PERKINS+WILL Employee Reviews

intense work schedules yet very pleasant staff
Co-Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 March 2017
i was able to advance my skills in client relations and learned from junior staff members while being able to advance their knowledge; the hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines at times; most enjoyable part is client interface from a variety of cultures
Pros
great personal rewards and empowerment are basic to the firm
Cons
work schedules
Global firm that understands it's about the people
Architct (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 December 2016
I've been at the firm for a few years now, and have had the chance to work on many different projects. They let me explore new interests, and I've even collaborated with other offices around the world on some assignments. The projects are challenging, and the people are really smart.

My coworkers have very different backgrounds, which makes it more interesting. They want to hear new approaches to design. Feedback is fair and constructive.

The economy has changed a lot over the years, but I feel good about the firm's stability and focus on leadership. They are helping me to grow in my career.
Pros
Continuing Ed / exam support
Cons
long work hours
Architectural and Interior Design firm
Interior Designer/Computer Animation (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL4 September 2015
Design development, coordination of drawings and specifications required for bidding purposes and for construction. Express of conceptual interior design abilities in CAD format as well as 3D formats and animations.
Pros
Interior design and computer animation
Cons
Extremely competitive environment
Challenging and Fun
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA2 July 2014
Great Company to work with. I was a student consultant so I cannot say much about the company considering I did not work there full time.
Casual atmosphere where drinking alcohol is encouraged
Service Desk Technician Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Chicago4 November 2013
A high turnover rate!
They get a "10" for the stress factor forced onto the employees.
It was a big learning experience but I wouldn't there again.
Pros
Cons
stress, stress, stress !
Great firm, tough economy
Architectural Designer III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis24 September 2013
Great design opportunity, rough time to be graduating because projects frequently stalled out.
Invigorating, dynamic place to work
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA8 July 2013
Great work environment with sharing of ideas and participation in direction of firm.
Pros
Wednesday lunches
Cons
tight work spaces with poor air circulation
Upbeat firm
Executive Assistant/Construction Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC27 August 2012
A typical day at Perkins + Willl I wore many hats so everyday was different which I enjoyed. I like a challenge and this role was very challenging for me.

I learned several aspects of CA in an architectural firm.

Management really interacted with all the staff in ensuring the working environment was great.

The hardest part of my job was seeing so much of the staff being laid offf because of lack of work in the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had our Holiday parties and the end of year office meetings. I really got to see everyone happy and not so stressed out and we had a great time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PERKINS+WILL. Our community is ready to answer.