Mobile Applications Developer
PerkinElmer Informatics Division is a leading supplier of discovery, collaboration, and knowledge enterprise solutions, desktop software, scientific databases and consulting services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries.
PerkinElmer Informatics provides Enterprise solutions, desktop software, scientific databases, and professional services for biotechnology, drug discovery and chemical research, including software, databases, and web sites which enable customers to create, analyze and communicate chemical, biological, and scientific information more effectively.
PerkinElmer’s Informatics products are used primarily in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical industries, as well as in higher education and in academic and government research.
We are seeking a Mobile Applications Developer to join the Guelph, ON Development team. The Mobile Applications Developer will be responsible for creating a new family of products that operate within the Apple Software ecosystem. These products will require the integration of the company’s current product lines to meet the future needs of the marketplace, providing code libraries for integrating with other Content & Cloud products, while enhancing the capabilities and competitiveness of the existing product-line. He or she will maintain a strong development process to drive the development activities of the group. He or she will ensure our Informatics products lead the industry with innovation, market leading feature sets, and high quality, He or she will ensure projects are properly planned, designed, built, tested, documented and released – all within budget.
The final candidate will play a strong and active role on the Mobile Business Unit development team, contributing to all aspects of strategy formulation, product requirements definition, and business development strategies. Finally, it is critical that the person successfully build, manage and create a high caliber, innovative products that focus on design and user experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ year’s iOS application development experience or 2+ years Android application development experience required.
- Familiar with code management/build tools.
- Knowledge of Mobile networks such as GSM and CDMA is an asset.
- Abilities of self-management and multi-tasking are required.
- Acquire a strong understanding of the languages, frameworks, libraries, databases, services and tools utilized by the development team.
- Work on each assigned project in close collaboration with the assigned project team.
- Participate in regularly scheduled status meetings with project team to understand requirements, suggest product improvements, explain code design, provide estimates, describe work progress, and identify risks to timelines.
- University or college diploma in computer science or a related field
- Experience with Web Application Development
- Experience with Web Services Development
- Experience using source control systems
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position however those selected for an interview will be contacted.