers when they're very busy..... The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the client and they can fell welcome....
alright
Line Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
good working day started out with prep work then went out to the line cooking area i learnt how to comminicate with other and how to handle money and work with custermers
Fun place to work at with great co-workers and management.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in. support from management.
Cons: not enough shifts to survive on. perkin's can not offer me full time work.
Was fully trained by Perkin"s for service on all sized trays. Great co-workers and management. Fun place to work at. Love my customers, especially my regulars.
A fun place to work at. Nice staff and great customers.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great staff and customers
Cons: not able to get full time work.
The hours are flexible and my co-workers are fun to work with.
I have been fully trained on serving with all different sized trays. Something I had never done before. The management has been very good to me trying to accommodate me with as many shifts as possible.
I love working with the customers the most. My regulars are great!
The hardest part of – more... the job is that I don:t get enough shifts. I would like to have full time work which they can:t give to me at this time. – less
A job
Junior Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 5, 2013
Cons: low wage, no respect
I've never had a job where I can truly say that I enjoyed it yet. It's sad to see that someone would tell you that if you're not in the "A" team and not up to par then they don't want you in their team.
You get as much as you give.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: great relationships
Cons: long hours
Very demanding job. Wonderful atmosphere. Great employees. You must love what you do to be able to continue in this area of employment.
Tips are small but quick environment where time flies
Supervisor/ Server (Former Employee), WinnipegJuly 19, 2012
Servers have tons of responsibilities behind the scenes and staff are overworked. Unrealistic customer service expectations. Lots of favorites played.
live place to work
waitress/hostess (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MODecember 22, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no insurance
taking orders and deleviring food to tables and preparing the food orders helping where needed
Hard work
Waitress (Former Employee), Bonner SpringsDecember 15, 2014
A typical day at work would include an under staffed shift. Everybody including managers have to work super hard to make sure the restaurant runs up to the factors of a fully staffed establishment.

I've learned a lot about the work I'm capable of handling and deliberating. I learned how to make good use of my time, and make sure things get done.

Management – more... needs to be improved, the co-workers are nice people.

The hardest part of the job is being pushed to the limit.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when everybody is in a good mood, and we have fast ticket times, because then everybody is happy including the customers. – less
Teamwork is the way of life at Perkins!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Fairmont, MNDecember 14, 2014
I learned how to build teams for days and nights; each shift runs differently based on the main menu items ordered.
Fun Family Oriented.
Assistant Manager/Host (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJDecember 10, 2014
Family oriented, with lots of good people. Management team always works together, and solves problems together, the hardest part sometimes is making everyone happy, but we do our best.
Productive and fun work place.
Waitress (Former Employee), Watertown, WINovember 6, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job is my work schedule. The team members I'd work with. I enjoy making cash. My manger and owner of the restaurant was very enjoyable to work for. I did a lot of cleaning at Perkins. So I have a joy for cleaning now.
love this perkins
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Elk River, MNNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benifits
this is one of the best Perkins i have worked at. management seems to have it together and runs the place great. you get to meet new people all the time and customers know you by name.
Both stores I worked at had an amazing amount of teamwork in place. Respect for one another
General Manager (Former Employee), Edina, MNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: culture of hard work is rewarded. i loved the 2 stores i was gm at… owatonna, mn & bloomington(lyndale), mn
6am - 5pm or 10am-8pm… I charge of entire store operation. Learned a lot which prepared me for my opportunity with QFS of MN.
Great place to work!
Server and Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAOctober 27, 2014
For a first job or a full-time gig to get you through college, this company is a must. The management team was very flexible and my co-workers were fantastic.
Fun and convenient place to work while in school.
Hostess (Former Employee), Indiana, PAOctober 15, 2014
Typically as a Hostess at Perkins I would greet the guests as they walk into the restaurant and give them a great initial experience by complimenting them and pointing out daily specials. I would then seat them and continue to check up on most tables throughout my shift in order to make sure the customers had complete satisfaction during their time – more... at Perkins. I would complete side jobs such as cleaning the front area of the restaurant. This included vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, and organizing. I was also responsible for keeping the money in the cash register at around $250 dollars throughout my shift, therefore having to do cash pulls throughout the day. I answered telephones, cashed the customers out and asked them how their food and service was. What I learned from this experience is that keeping happy customers generates a happy work environment among employees as well. The management was okay, occasionally the assistant managers were difficult to work with due to the lack of social skills and motivation level on some days. My co workers were around my age during the evening shifts which made it easier to communicate among each other. The morning shift crew were older and tended to keep to themselves more. The hardest part of this job was when there was a long wait for customers to be seated. At that point there really was not much anyone could do, but it made it difficult to keep certain customers satisfied, which was our main goal. The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships I created with some of the regular customers. It was a satisfying feeling to know that they have had such great service that they return weekly. – less
A great place to work
Server (Current Employee), Mason, OhioOctober 9, 2014
I was in charge of making the customer experience as memorable as possible.
Hard work but friendly atmosphere
Service Lead (Current Employee), Golden Valley, MNOctober 4, 2014
Pros: cheap food, tips
Cons: rarely leave at time scheduled
It can be a busy job. I work during dinner hours, we often get really busy during dinner times, both the start and end of which may change drastically from day to day. We often find time to laugh and joke around all while keeping things flowing. We tend to all work together - the feeling of "we're all in this together" may be a way to describe it. We – more... will run food for other people, seat or cash out customers if we are waiting on food. It can, however, be difficult when you are busy and have to run while keeping a list of six different tasks in your mind, all while keeping friendly and polite. – less
Fast and Steady
Busser (Former Employee), Xenia, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: friendly clean and fast pace
I was only working here for a short period of time. So the money came in handy. I enjoy working the people. But sadly the place went out of business a few years ago.

1 2 3 4 5