Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

Awesome!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2017
Very happy fun environment. Helpful coworkers and a great management staff. Good wages and friendly customers. good place to start off in the industry.
Good stuff
Server/ Shift Manager/ Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2017
A good restaurant to work for. Management is willing to accommodate you on shift availability. breakfast is the busy season bu there is always a shift where you can make money
Not a good kitchen to work in
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2017
Minimal pay, resources don't get fixed enoughthe labour is very high stress and it's in an unsafe work environment. Great people but I would. It recommend working there.
Good environment.
Dishwasher/Meal prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2017
Working for perkins was fun and generally a great environment. Apart from the low income the overnight hours and the job itself wasnt what i seen fit for myself. Washing dishes 5 days a week just wasnt what i saw myself doing and i knew i had way more potential. Therefore i left and get myself a new full-time position.
Awful and disorganised
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2017
Management cares more about themselves than customers and staff, favouritism is huge, no staff meetings to discuss problems (piece of paper demanding what is to be done). Never again will I work for this company.
Cons
short shifts (sometimes one hour), no teamwork, disorganized
Great restaurant
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2017
Being in management, the hours were long - you were on duty or on call 24 - 7. A typical day at work had a different challenge every day. The restaurant was open every day except Christmas.
Pros
Free meals
resteraunt doesnt exist anymore
COOK (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 June 2017
i was learning new things, job advancement opportunities. benefits,
great staff and management,
the restaurant is now closed, but it was a great environment to work in
Fun place to work
Kitchen Manager/ assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
The company is in need of some changes in both foh and boh they don't have any benefits or any bonuses for anyone who is with in the company and I had to pay
For my food handlers permit
Not managed well
Cook And prep (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB30 May 2017
Tired of working after they released the only manger who stuck up for the staff. Managers have friends who work there and treat them A lot better than other staff
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Lots of work and extra responsibilities without reward
It was a horrible experience.
Host and expediter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2017
So my experience working here was horrible, no communication, hours/promotions that were guaranteed were never followed through.
My typical day at work as a host, would be me basically being there cheap maintenance man and janitor that they never hired. I learned that you shouldn't always trust management with promises that they make. The hardest part of the job was being a gopher for the general manager. There was also no recognition for doing the job right. The workplace culture.... is very negative. I find that the hardest part of working for perkins was no communication what so ever, as well as no proper training but for the most enjoyable part of the job was working with some of the good staff, and working with the customers.
Travel and Learning
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 May 2017
Working and learning was awesome and travel did make it challenging at times with regard to personal time. However, within the context of the job and company, it was a good choice to make.
Fast- paced and a great environment to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2017
A typical day at Perkins Family Restaurant and Bakery consists of working fast-paced and ensuring that customers are always happy. Work with great individuals that are always willing to help others out.
Pros
Working with different customers and building a bond with them to ensure they are satisfied
Cons
Serving with more than 10 tables at one time
A great place to work.
Lead Cook and Host (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2017
I really enjoyed working at Perkins. It was a fast paced environment and always kept me on my toes. I loved the staff and we got along really well....
friendly enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 April 2017
loved the people I worked with had a lot of fun but also a lot of stress at times especially after management started to turn over. defiantly needed to work on the communication and have everyone on the same page.
fun group of people both front and back of house get along very well
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 April 2017
The kitchen could be better designed, most of the storage is in the basement of the hotel and you need to take the evalator to get most supplies which requires you to walk through the dining room
Pros
free swimming
productive and relaxed
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 March 2017
i thought it was great working at this place and every shift i had was never boring. the staff are great people and i got along with everyone in the restaurant
Pros
free soup
fun energetic enviornment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  winnipeg manitoba22 March 2017
a typical day at work its filled with laughs and stress. the Staff arent just staff, we work well together and everyone does there best to get along. the management is great, some supervisors could use more training because their work ethic is wrong.
nice place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
it is a nice place to work, but the management isnt good they are self centered. it has a flexible schedule, u can take a a day off whenever you want to as long us you book it off two weeks prior.
Typical dish-washing job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 February 2017
Standard dish washing job that allowed me to laern about basic skills in the kitchen managment could use some work as they were often not helpful or not around.
Yes it was a fun and experience place to work at
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Henderson hwy Winnipeg mb23 February 2017
Well I was working at Perkins on a work experience and never seen I was working at Perkins I made a lot of friends and everyone was so nice but I was a fast paced job my job was doing dishwasher that included collect dishes and utensil from kitchen,distributing specific items into cleaning racks,operate dishwasher,ensure all items are cleaned and sanitized efficiently,returning clean items to disignated locations, cleaning of worstation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perkins Restaurants & Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9