Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
alright
Line Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
good working day started out with prep work then went out to the line cooking area i learnt how to comminicate with other and how to handle money and work with custermers
Fun place to work at with great co-workers and management.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in. support from management.
Cons: not enough shifts to survive on. perkin's can not offer me full time work.
Was fully trained by Perkin"s for service on all sized trays. Great co-workers and management. Fun place to work at. Love my customers, especially my regulars.
A fun place to work at. Nice staff and great customers.
Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great staff and customers
Cons: not able to get full time work.
The hours are flexible and my co-workers are fun to work with.
I have been fully trained on serving with all different sized trays. Something I had never done before. The management has been very good to me trying to accommodate me with as many shifts as possible.
I love working with the customers the most. My regulars are great!
The hardest part of – more... the job is that I don:t get enough shifts. I would like to have full time work which they can:t give to me at this time. – less
A job
Junior Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 5, 2013
Cons: low wage, no respect
I've never had a job where I can truly say that I enjoyed it yet. It's sad to see that someone would tell you that if you're not in the "A" team and not up to par then they don't want you in their team.
You get as much as you give.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: great relationships
Cons: long hours
Very demanding job. Wonderful atmosphere. Great employees. You must love what you do to be able to continue in this area of employment.
Tips are small but quick environment where time flies
Supervisor/ Server (Former Employee), WinnipegJuly 19, 2012
Servers have tons of responsibilities behind the scenes and staff are overworked. Unrealistic customer service expectations. Lots of favorites played.
family owned restaurant
Server (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2014
ok place to work
late nights
now closed
not that great of a company
Family Dinning
Lead Server (Former Employee), Sheridan, WYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: managment
A prompt introduction with confidence to interact with individuals. The ability to remember guests orders and delivering the essentials suitable to the meal. Providing the quality of customer service.
A fun, quick-paced work environment with advancement opportunities.
Cook (Former Employee), Warren, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: discounted meals on and off the clock.
Cons: high turn-over rate.
A typical day consisted of cooking and expediting customer orders in distinct phases during the shift. The management was excellent, and co-workers often friendly. The hardest part of the job was being occasionally short-staffed due to a high turnover rate, but it also afforded hard-workers like myself opportunities for advancement. Probably the most – more... fun aspect of the job was the "races" I had with managers for the fastest check times while still maintaining the quality and integrity that Perkins is known for. I only lost once! I really learned that work does not have to be drudgery at this job. – less
Fun and Interesting
Server and Hostess (Former Employee), Anoka, MNAugust 2, 2014
Pros: breaks every 4 hours
Cons: lots of sidework
I worked a lot of overnights and bar shifts (5pm-3am). These shifts were very long and there is a lot of cleaning and sidework that has to be done after every shift. My co-workers and managers were nice and I got to meet some very interesting guests.
Productive and efficient work enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee), Avon, OHJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of working with co-workers and management to provide the best work environment for our customers.
Delivering excellent customer service
Waitress (Former Employee), Charleston SCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: everyday cash
Taking guest food orders and delivering there food in a timely manner.
Good experience
Waiter (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 16, 2014
typical day included setting up tables which included linens, glassware and silverware. Greeting customers and escorting them to their table, taking their orders correctly and bringing the check after the customers finish their food.
Pros and Cons of 24 Operation
General Manager (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free meals, 2 weeks pto to start, hotel discounts
Cons: 24 hours on weekends, small skilled hiring pool
Management works as a team. Helping with creating soultions to issues and creating a strong operations system. Associates have extensive tenure as some have been there over 20 years. A typical day would include interating with guests, welcoming associates to work, doing quality checks on products. Additional responsibilities include invoices, P&L, local – more... store marketing, training and product rollouts. Hiring and orientation of new associates. The most enjoyable part of the – less
Productive place to work at with good food
Bus person (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunch
Cons: short breaks
Perkins Restaurant is a fast paced environment that's fun to work at. The most enjoyable part of it knowing customers are satisfied with what they want and are eager to come back for more. The co workers there work as a team and are not self centered which is good because you can get a job done together.
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: working wih great people
Cons: not enough work hours
Every day I provide excellent customer service.
I learned how to be a team player and the importance of working together.
The management is very hard working and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when dealing with an irate customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring the customers have a great experience.
Family restaurant
Food and Customer Service (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2014
Mainly regulars who came into dine with us. Developed a great relationship with many of them. couldnt ask for a better place to start learning how to serve.
Uncomfortable workplace
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee), York, PAJune 30, 2014
The staff is rude, the entire place is micromanaged and there are favorites picked by management. The restaurant is dirty and the employees don't clean it the way it is advised to be.
Its a interesting place to work
Server (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJune 27, 2014
I have been there for nine years and have seen many people come and go. This place has had its up and downs!
Very good experience in a high stress environment
Food Production Manager (Former Employee), Sartell, MNJune 25, 2014
I learned how to deal with high pressure and to be loyal to employers despite the amount of pressure that may be present.

1 2 3 4 5